International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) are funded by the Australian Government and awarded to international candidates on the basis of academic merit and research potential.

An IPRS will cover your tuition fees and your Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), and provide a stipend (living allowance), but will not pay for travel expenses. A thesis allowance is funded to cover the cost of printing and binding the thesis.

Benefits and conditions

Applicants must read the IPRS scholarship benefits and conditions before signing the declaration at the bottom of the application form. These conditions apply to all people who accept offers from the University of South Australia for the IPRS or UniSA President’s scholarship.

Australian applicants

Scholarships are available to support students enrolling in the University’s areas of research concentration and research strength.

You may wish to refer to the Research Degrees Scholarship Allocation Guidelines: Competitive Commonwealth and University of South Australia funded scholarships (PDF file, 80KB).

Main criteria

• Generally an applicant must have first-class Honours or equivalent to gain a scholarship at the University of South Australia.
  • Scholarships are awarded on the basis that the candidate will be studying full-time. In some cases, candidates can apply to receive scholarships on a part-time basis if there are compelling social reasons (eg the need to provide full-time care of children, disabled, sick, injured or elderly). The need to undertake part- or full-time work is not considered a compelling social reason.

Awards will not be made to persons who

• are in receipt of an equivalent major award or scholarship or salary from any other source, other than approved supplementary scholarships of lesser value, or remuneration for approved part-time employment
  • have completed a PhD degree or equivalent
  • have completed a Masters degree or equivalent unless commencing a PhD

See also Student eligibility requirements: Australian Postgraduate Awards (APA), 2.10.1 – Commonwealth Scholarships Guidelines (Research).

International applicants

Scholarships are available to support students enrolling in areas of research concentration and research strength.

Main criteria

• An awardee must be enrolled on a full-time basis as a candidate for a Masters by Research or PhD at the University of South Australia.
  • An awardee shall be enrolled as an internal candidate at the University of South Australia.

Awards will not be made to persons who

• have completed a PhD degree or equivalent
  • have completed a Masters degree or equivalent unless commencing a PhD
  • seek to undertake paid employment on a full-time or substantial part-time basis.

Value

At least $25,849 per annum for 3 years, with the possibility of one six-month extension (2015 stipend rate)

Enquiries

Graduate Research Team
Tel: +61 8 8302 5880
Fax: +61 8 8302 0828
Email: research.degrees@unisa.edu.au

Closing dates

31 August (to commence in following year)

How to apply

Apply online

Click here for more information

1. Michael Negash

July 20, 2015 at 1:46 PM

hy my name is Taera Negash from ethiopia i need study scholarship in australia i have colege diploma , so please contact me ,in my phone number: +251915873540 or email at abina2@yahoo.com.

2. Drs Nuura Luck

July 20, 2015 at 5:12 PM

hi my name is noora hussein osman Ilive in somalia lneed scholar ship pleas contect me my te: 00252634247318 or gmail : nuuralaki22@gmail.com

3. Girma Wogie

July 20, 2015 at 5:27 PM

4. Girma Wogie

July 20, 2015 at 5:36 PM

Hello, my name is Girma Wogie from Ethiopia. I am BSC midwifery in proffession and graduated from university of Gondar in 2012 GC. currently i am working at wollo university as an assistant lecturer. I am interested to learn my MSC in any health and related fields in your institution. If i got the chance please contact me with the following adress.phone number +251912437878 and email wogiegirma@gmail.com. Thank you .

5. Mamme True Man

July 20, 2015 at 6:32 PM

My name is mohammed i want to study in south australia universty ples contact me +251913958304 thanks

6. Mahran Bintu Sahra

July 20, 2015 at 7:26 PM

My Name Hoddo Mahamed Abdilaahi, I finished my secondary school,I need this scholarship please contact with me:-25633683030 and Hoodo167@hotmail.com.

