2015 University and Commonwealth Government Scholarships By University of Newcastle

2015 University and Commonwealth Government Scholarships By University of Newcastle

Deadlines :- International applications close 31 August at 4pm
Domestic applications close 31 October at 4pm

University and Commonwealth Government Scholarships, The University of Newcastle, Australia
Full-time research students are eligible to apply for University and Commonwealth Government scholarships, which are awarded during one main round offer. They provide a living allowance so you can commit to full-time study.
Scholarships are granted on the basis of academic merit, which includes your undergraduate grade point average and extra research attainments.

What does the scholarship offer?
A scholarship funded by the University of Newcastle or the Commonwealth Government provides:
*.An annual living allowance $25,849 p.a.(2015 rate – indexed annually)
The scholarship may also include:
*.a relocation allowance (up to $2,020)
*.a thesis allowance (up to $500)
*.a full tuition fee scholarship(international students)
*.overseas student health cover (OSHC)(international students)

Duration
PhD scholarships are for three years and Masters scholarships are for two years, less any tenure already completed towards a research degree.
For domestic students– up to three of the highest ranked domestic applicants will receive aVice Chancellor’s Scholarship for Outstanding Candidates. If you are awarded this scholarship, you receive an additional $10,000 per annum on top of the living allowance.

Am I eligible for a scholarship?

Eligibility criteria is set by the Commonwealth Government and candidates must:

*.have a current offer of admission into a research higher degree.
*.have completed at least four years of undergraduate study and have attained Honours Class 1 or equivalent and a high grade point average (GPA)
*.be no more than two full-time equivalent years into their PhD (or one year for Masters) at the end of the year.

Successful international scholarship candidates usually also have:

*.satisfied the English proficiency requirement(IELTS of at least 6.5)
*.A master degree with strong research component
*.International peer reviewed research publication or research experience

Scholarship conditions

*.be enrolled full-time (part-time enrolment may be approved in exceptional circumstances. Part-time scholarships are taxable)
*.be enrolled on-campus (off-campus enrolment may be approved in exceptional circumstances)
*.scholars may only work a maximum of 8 hours per week (between Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm)
*.scholarship offers must be taken-up in the year of the offer and cannot be deferred to the following year. A leave of absence may be taken after 1 year full-time enrolment.

How do I apply?

Currently enrolled candidates can apply for a scholarship by contacting research scholarships at newcastle.edu.au
New applicants can apply for a scholarship at the same time as applying for admission.
Your application for admission must include:
*.Copies of all academic transcripts
*.A research proposal
*.Evidence of extra academic attainments e.g. publications
*.If required, certified evidence of meeting the English proficiency requirement
Please ensure you attach the following documents to support your scholarship application:
*.Copies of research publications, exhibitions or conference papers
*.Curriculum Vitae
*.Details of previous research experience e.g. research work experience / study
*.Any additional documents that may add to your scholarship application e.g. evidence of the award of a University Medal

Related documents
*. Scholarship Information Sheet
*. Scholarship Guidelines
*. Scholarship Procedures

What happens once I submit my application?
*.Applications are assessed and ranked according to merit
*.Attendance at an interview is not normally required
*.Scholarship outcomes are known from mid December each year

Further Scholarship Information and Application, Click Here

1. Galaydh

August 17, 2015 at 8:28 AM

Hi My name Abdiqani Galaydh I from Somalia I need This scholarship please contact me; Mr.galaydh@hotmail.com

2. Gemechu Hordofa

August 24, 2015 at 8:15 AM

my name is Gemechu Hordofa, i am graduated by deploma in electronic office equipment maintenance at Jimma university.and i am on learning besness management at private university .if you give me this chance please contact me by my 251922083092 hordofagame@gmail.com

3. ishimwe jean felix

August 24, 2015 at 1:57 PM

am called Ishimwe jean felix,am a young boy with 21 years old,am Rwandan, and am gradueted by diploma in Economics ang Geoghaph.so if you give me those chance i will devellop all sociaty.hambly am waiting for your good unsuer, thanx. MY CONTACTS: +250726679989

4. Leul Ayele

August 25, 2015 at 10:31 AM

hello, England I’m leul civil engineering student in Arba minch university(Ethiopia).I would like to study abroad specially like England.I’m good in science so please help me to achieve my goal.if you offer contact me at 251922111157 or by email address leulayele15@gmail.com.Thanks a lot.

