Rhodes Scholarships For International Students At University Of Oxford 2015

Rhodes Scholarships For International Students At University Of Oxford 2015

Rhodes Scholarships For International Students At University Of Oxford 2015

Brief description:

The Rhodes Scholarships are postgraduate awards supporting exceptional all-round students at the University of Oxford.   Established in the will of Cecil Rhodes in 1902, the Rhodes is the oldest and perhaps the most prestigious international scholarship program in the world.

Host Institution(s):

Oxford University in UK

Fields of study:

Rhodes Scholars come from many academic backgrounds and pursue a wide variety of courses at Oxford.  Applicants should review the Oxford’s postgraduate degree courses to determine the degree for which they would apply.

There are very few restrictions on the full-time post-graduate degrees supported by Rhodes Scholarships.  Rhodes Scholars may only undertake the Master of Business Administration or the Master of Financial Economics in the second year of the Scholarship.

Number of Scholarships:

A class of 83 Scholars is selected each year

Target group:

Students from Australia, Bermuda, Canada, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Jamaica and Commonwealth Caribbean, Kenya, New Zealand, Pakistan, Southern Africa (including South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia, and Swaziland), United Arab Emirates, United States, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.

Scholarship value/inclusions:

A Rhodes Scholarship covers all University and College fees, the university application fee, a personal stipend for living expenses (£13,658 per annum 2014-15), and economy class airfare to and from Oxford at the commencement and conclusion of the scholarship.

Eligibility:

The following eligibility criteria apply to all applicants for the Rhodes Scholarships:

• Citizenship & residency: Each applicant must fulfil the citizenship and residency requirements of the Rhodes constituency for which they are applying.  Please check the detailed information carefully via the country links.

• Age: Age limits vary between constituencies and range from a minimum age limit of 18 to a maximum of 28 by 1 October of the year following selection. In most constituencies, the age limit is 24 or 25. Please check carefully the specific age requirements for your constituency before applying.  Successful candidates will arrive in Oxford the October following the selection process.  The Scholarship may not normally be deferred.

• Education: All applicants must have achieved academic standing sufficiently advanced to assure completion of a bachelor’s degree by the October following election. Academic standing must be sufficiently high to ensure admission to the University of Oxford, which has very competitive entry requirements, and to give confidence that Rhodes Scholars will perform to a high academic standard in Oxford. Individual constituencies may specify a 1st or equivalent.  Some constituencies require an undergraduate degree to have been taken within the constituency of application.

Application instructions:

All candidates for the Scholarship should read the information about the Scholarships applicable globally, and then proceed to their country-specific page to read the application criteria, eligibility requirements, and deadline specific to their country. Applications for Rhodes Scholarships open during the spring and summer of the preceding year.Deadline varies per country but is aroundJuly-October of the preceding year you wish to study.

It is important to read the how to apply page and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.

Website:

Official Scholarship Website: http://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/

1. may nane abdiqani

June 27, 2015 at 6:24 AM

i need this scholarship i live in somalia contact me

2. Garad Sa'id Egal

June 28, 2015 at 2:16 PM

My name is Garaad Sa’id Egal. I live Somali’s capital in Mogadishu. I perefere to joing student this university. If university accepted for me. Thank very much.

3. My name is muse yusuf

June 29, 2015 at 2:39 AM

My name is muse yusuf I want to study university of oxford I thinking that to study oxford everyday and every night I will won my condition is very very hope my hope to study oxford anytime that take me

4. Jonathan Musembei

June 29, 2015 at 2:47 PM

I am a finalist student at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology. in Kenya.By early September i wold be a graduant..i realy will be glad to get the schorlaship

5. yacin hirsi isman

June 30, 2015 at 9:49 PM

I am a bachelor in 2014 . I would like to study in Germany for al university Jeff Schell . for important reason as the condition of my life here in my country Djibouti .I realy will be glad to get the schorlaship.

6. Abas Aden Osman

July 3, 2015 at 7:16 PM

after abig thnk my name is Abas Aden Osman I from somalia in hargaisa i need to to apply this opportunity please contact me Email cabaas78@live.com and my phone number00252633511873 i wish u all the best ofevery thing is Good

7. gebremedhin tesfay

July 4, 2015 at 8:43 AM

if it possible plrase contact by this email gmtesfay2004@gmail.com

8. sihnemariam ayele tegegn

July 4, 2015 at 7:41 PM

i need this scholarship i hope i am fulfill the criterias

9. Kiguli Diphas

July 4, 2015 at 11:22 PM

My name is kiguli diphas leaving in uganda,eastern part of africa,i studied journalism and media studies at datamine technical business school in makerere,kampala,uganda. Am graduating soon this september but i real need to get this chance of ascholarship and i will be delighted if am considered…thank you.

10. motsoane ranchobe

July 7, 2015 at 1:43 PM

Hey iam motsoane from Lesotho I am applying for the. Scholarship I did my diplomain education primary and obtained my 1st class

11. AhmedNur

July 7, 2015 at 5:47 PM

Hello my names ahmednur abdidek would like to study the scholarship so I did complete clinical nausea and I am going on beplic health and I will graduate after 6 months. Thanks

12. aida issac

July 8, 2015 at 8:44 AM

hi i am Aida Issac i studied public health and be graduated after 6 months . i really want to join oxford university .please contact me by Facebook address aida issac@yahoo.com. thank u

13. Khetla justice Mathetsa

July 9, 2015 at 8:28 AM

hello my name is Khetla Justice Mathetsa i just copletted my associate degree in Media courses so i would like to study in China to persue the course related to what i did.thank

14. awgichew

July 9, 2015 at 4:19 PM

name awgichew chane belachew my status is ba degree from gondar university ,ethiopia in 2015 and now i want to undertake my masters degree in your university so that am glad if you give me this chance

15. Samira abdiweli ali

July 9, 2015 at 9:12 PM

My samira abdiweli ali Student at Benadir University Mogadishu Somalia I will graduate MBBS in year 2016 I want scholarships of postgraduate in America plz accept my request

16. Yoseph

July 9, 2015 at 10:30 PM

Please contact me at my email address yosigetesh@gmail.com thank you!

17. Jacob faith

July 10, 2015 at 7:56 AM

I’m interested in your scholarship program

18. Jacob faith

July 10, 2015 at 7:57 AM

I need your scholarship

19. Abdilahi smail X. Dirie

July 10, 2015 at 11:57 AM

My name is Abdilahi Aladala I live in Somalia(West of Somalia Las’anod, Khatumo State) I Want to study Universty of Oxford,,My Condition $ my hope is Very hight,, Thanks Douple,,,,

20. Abdi halim mohamed ahmed

July 10, 2015 at 12:16 PM

I am a ethiapian student I have gratuated my high school and i need a scholarship like this i am interesting to be a student in this universty i have a dream i please if you help me and my hope oxford universty realy i want bochular degrea thnks my phone number 00251915225606 I wish u all the best of every thing is good lucky