Apply For UTS President’s Postgraduate Scholarship For International Students, Australia – 2015

The UTS Research scholarships are available to support international students to study Masters by Research and Doctoral programs at UTS which are managed by the Graduate Research School. Applications are only open once a year. Other scholarship opportunities for international students can be found on the UTS: scholarships website.

The UTS President’s scholarship (UTSP) is provided by the University to international students who demonstrate exceptional research potential.

Worth of Award

• The UTSP covers general living expenses for a period of two years for a Research Masters degree or three years for a Research Doctorate degree. In 2014 the amount for this scholarship is A$25,392 per annum and is indexed annually.
  • The UTSP scholarship is not transferable to another institution.

To be eligible for a UTSP, a student must:
  • Be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003; and
  • Holder of a international student visa, meeting requirements as specified by the Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs (DIMA), including the requirement to purchase and maintain a standard Overseas Student Health Cover policy approved by the Commonwealth Government Department of Health and Ageing; and
  • Have completed a Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours, or be regarded by the University as having an equivalent level of attainment in accordance with clause (d); and
  • Where applicants do not hold a Bachelor degree with First Class Honours in clause above, the University may determine that the applicant has demonstrated an equivalent level of academic attainment. In determining an equivalent level of academic attainment, the University may consider previous study, relevant work experience, research publications, referees’ reports and other research experience.
  • Be commencing full-time enrolment for the first-time in a Higher Degree by Research(HDR) at an eligible scholarship provider (such as the University. The provider may also consider students who:
  • i commenced their HDR in the previous year but who, due to the timing of their application and subsequent enrolment, were unable to apply for the scholarship in that year; or
  • ii. commenced a HDR and terminated that enrolment within six months of commencement; or
  • iii. are nominated by their Faculty/Institute for strategic reasons related to theirresearch project;

or

• iv. have been approved for a course transfer to a different Faculty/Institute; and
  • be enrolled as a full-time student; and
  • not have completed a degree at the same or higher level as the proposed candidature; and
  • must not previously have held an Australian Government-funded postgraduate research scholarship unless it was terminated within six months of the scholarship’s payments commencing; and
  • must not be receiving an equivalent award, scholarship or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the UTSP stipend rate to undertake the HDR. Income earned from sources unrelated to the course of study is not subject to the 75% rule.
  • be a recipient of an UTS International Research Scholarship (UTS IRS)

How to Apply

Applicants should ensure that they submit their completed application, including all required supporting documentation, by the relevant application deadline. Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.

For prospective students

• To apply, please submit the UTS International Higher Degree Research Application Form for both the degree and scholarship(s) through UTS: International by the advertised deadline.
  • UTS International has information on how to apply, and for further enquiries please contact the UTS: International Sponsored Students Team.

For currently enrolled research students:

• To apply, please submit the completed HDR scholarship application form for current students (docx, 79kb) with a CV by the advertised deadline. For further enquiries, please contact the Graduate Research School.
  • Please be aware that currently enrolled students are only eligible to apply for an International Research Scholarship if they commenced their higher degree by research in the past 12 months, and were unable to apply for the scholarship at the same time as admission due to the timing of their application.

Deadline: application closes August 20, 2015

Click here for more details

1. Elijah Fobi

June 8, 2015 at 2:01 PM

Interesting

2. SAKUBU

June 24, 2015 at 6:16 AM

I’m Burundian , I was graduated in computer maintenance, then I would like continuing computer science and information technology. thanks.

3. Yaregal Amare Alene

June 27, 2015 at 11:50 PM

I graduated my first from haramaya University in BSC Midwifery. I need to study human medicine.please send me message ,phone no 0912942964

4. Aziza Adan Hassan

June 29, 2015 at 7:33 AM

my name abdiqadir mahamed Ismail I live Ethiopia I have bacholar degree sceins I need chance to brought my knowlge plze contect me +251933248260 thanks

5. Kwia s Williams

June 29, 2015 at 10:30 AM

I’m interesting

6. Na

September 15, 2015 at 9:39 AM

I’m Nardos worku am from Ethiopia,Am grade 11 student.I need chance to brought my knowledge and I need to study medicine Please contact me +251933315248 thanks

7. Na

September 15, 2015 at 9:41 AM

I’m Nardos worku am from Ethiopia,Am grade 11 student am 17 years old.I need chance to brought my knowledge and I need to study medicine Please contact me +251933315248 thanks

8. Elias

September 16, 2015 at 5:49 PM

9. Elias

September 16, 2015 at 5:51 PM

Hi there! I’m Elias i have graduated in medical science & have been working with it for past 2 years. Now i want to study my post graduate program in ur institution.i am so glad if u give me this opportunity for z program to contact with me phone +251917054303

10. Bob Kumwimba

September 27, 2015 at 3:18 PM

my name is Bob kumwimba, i’m a congolese and i live congo (DRC),i have ingenior grade in agronomics sciences of Lubumbashi university and i need continue to study.i’m interesting: +243990699282.many thanks for contact me.

11. Ali osman jimale warsame

October 9, 2015 at 10:29 PM

I request to Give me scholarship becous I don’t cable to study the university

12. yehualashet beyene

October 17, 2015 at 12:02 PM

Dear/Sir Ihave B.A.IN cooperatives.In need M.A.InEconomics.

13. bisi

October 20, 2015 at 8:01 AM

hi ..im Bisi currently withholding delloma in architecture Tech. id like to study pharmacy..could i please have a busary please. here s my details +266 59161 588 bisimakhetha@yahoo.com

14. David william

October 29, 2015 at 9:30 PM

I am David william from S . Sudan am 21 year old am undergraduate engigering in universty of Juba so i need free schoolarship my number is here +211920195163.

15. Muzamil umar

October 30, 2015 at 8:40 PM

My name is muzami umar. i live in ethiopia known as am in grade 11th. becouse i need this chans pls call me by this number +251912882405

16. Eyob

November 1, 2015 at 5:03 AM

Hi there my name is eyob hailemariyam am from ethiopian i have bachlor degree in computer science thanks

17. ABDULJEBAR

November 5, 2015 at 6:23 PM

hello i want to study my post graduate in your intitution please include me

18. biruk gedey

November 7, 2015 at 7:00 PM

I’m biruk gedey i am from Ethiopia, nd i am studying mechenical engineering undergrauated in mekelle. and I need a chance to brought my knowledge and I need to study in mechenical engineering Please contact me 251910330540 thanks.

19. cedric butera

November 8, 2015 at 5:35 PM

I’m Cedric butera From Rwanda I’m student I study computer science I want to study at your school may God bless you thanks 250722180745

20. maxamed Abshir

August 4, 2016 at 1:42 PM

my is maxamed Abshir Aadan I live somalia I need chance to brought my knowlge plze contect me 2524925874thanks