CUMT International Scholarship For Students – China

China University of Mining and Technology (CUMT) offers annual scholarships to international students who intend to study at the University. Since 2013, CUMT  has  launched a scholarship scheme worth of RMB 5 million, which is aimed at attracting outstanding students to study at CUMT.

Categories of Scholarship

CUMT provides scholarships for outstanding international students who intend to study at the University. It contains two levels:

Class A: RMB 20,000 per year for Bachelor students,

RMB 22,000 per year for Master students ,

RMB 24,000 per year for Doctoral students.

Class B: RMB 8,000 per year for Bachelor students,

RMB 9,000 per year for Master students, and

RMB 10,000 per year for Doctoral students.

We also provide a one-year scholarship for Chinese language learning. This scholarship aims to support those outstanding students who are accepted by CUMT to degree programs, but do not meet the HSK requirements.

Class A is RMB 10,000,

Class B is RMB 8,000.

11The scholarship holders should sign a contract with CUMT to ensure that you will continue their degree programs at CUMT after completion of their Chinese Language learning. If you drop out or transfer to other college/university due to personal reason, you must make compensation according to CUMT’s scholarship regulations.

Scholarship can be used to pay for full or part tuition, housing fee and other university charges. The balance will be transferred directly into student’s bank account monthly except February and August.

Eligibility Criteria

1) Prospective students of non-Chinese nationality who whish to pursue degree programs at CUMT.

2) Applicants should meet the general admission criteria for international students.

2) Applicants’ academic grade point average should reach above 75 out of 100.

3) Two recommendation letters from your academic teachers /professors or employers.

4) Applicants should observe the laws of China as well as the rules and regulations of CUMT.

Application Procedures

1. Log on to the “International College, CUMT” website (http://sac.cumt.edu.cn/admission/).
  2. Register an individual account.
  3. Complete the Application Form online, and upload e-copies of relevant original documents.

Application Documents

1)CUMT Scholarship Application Form for International Students

(http://sac.cumt.edu.cn/eng/).

2) International Student Application Form.

3) Personal Statement (500 words).

4) Signed statement of family incomes in Chinese or English.

5) Authorized Physical Examination Record for Foreigner.

6) Copy of identification card or valid passport.

7) Original academic transcripts, and copy of degree certificates.

8) Two recommendations letters.

9) Other academic awards or achievements which may support you.

Please note that all the academic transcripts mentioned above should be original. All documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be accompanied by notarized translations in Chinese or English. All the writing in the forms should be in printing and signed. Any incomplete or invalid application will be rejected. The application materials will not be returned regardless of the result of application.Send all the required documents by post to the mailing address.

Selection and Notification

Awards will be based on student’s merit and other specific judging criteria by CUMT Scholarship Committee. For the prospective students, admission results will be announced by International College no later than July 1.

Scholarship Renewal

The scholarship is renewable annually depending on the comprehensive evaluation to the scholarship holders by CUMT. You should be aware that you cannot fail any courses. Additionally their academic performance of average score should be above 75 out of 100 or rank top 50% in all international students. Otherwise, the scholarship may be suspended.

1. anwar

May 24, 2015 at 7:14 AM

i need mater degree i interested to learn and speak china language pls help me to end my education how i can get that scholarship of china ministry and people so i requested to accept i hope you successfully thank you

2. dagme

May 31, 2015 at 6:51 AM

one day i hop a grat man

3. abdiaziz ali

August 18, 2015 at 11:26 PM

I need to help to learn china language and my degree

4. Hudayfi

September 14, 2015 at 6:55 PM

I am student graduated I am to study university

5. c/nuur mohamed farah

September 14, 2015 at 7:15 PM

انا صومالي اريد المساعده في طلب العلم انا الان متخرج من الثانويه في عام 2013-2014 ولم ادخل حتي الان في الجامعه اريد منحه دراسيه بكليه هندسة الاتصالات متشكر

6. abdirahman sheikh ibrahim

September 18, 2015 at 1:01 PM

i’m in somalia i need scollership i graguated on this year still i did not get any university i need faculty of engeneering telcominacation. plz help me

7. cabdisamad siciid

September 29, 2015 at 8:23 AM

my name cabdisamad siciid from un recognised country called Somaliland located horn of Africa . I graduated Hight school only geting A+ and am teacher in English language for primary school . am seeking to learn scholarship . please contact me 00252634430394.

8. amsalu hunie

September 30, 2015 at 5:28 AM

I need bachelar degree i am study tvet college and am teacher in ict for dabat tvet college am seeking scholarship please contact me +251928532222

9. Akot Makur Chuot

September 30, 2015 at 10:58 PM

I am south sudanese, I finished my high school at the age of 18 yrs in 2013. I could no longer advance to the university due to financial issues.I would be grateful if you put me under your consideration.

10. Serkalem Gosaye

November 7, 2015 at 10:50 PM

Am from ethiopia.i want to study accounting in BA degree program pls help me

11. sserunkuma bruno

November 8, 2015 at 6:52 PM

i want to get a scholarship opportunity and study in china, please admin avail me an opportunity

12. Birhsnu Zeleke

November 13, 2015 at 10:45 AM

I would like your adequately propose to give a chance for me .l will study your university MCs in chemical engineering faculity please contact to birsh28@gmail.com or 0918286444.tank you!!!

13. Temesgen Fekadu

January 20, 2016 at 6:24 PM

My name is Temesgen Fekadu from Ethiopia. I am graduated from Wollega University with distiniction in 2015. I seek to apply your ascholarship program to upgrade my education level in one of your University. Contact me by e-mail:temefeke@gmail.com or +251917845997 great 10Qs with best regards

14. Lodi pata Alex

February 10, 2016 at 9:33 AM

hey am by name Lodi pata Alex am southern sudan am graduate i did diploma in business and management but due to de political situation in the country i lose my guidance who was concern of my study. am gald to see this offer i have a dream to study in your country but only no courages financially and i wth be happy if you bring my dreams come truly my address are +211956972196.