5. adnaan xiis

August 28, 2015 at 6:08 PM

hi my name adnaan I went to study this university sow can.u helby me my email adnaantimo31@gmail.com send me

6. abdiqani aadan

August 31, 2015 at 9:57 PM

my name aabdigani aadam sulaiman ali I’m gratuitrd high school in somalia I want to study medical ig Allah say and my phone number 252634923113

7. abdiqani aadan

August 31, 2015 at 9:58 PM

my name aabdigani aadam sulaiman ali I’m gratuitrd high school in somalia I want to study medical if Allah say and my phone number 252634923113

8. IRAKUZWA AIME PATRICK

September 3, 2015 at 1:35 PM

very good

9. YONAS WONDIFRAW

September 6, 2015 at 1:22 PM

how can get scholarshp ?i am grade 10 student

10. Okyere Collins

September 14, 2015 at 2:18 PM

Hi please Okyere Collins is my name from Ghana I wish to be part of your school but no financial support so please help me to get this schoolarship.Thank you my phone number 233247861838

11. alexander macheus

September 17, 2015 at 4:06 PM

hi am alexander macheus i would like to request for your scholarship to continue with my studies of engeneering please help me my contact number is 0715636882

12. Dembane kebe

September 18, 2015 at 5:22 AM

Hello! my name is dDembane kebe i am a senegalese and a scholar at cheikh anta diop university of DAKAR Senegal west africa i would like to be a part of your school i am specialising in african civilisatins and i can speak many languages such as spanish, english, and french please help me to get this scholarship

13. Dembane kebe

September 18, 2015 at 5:24 AM

Hello! my name is Dembane kebe i am a senegalese and a scholar at cheikh anta diop university of DAKAR Senegal west africa i would like to be a part of your school i am specialising in african civilisations and i can speak many languages such as spanish, english, and french please help me to get this scholarship

14. Helen Delelegn

September 21, 2015 at 6:57 PM

Hello my name is Helen Delelegn.I am from Ethiopia.I will graduate in 2016 from secondary school.I have good potential in my eduction and i want to study Economics in your university so please help me to achive my goal.Thank you!

15. kibrom beyene

September 23, 2015 at 8:50 AM

my name is kibrom beyene from ethiopia.aged 21am willing to join u people please contact me through +251911883947

16. Ann Mbithe Kasyoki

September 24, 2015 at 1:20 PM

I Dear;A’m Ann Mbithe Kasyoki from mombasa Kenya,I complete a high school last year 2014 with a C+ 51 points,And my family they don’t have money to continue in Next level….University..So please help me n God will blss u,Cont me in +254726710292 or +254728871614…thank you and God blss Everyone.

17. Omar A/karim Mouse

September 26, 2015 at 4:07 PM

PLEASE, Help / SOS ! First, thank you for this chance. my name is Omar A/karim Mouse. I am from Somalia and I have already finished my high school. As you know my country is collapsed / destroyed by wars! Really this is what I have been seeking for long time to be one of the winners of international scholarships. so, I wish to allow me this chance. please give a hand I am from poor family and I do not have what to pay for may Education due to financial capacity! I willing to hear you soon! you can contact me on my tell: 002520634622346

18. cabdisamad siciid

September 27, 2015 at 11:59 AM

my name cabdisamad siciid from un recognised country called Somaliland located horn of Africa . I graduated Hight school only geting A and am teacher in English language for primary school . so dear newcastle helpedvme . am seeking to learn scholarship . please contact me 00252634430394.

19. shifera gebeyehu

September 29, 2015 at 8:14 AM

20. shifera gebeyehu

September 29, 2015 at 8:17 AM

my name is shifera gebeyehu want this scholarship because am want study a docter for this time am study at adigirat university 251915617879

21. MUSTAPHA TIJJANI

October 11, 2015 at 8:13 PM

my name is mustapha i am muslim i proud to be are muslim! call me in this number 08108551536

22. ADEGO TESFIE KASSIE

October 22, 2015 at 6:25 AM

Graguated in applied physics Bsc degree please help me to learn interst in Msc degree

23. Wondimagegn Nigussie

October 29, 2015 at 9:55 AM

To sir/madam hey, Am from Ethiopia & citizen of Ethiopian, I have BA in Accounting with GPA 3. 72 GC 2012. And currently now i have to looking postgraduate MBA free scholarship. So Please help me by giving this honorable chance from your university. For more information please contact me via email address & Mobile no_ (251) 912183640. email ; wondmagegn2006@gmail. com

24. desalegn altaseb

October 31, 2015 at 7:38 AM

I am desalegn altaseb from ethiopia and 24 years old. i have Bsc. in electrical and computer engineering from jimma university i need scholarship. if possible pease help me.

25. Abraham