Deadline: March 15 2016
The Faculty of science of the University of Geneva is an internationally top-ranked scientific institution covering a broad range of scientific disciplines: Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Earth Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Physics.
It has a strong focus on research and hosts three National Centres of Competence in Research of the highly competitive Swiss National Science Foundation (Frontiers in Genetics; MaNEP; Chemical Biology) and many European collaborative research projects.
The Masters of the Faculty of Science constitute an ideal entry for high-level professional and academic careers.
Field(s): Fellowships are awarded in any discipline available within the Faculty of science. They cover a broad range of scientific disciplines: Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Prehistoric Archaeology, Geology, Environmental Science, Pharmacy, Neuroscience and Proteomics and Bioinformatics
Application for 2016 University of Geneva Excellence Master Fellowships is open to students from any university with very good performance in their studies (belonging to the best 10% of their bachelor’s program) and that have completed the Bachelor degree or expect to complete it within 6 months.
Selection Criteria for 2016 University of Geneva Excellence Master Fellowships
‣ Selection of the applicants will be based on excellence.
‣ Evaluation will be made on the basis of the documentation sent by the applicants.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications should be sent as an unique pdf file by e-mail to the Dean of the Faculty of Science: Excellence-Master-Sciences-at-unige.ch. The application (in English or French) consists of:
A Curriculum Vitae including the transcript of exams passed during the bachelor education, with grades.
A two-page essay in which the applicant describes his/her specific scientific interests, specifies the Master’s program at the Faculty of Science he/her would like to pursue, and motivates the intention to pursue a Master of Science programme at the University of Geneva.
If possible: Letters of references from two professors (preferably sent by them directly to the e-mail address indicated below). They should specifically attest if the candidate fulfills the conditions of the Excellence Fellowship Program.
Any other pertinent information like results of GRE (General requirement examination), of TOEFL or other language test.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15 March 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.