‣ The International Peace Scholarship Fund, established in 1949, is a program which provides scholarships for selected women from other countries for graduate study in the United States and Canada. Members of P.E.O. believe that education is fundamental to world peace and understanding.
‣ The 2016-2017 PEO International Peace Scholarships are based upon demonstrated need; however, the award is not intended to cover all academic or personal expenses. At the time of application, the applicant is required to indicate additional financial resources adequate to meet her estimated expenses. Examples of additional resources are personal and family funds, tuition waivers, work scholarships, teaching assistantships, study grants and other scholarships.
‣ The maximum amount awarded to a student is $10,000. Lesser amounts may be awarded according to individual needs
Have what it takes to avail 2016-2017 PEO International Peace Scholarships ?
‣ An applicant must be qualified for admission to full-time graduate study and working toward a graduate degree in an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada.
‣ A student who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada is not eligible.
‣ Scholarships are not given for online courses, research, internships or for practical training if not combined with coursework.
‣ In order to qualify for her first scholarship, an applicant must have a full year of coursework remaining, be enrolled and in residence for the entire school year.
‣ Doctoral students who have completed coursework and are working only on dissertations are not eligible as first-time applicants.
‣ International students attending Cottey College are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
Printable IPS Policies (PDF – updated 06/14)
IPS APPLICATION CALENDAR DATES for the 2016-2017 Term of Study
September 15, 2015
IPS begins to accept Eligibility Forms
December 15, 2015
Last day to submit Eligibility Forms
March 1, 2016
Last day to submit completed application materials from applicants already enrolled in the graduate program and school for which their scholarship is intended
April 1, 2016
Last day to submit completed application materials from applicants not yet enrolled in the graduate program or school for which the scholarship is intended
Last day to submit completed application materials for applicants who will be attending Cottey College: May 2016
Notification of scholarship awards : June 1, 2016
Last day for students to accept IPS scholarships
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.