Norwegian Government Quota Scholarship For BSc., MSc. & PhD Students Of Developing Countries

Application Deadline: December 31st 2015

Applications are now open for the Norwegian Government Quota Scholarship scheme for Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD Students from Developing Countries at universities and university colleges in Norway 2015/2016 .
The main objective of the Quota Scheme is to contribute to capacity building through education that will benefit the home country of the students when they return. The Scheme is also intended to strengthen relations between Norway and the selected countries and thus contribute to internationalization at Norwegian institutions of higher education.
Most universities and university colleges in Norway participate in the Quota scheme. The institutions involved are allocated a certain number of students under the programme each year. Most of the programmes offered are at Master’s or PhD level, but the Quota Scheme also offers certain Bachelor’s study programmes.

Students usually apply for degree programmes that serve as a continuation of their studies in their home country or for courses which can be a joint part of a degree programme in their home country (joint degree or sandwich programmes). Most of the programmes offered are at Master’s or PhD level, but the Quota Scheme also offers certain Bachelor’s study programmes.

All candidates should typically have the following basic qualifications:

• Secondary school certificates
  • Minimum two years of higher education from their home country

• If you wish to participate in the Norwegian Government Quota Scholarship Scheme, you must apply directly from your home country.
  • You must have stayed at least one year in your home country directly prior to the planned course of study at the Norwegian university /University College.
  • To be eligible to apply for the Quota Scheme, you must be able to find your home country on the list below.

Eligible Developing Countries

Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, China, Colombia, Comoros, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Djibouti, East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Laos, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Marshall islands, Mauritania, Micronesia, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar (Burma), Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, North Korea, Pakistan, Palestinian territories, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Republic of the Congo (Congo-Brazzaville), Rwanda, São Tomé & Príncipe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon islands, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, South Africa, Tanzania, Tchad, Thailand, The Democratic Republic of Congo (Zaire), Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Western Samoa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Yemen

Language Requirements:

Most of the study programmes offered under the Quota Scheme are taught in English. Applicants who are not native English speakers therefore must document their proficiency in English.

A few courses in the Quota Scheme are offered in Norwegian and require good skills in the Norwegian language. Students admitted to study programmes that are mainly taught in Norwegian may receive additional financial support for studying Norwegian language for one year prior to their study.

Admission to the Quota Scheme is highly competitive and meeting the minimum requirements is no guarantee for enrollment.

Downloads:

For More Information and Application Procedure:

1. Tsion Daniel

May 9, 2016 at 8:32 AM

My name is Tsion Daniel. I am Ethiopian. And I really want to study courses at higher Universities. I have full confidence in my self. I can attain my goals passing through any difficulties. If it is your pleasure to accept me, you can contact me on +251915536356

2. Ebisa Gemechu

May 11, 2016 at 6:12 PM

Hello my name is Ebisa Gemechu from Ethiopia, so please accept me to study phd in your country. here is my contact address kankoodha@gmail.com 251910153322

3. brhane solomom feshation

May 22, 2016 at 3:17 PM

my name is Brhane solomom feshation i’m Eritrean but now i’m refugee in Ethiopia under UNHCR,i have bachlar degree in nursing(BSN) ,i wont to study my MSC degree related to this filed,if i got scholarship or please contact me by e.mail brhane_solo94@yahoo.com

4. Mosisa Fatula

May 22, 2016 at 3:41 PM

My name is Mosisa Fatula. I’m from Ethiopia . I graduated from Wollega University with Bachelor of educ. in teaching physical education in 2010. So; dear sir/madam I’m very interested if I got the chance to follow my education. Yours sincerely Mosisa Fatula

5. brhane solomom feshation

May 22, 2016 at 3:43 PM

my name is Brhane solomon feshation i’m Eritrean but i’m refugee in Ethiopia under UNHCR i have bachlers degree in nursing(BSN) ,i wont to study my MSC degree related to this field,if i got scholarship or sponser please contact me by e.mail brhane_solo94@yahoo.com

6. Deginet Berhanu

July 24, 2016 at 11:54 AM

my name is Deginet Berhanu, am from Ethiopia,I have B.sc degree of natural resource economicswith CGPA of 3.82. Am Researcher&working in Ethiopia Environment&Forest Research Institution.And if I got a chance am so glad&very interested to learn in your university.So,keeping your good reply for my request I say good stay with your existed student,hope to join your university.Email berhanudeginet9@gmail.com

7. Adnan Hussen

July 25, 2016 at 1:59 PM

My name is Adnan Hussen. I am Ethiopian. I have frist degree by Natural resourse Mgt by 2006 Ec. I am very interested to learn Msc or other else degree by joining Your University with this chanse. Thank you!

8. GETACHEW BIRATU

August 18, 2016 at 2:05 AM

Nice to meet you. My name is Getachew Biratu. I have graduated Bsc in Drafting technology, whith CGPA 3.4 from Mizan Tepi university. Kindly, I would like to ask you to give me opportunity and sponcer ship to learn Masters in Architecture. If it is your pleasure Pleas contact me by 251917042464 and my email addres yerongecho1@gmail.com Thanks. From Ethiopia. I hope you.

9. GETACHEW BIRATU

August 21, 2016 at 5:48 AM

Nice to meet you. My name is Getachew Biratu. I have graduated Bsc in Drafting technology, whith CGPA 3.4 from Mizan Tepi university. Kindly, I would like to ask you to give me opportunity and sponcer ship to learn Masters in Architecture. If it is your pleasure Pleas contact me by +251917042464 and my email addres yerongecho1@gmail.com Thanks. From Ethiopia. I hope you.

10. Tsegay Hintsa

September 23, 2016 at 9:31 AM

I feel that i am lucky to meet you. My name is Tsegay Hintsa Kahsay and My Nationality is Ethiopian. I have graduated Bachelor of Science Degree in Information Technology with CGPA of 3.21,Hawassa University. Kindly, I would like to ask you to give me opportunity and sponcer ship to learn Masters Degree in in Information Technology. If it is your pleasure Pleas contact me by phone +251914827516 and my email addres tsegay1691@gmail.com Thanks. I From Ethiopia.

11. Tsegay Hintsa

September 23, 2016 at 10:00 AM

I feel that i am lucky to meet you. My name is Tsegay Hintsa Kahsay and My Nationality is Ethiopian. I have graduated Bachelor of Science Degree in Information Technology with CGPA of 3.21,Hawassa University. Kindly, I would like to ask you to give me opportunity and sponcer ship to learn Masters Degree in in Information Technology. If it is your pleasure Pleas contact me by phone +251914827516 and my email addres tsegay169@gmail.com Thanks. I From Ethiopia. sorry this is the correct one for my Address.