2016 Canadian Government Doctoral Research Scholarships For Non-Canadian Citizens

Deadline: November 1st, 2015

The doctoral research scholarships program for international students (DE) of the Research Fund of Quebec – Nature and Technology (FRQNT) aims to stimulate international students’ interest in beginning or pursuing doctoral studies in Québec and provide financial support to leading international PhD candidates in the natural sciences, mathematics and engineering fields

Each year, the government of Canada offers doctoral research scholarships for international students. Scholarships are awarded for pursuing doctoral studies at Québec University in the natural sciences, mathematics and engineering fields. The maximum annual value of the scholarship is $20 000. The scholarship holder may also receive up to nine payments totaling $60 000 during the nine sessions or 36 months. Only students who have been pre selected by a Québec university may apply for these scholarships. Applicants must consult the deadlines of the universities for pre selection.

The applicant must meet the eligibility criteria in order to be considered for this 2016-2017 Canadian Government Doctoral Research Scholarships ,

Applicants must:

‣ Meet all eligibility criteria by the competition deadline on November 1st, 2015.

‣ Have been pre selected by a Québec University by September 30th, 2015.

‣ Not have obtained a merit scholarship for international students from the Ministry of Education, Recreation and Sports in Quebec or one of the Research Fund of Quebec.

‣ Not be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.

‣ Not have submitted an application for permanent residence under Canadian immigration laws.

Selection Criteria for 2016-2017 Canadian Government Doctoral Research Scholarships

‣ Applications are evaluated according the following criteria:

Applicant’s academic record
;

Applicant’s research skills and relevant research experience
;

Quality and scientific interest of the project and socioeconomic scope of the project, if applicable
;

Social involvement, leadership and communication skills

Notification for 2016-2017 Canadian Government Doctoral Research Scholarships

‣ The board of directors of the Fund will announce its decision electronically in late April, advising applicants directly via their e-files.

‣ Each applicant will be informed of his/her ranking and may print his/her announcement letter.

Scholarship covers: The maximum annual value of the doctoral research scholarship for international students is $20 000. During the eligibility period (nine sessions or 36 months), the scholarship holder may receive up to nine payments totaling $60 000. Each payment of up to $6 667 covers a period of four months or one session

Scholarship Application Method

‣ Only students who have been preselected by a Québec university may apply to the competition.

‣ University representatives who preselect applicants must fill out the applicant nomination form, which is available on the extranet site of the Fund.

‣ The form must be submitted electronically by September 30th, 2015, at 4 p.m. pre selected applicants will receive a personal identification number (PIN) and password and must then fill out an e-form.

‣ These forms must be filled out and submitted electronically by the competition deadline on November 1st, 2015, at midnight (Quebec time), by post or e-mail at pbeee-at-frq.gouv.qc.ca.

‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: Applicants must consult the deadlines of the universities for preselection. Submission to FRQNT of the applications recommended by universities: 30 September 2015. Applicants must send their complete files directly to the FRQNT by the competition deadline on November 1st, 2015.

‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website

‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship

For more Information about 2016-2017 Canadian Government Doctoral Research Scholarships

1. Nasraa Yousof

July 21, 2015 at 9:43 AM

My name Nasraa Yousof I live in Somalia and I want to study the Scolarship please contact me + 252634749550

2. Yadata Ahmednur

July 21, 2015 at 10:00 AM

my name is yadeta ahmednur from ethiopia and I want to study the scolarship so please contact me phone number +251933451818

3. Pauleen Banda

July 21, 2015 at 10:10 AM

My nam z pauleen banda,21years old…completed my high sku in 2011… Currently livn wit dad my parents separated 4 years ago..my life changed from then on its been a night mare….I did quite well n sku tho my maths is not dat good I saved as an entertainment perfect at sku but was involved in alot of different activities like debate,poetry,drama etc……. My dad z not one I cn rely on,he has made us sufer alot….my mum z wokn to but sh cnt afford to help out much u knw. Am currently looking for ways in which I cn get to apply for sku full tym scholarship n study medicine, clinical medicine, pharmacy, or be a physician any of that It’s indeed not bn easy Alot of gals of my age hav worsted their livs Getn sugar dadies for money Pregnancy But that’s not wat I wnt for my life Disease : I have to set a good example for my brother s : To enhance my spiritual growth, to further my studies : So a place lik china or Namibia wud do for me or evn any wher so lon I get helped : N I wana achieve my goals..please contact me on +260973552905

4. Basinza Lebon First

July 21, 2015 at 10:28 AM

An assistance please:lebonfirst@yahoo.fr

5. Yadata Ahmednur

July 21, 2015 at 10:39 AM

my name yadeta ahmednur from ethiopia,I want to study the scholarship so please contact me phone number +251933451818

6. Ugaaso Kaamil

July 21, 2015 at 10:42 AM

my name ugaasa kaamil i live in somalia esp puntland and i want to study the scholaeship and i very interested so please contact me 002520907607113

7. Abdirashid Ali

July 21, 2015 at 10:48 AM

Thank your deadline programme application . My Abdirashid Ali from Somalia Hargeisa . Iam so exciting this scholarship . Join me . Thanks u 00252634577453 0025279820644 Cabdirashiid12319@gmail.com

8. Sadam Hayu

July 21, 2015 at 10:54 AM

my name is hussen hayu i live in ethiopia afar i want to study the scholarship me very interested pls my adress sadamhayu80@gmail.com

9. Ali Mohamed Ziad

July 21, 2015 at 11:23 AM

My name Ali Mohamed ziad I live in Capital Somalia I want to study scholarship very interested me plz contact me My adder Aloore115@Hotmail. Com or my number 00252615588544 thank you

10. Aregawi Fiseha

July 22, 2015 at 6:32 PM

thank you for inviting such an opportunity.I am called AREGAWI FISSEHA from Ethiopia i have Bsc degree by CIVIL engineering@july2/2015.just am eager to study more in such related fields.pls contact me by 0932091266 or wedii.keshii.9@facebook.com

11. serawit tekle

July 23, 2015 at 9:38 AM

my name id serawit tekle interte those scholar from ethiopia graduated in civil engineering phone no. 251912746309

12. ahmed ibraahim essa

July 23, 2015 at 11:17 AM

my name is ahmed ibraahim essa i want to study scholarship so iam requesting you so I want you to accept my application so contact me ahmedibraahin@gmail.com or my phone 00252634601844

13. saddam Abdi Adar

July 24, 2015 at 9:09 AM

Hello sir i want this scholarship my name is saddam Abdi Adar Iam ehiopian My phone number is 0915468875 my email saddamabdiadar@gmail.com Thanks To All

14. saddam Abdi Adar

July 24, 2015 at 9:23 AM

Hello sir i want this scholarship my name is saddam Abdi Adar Iam ehiopian My phone number is +251915468875 my email saddamabdiadar@gmail.com Thanks To All

15. Lojia John Taban

July 24, 2015 at 9:52 AM

iam a south sudanese and iam interested in that program contact me on +211955813214

16. mohamed abdinasir

July 25, 2015 at 3:16 PM

my name is Mohamed I live in Ethiopia I have a wish full interest that I will get this scholarship so plz I am requesting you to accept my application form thanks and contact me on e-mail:mohamedabdinasir43@gmail.com