Melbourne International Research Scholarships (MIRS), Australia – 2015

Melbourne International Research Scholarships (MIRS)

Melbourne International Research Scholarships (MIRS), Australia – 2015

The Melbourne International Research Scholarships (MIRS) is awarded to international students wishing to undertake graduate research degree studies at the University of Melbourne.

The University awards over 150 scholarships per year.

Worth of Award

The duration of the MIRS is up to two years for student undertaking a master by research degree and up to three years, with a possible six month extension, for students undertaking a doctorate by research degree.

The following benefits apply:

• in line with Australia Postgraduate Award:
    • fortnightly living allowance;
    • relocation grant for students moving to Melbourne from interstate or from outside Australia;
    • thesis Allowance; and
    • limited paid sick, maternity and parenting leave.
  • Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) (single membership)

To be considered for the MIRS, you must:

• be an international applicant (ie. a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand, and not an Australian permanent resident);
  • have completed tertiary studies that are at least equivalent to a 4-year honours degree at an Australian university with a minimum result of first class honours;
  • have applied for admission to undertake a master or doctorate by research degree or be currently enrolled in a research degree at the University of Melbourne
  • have not already completed a research qualification at the same or higher level as the course for which a scholarship is sought.

Current University of Melbourne students must have at least 12 months full-time or equivalent candidature remaining. Students enrolled in the MPsych/PhD or the SJD are eligible to apply from the second year of the course.

How to Apply

• Current University of Melbourne students who are enrolled in a research degree for which they wish to receive a MIRS must apply through the Student Portal.
  • All other students must complete an Application for Admission to Graduate Research Degree Candidature and Scholarship

Selection

MIRS are awarded on the basis of academic merit. Eligible applicants are considered according to their:

• academic achievement in their last completed degree; and
  • research potential in their field of study, taking into consideration factors relevant to the proposed research including professional experience, refereed publications, specialist medical qualifications or composition of original music.

Deadline:

The University assesses applications for scholarships on an ongoing basis. As a general rule:

• applications submitted before October 31, (Round 1) will be finalised by 15 February of the following year, and
  • applications submitted before 31 May (Round 2) will be finalised by 31 July.

However, the following faculties have different or additional scholarship rounds:

• Engineering
  • Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
  • Science

Click link for more details and apply

1. Abdikarim Ali Mohamed

October 29, 2015 at 11:50 AM

Dear sir/Madam, My name’s Abdikarim Ali Mohamed, I am undergraduated student of accounting &finance ,so i will appreciate to get international schoolarship because i would like to pursue my higher Education, how to reach my overall goal, therefore i will requested to facilitate my request. if you need further information please contact me 252907637485 or farxan622@gmail.com. thank you for your consideration time.

2. sudeys haarun

November 6, 2015 at 11:14 AM

i want to develop my knowledge and so ineed to help me for scholarship thanks

3. sudeys haarun

November 6, 2015 at 11:20 AM

iam somali student me enterest the learning please help me and contact me 252907612719

4. Sultan mohammed

November 7, 2015 at 5:50 AM

My name is sultan mohammed. I am 23 years old. I got Bsc in plant science from jimma university of ethiopia. I want to get scholarship to learn Msc in plant science. Dear scholars/sponsors help me by cell phone 251921100942 email address sultanmuhammed4@gmail.com Thank for provided us such an interesting programme.

5. Kedir Tibeso

November 8, 2015 at 7:22 AM

Dear Sr/Madam My name is Kedir Tibeso; I’m from Ethiopia. I’v BA degree in Economics. Now I’m looking for scholarship awarded by your university to study‏.‏ you can contact me by my email address and/phone +251910305711

6. shishay

November 11, 2015 at 10:00 PM

Hellow dear,my name is Shishay G/­meslel from Ethiopia,i have BA degree in Civics & Ethics in university of Gondar in Ethiopia, with 3.43 CGPA .So I want to study my MS in related course inuniversity of in your countries,(Master Scholarship).Please contact me,if you give me this great opportunity: ( +25191415913),or,sisay.­meskeel.56@gmail.com­.Thank youa lot,God bless you.!!!!!!please help me u or search other fried sponsors please& change my life

7. Festus musale

November 12, 2015 at 7:17 PM

My names are festus musale i am a zambian would love to have the degree on your campus,first and formus i we be grand to be part of this scholaship because it we mean alot to me and my future and i will be greatful for your feedback. Festus_musale@yahoo.com/0968890298

8. Amran farah adan

December 6, 2015 at 3:02 PM

may name’s Amran farah adan I live putland state of somalia student .I want to get the scholarship master degree of busness administration please give chance tha scolershib contact bay email Amran5bb@gmail.com or tell: +252907621978

9. okbazghi tsegay

December 26, 2015 at 7:54 AM

Hi there my name is Okbazghi from Eritrea.I have BA degree in civil engineering and would like your help with the scholarship.

10. fasil getahun

April 8, 2016 at 3:01 PM

hello my name is fasil getahun from Ethiopia am graduate in water supply and Environmental engineering am relly happy if i get this opportunity if u want me 251921267817

11. deck mahmud ahmed

July 16, 2016 at 10:13 AM

Hi deck Mahamud ahmed is my full name so i have adgeree program so I have been searching this great chance for belong time so iam requesting you to except my especial request so as to i member off you so I am a young and I want to reach ahigh level in my eduction I want to join your Universty so plz except me my special request thank you again and again thank you plz context me my phone number is +251929393179 or. +251915655904. Again thank you

12. abdallahi mohammed

July 25, 2016 at 6:08 PM

i want to learn high level of education plz help me phone 0920361389

13. abdinur

August 17, 2016 at 8:56 AM

i am welcoming this opportunity