The Beit Trust offers annually a number of Postgraduate Masters or PhD Scholarships abroad for studies or research to graduates who are domiciled in Malawi, Zambia or Zimbabwe (the beneficial area) Scholarships are taken up at a university in the United Kingdom, Ireland or South Africa, for study in a subject of the individual’s choice appropriate to the needs of the beneficial area.
‣ Duration is normally for a maximum of three years at the discretion of Trustees. In addition, shared awards for a taught Masters Degree are offered at Imperial College London, the University of Leeds (BL); at Rhodes University (BRU); at Stellenbosch University (BS) and at the University of Witwatersrand (BW).
To be eligible to receive 2016 Beit Trust Scholarships ,
‣ All applicants (except medical and veterinary doctors) must be under 30 years of age on 31 December of the year of application.
‣ Some experience of work after completion of a first degree is also desirable.
‣ Doctors and vets must be under 35 years of age on 31 December and should have completed 18 months of internship and preferably a one-year rural posting in the relevant country.
‣ Scholarships are taken up at a university in the United Kingdom, Ireland or South Africa, for study in a subject of the individual’s choice appropriate to the needs of the beneficial area.
Selection Criteria 2016 Beit Trust Scholarships
‣ Selection for Beit Trust Scholarships is highly competitive and only Postgraduates with at least a Merit (equivalent to a good 2.1 from a UK university) in their first degree are likely to succeed.
‣ The selectors favor practical and useful disciplines that are likely to offer a clear benefit to the benefited area.
‣ Because of their high cost, MBAs and PhDs are very seldom awarded in the UK, but a taught MBA at an established university in South Africa is acceptable.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Please complete and submit this initial application form to gain qualification for application to scholarships-at-beittrust.org.uk no later than 15 August 2015.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31st August annually.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.