University Of Johannesburg URC International Postgraduate Scholarship 2015
Application Deadline: May 15 2015
URC International Scholarship is a scholarship awarded to non-South African students currently
registered for Master’s and Doctoral degrees.
In order to qualify, students must:
- Not be South African citizens or permanent residents. Students from SADC and other African countries should be given preference.
- Be registered for a full-time Master’s or PhD and within the following term:
- Master’s–within two years from first date of registration for the degree
- Doctoral–within three years from first date of registration for the degree
- May not hold any bursaries, awards, assistantships or emoluments concurrently with the URC international scholarship, which bind him/her to enter the service of any organisation upon completion of his/her studies. In addition, the scholarship may not be held concurrently with any other NRF, university or Government funded scholarship/bursary.
- Have an average of at least 60% in the previous degree.
- Registering for the first time for the specific level of study.
- The scholarship-holder may not hold full-time salaried employment during the tenure of the scholarship, but he/she will be allowed to undertake a maximum of twelve hours of teaching, tutorials, assistance or demonstration duties per week on average during the year of study, and he/she may be remunerated for his/her services, provided that he/she is reimbursed at the normal university tariff for services rendered.
- All awardees will be required to enter into a signed agreement with the University of Johannesburg.
The value of the scholarships are:
- Master’s = R65,000
- PhD = R95,000
Funding is provided for one year and is renewable for subsequent years within the term of the degree (indicated above) and is subject to sufficient progress and availability of funds. The scholarship amount is available in two portions, one per semester
- The 2015-URC-International-scholarship-application-form must be completed electronically by the student and signed by the student and Dean of the Faculty.
- Forms must be submitted with attachments to Ms Dudu Mbatha at the Postgraduate Centre, APK Library, Level one).
Completed applications forms together with the requested documents can be hand delivered to the Postgraduate Centre, Kingsway Campus, Nano Building Resolution Circle, Auckland Park to Ms Dudu Mbatha’s attention (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For More Information: