Deadline: November 1st, 2015
The doctoral research scholarships program for international students (DE) of the Research Fund of Quebec – Nature and Technology (FRQNT) aims to stimulate international students’ interest in beginning or pursuing doctoral studies in Québec and provide financial support to leading international PhD candidates in the natural sciences, mathematics and engineering fields
Each year, the government of Canada offers doctoral research scholarships for international students. Scholarships are awarded for pursuing doctoral studies at Québec University in the natural sciences, mathematics and engineering fields. The maximum annual value of the scholarship is $20 000. The scholarship holder may also receive up to nine payments totaling $60 000 during the nine sessions or 36 months. Only students who have been pre selected by a Québec university may apply for these scholarships. Applicants must consult the deadlines of the universities for pre selection.
The applicant must meet the eligibility criteria in order to be considered for this 2016-2017 Canadian Government Doctoral Research Scholarships ,
‣ Meet all eligibility criteria by the competition deadline on November 1st, 2015.
‣ Have been pre selected by a Québec University by September 30th, 2015.
‣ Not have obtained a merit scholarship for international students from the Ministry of Education, Recreation and Sports in Quebec or one of the Research Fund of Quebec.
‣ Not be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
‣ Not have submitted an application for permanent residence under Canadian immigration laws.
Selection Criteria for 2016-2017 Canadian Government Doctoral Research Scholarships
‣ Applications are evaluated according the following criteria:
Applicant’s academic record ;
Applicant’s research skills and relevant research experience ;
Quality and scientific interest of the project and socioeconomic scope of the project, if applicable ;
Social involvement, leadership and communication skills
Notification for 2016-2017 Canadian Government Doctoral Research Scholarships
‣ The board of directors of the Fund will announce its decision electronically in late April, advising applicants directly via their e-files.
‣ Each applicant will be informed of his/her ranking and may print his/her announcement letter.
Scholarship covers: The maximum annual value of the doctoral research scholarship for international students is $20 000. During the eligibility period (nine sessions or 36 months), the scholarship holder may receive up to nine payments totaling $60 000. Each payment of up to $6 667 covers a period of four months or one session
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Only students who have been preselected by a Québec university may apply to the competition.
‣ University representatives who preselect applicants must fill out the applicant nomination form, which is available on the extranet site of the Fund.
‣ The form must be submitted electronically by September 30th, 2015, at 4 p.m. pre selected applicants will receive a personal identification number (PIN) and password and must then fill out an e-form.
‣ These forms must be filled out and submitted electronically by the competition deadline on November 1st, 2015, at midnight (Quebec time), by post or e-mail at pbeee-at-frq.gouv.qc.ca.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: Applicants must consult the deadlines of the universities for preselection. Submission to FRQNT of the applications recommended by universities: 30 September 2015. Applicants must send their complete files directly to the FRQNT by the competition deadline on November 1st, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship