2016 Canon Collins Trust Scholarships For Postgraduate Study In South Africa
Application Deadline: 27th July 2015, at 3pm GMT
Canon Collins Trust invites applications for scholarships for postgraduate study in South Africa in 2016. Canon Collins Trust will provide funding for up to a maximum of two years for Masters and three years for PhD. Continued funding depends upon satisfactory progress and academic reports.
In 2016, the awards will be for only to those studying in three areas:
1. Justice, which includes Law, Economics, Politics and the Environment
2. Education policy and practice
3. Humanities, which includes Literature, History, Anthropology and the Arts
• be a national of, or have refugee status in, one of the following countries: Angola, Botswana,
Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe
• be normally resident in one of the above countries
• be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
• be studying or applying to study at a South African university
- Applications are available through the online application form on www.canoncollins.org.uk/ccsa.html.
You will find full instructions online when you start a new form.
All sections of the form need to be complete before the system will allow the application form to be
submitted. Information can be saved and the application form edited until the applicant chooses to submit.
All applicants are required to upload the following supporting documentation:
• Copy of degree certificates, if available
• Certified academic transcripts
• Reference letters from two referees
• ID document (the following are acceptable: passport, birth certificate, driver’s license)
You may also need to submit:
• Proof of refugee status, if applicable
• Two recent payslips, if currently employed
• PhD proposal if applicable
- In 2016 most awards will be valued at R65,000 for each year of study at Masters and PhD level.
- In exceptional cases Canon Collins may offer up to R100,000 per year.
- There is support for both full and part-time study and will consider applications from those who wish to study by distance learning
- An annual conference for current scholars, usually in July, and hold several smaller events throughout the year.
- Scholarship holders are expected to participate in these activities and to become part of and contribute to our network.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Canon Collins Trust Scholarships for Postgraduate Study in South Africa