7. فرحان يوسف

July 20, 2015 at 7:41 PM

May name farhan yousuf ilive in ethiopia igraduated the field of clinicalpharmacy of degree program iam proud to join this golden opportunity

8. Nimpagaritse Fabrice Gitega

July 20, 2015 at 8:42 PM

Yes I Need It +25779120581

9. Nebyu Forisido

July 20, 2015 at 9:33 PM

My name is NEBIYU FORSIDO fromÉthiopia i want join ur univ if i gat ur voilataret of u contact me 251912855413

10. Aadan Cali

July 20, 2015 at 9:34 PM

My name is adem ali alive somaliland particularly hargesia lam medical student so l went that scholarship please contact me 0025634733393 or 0025659085795

11. FANTA SEKOU CAMARA

July 20, 2015 at 11:21 PM

I am from guinea Conakry please i would like be among those who will be selected I don’t want to miss this opportunity i hope that you will give Me good response thank you for your information

12. Dem Yamundow

July 21, 2015 at 12:56 AM

My name is Yamundow Dem I live in the Gambia, I completed my school now am seeking for a scholarships in South Australia university for my HND in software engineering, please you can contact me on 002209884956 / 002203137730. Or yamundowdemsey@yahoo.com, please help me am very much interested. Thanks

13. Mugabi Kabiito Gyav

July 21, 2015 at 2:40 AM

Hello am Mugabi Gyaviira from Uganda,i have a BSc education(physics/maths). i would lyk to persue Msc in physics.please contact me via mugabigyaviira25@yahoo.com

14. eshetie

July 21, 2015 at 6:35 PM

i have first degree in water resource and irrigation management 3.08GPA.please contact me +251-914822679

15. jamaal moh,ed hashi

July 21, 2015 at 6:52 PM

my name is jamal mohe,d hashi an i live in somalia particularly hargiesa an i need scholarship in south austarlia please contact me 0025634109304 or 002569921256 thanks alot

16. Abdinur mohamed Ali

July 21, 2015 at 7:10 PM

hi my name is noora hussein osman Ilive in somalia lneed scholar ship pleas contect me my Email ugaaska166@hotmail.com tell: +252615199852

17. Haile.Tesfaye

July 21, 2015 at 7:25 PM

My name is haile Tesfaye i Have Bsc. degree by Post harvest management from one of known university in Ethiopia (Jimma university ) with very good result i was graduated June 2013 , i want to thanks your organization to give me this opportunity to apply.i hope that you consider my application i have deep interest to pursue my education in this area which is very important in post harvest los reduction that can be contribute for food security in developing countries thank you very much

18. ABDIRIZAAK AWIL MOHAMUD

July 21, 2015 at 7:41 PM

M Y NAME ABDIRIZAAK ILIVE SOOMAALIYA SPEALY RIOGION FO BARI IN XAAFUUN

19. ABDIRIZAAK AWIL MOHAMUD

July 21, 2015 at 7:44 PM

MY NAME ABDIRZAAK I GRUATE MY SHOOL AND I NEED THIS UNIVERSITY OF ILIVE SOOMAALIYA AND I NEED TO HELP ME CONTACT ME +2520907022116

20. sang edwin

July 21, 2015 at 9:43 PM

I am edwin sang from kenya and just completed my undergraduate degree from univ of Eldoret and pursued Bsc.Microbiology.Am interested in your fantastic scholarship for my maters. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you. You can reach me via 0715308003

21. Gibril

July 22, 2015 at 2:36 AM

Hello my name is Gibril from Gambia I want to study and further my education in South Australia please contact me +2206842588.

22. Yeshitla Endalkachew

July 22, 2015 at 5:46 AM

am very interested to apply in MSc program in ECONOMICS in your institution and am graduated from University of Hawassa, Ethiopia, 2014 with cumulative G.P.A of 3.61

23. Biwott koech

July 22, 2015 at 9:20 AM

Hae, am a Kenyan i finished my secondary education last year and i would like to join your campus through a scholarship program. Kindly notify me if i can get one

24. Biwott koech

July 22, 2015 at 9:25 AM

Hae, am a Kenyan i finished my secondary education last year and i would like to join your campus through a scholarship program. Kindly notify me if i can get a chance. Get to me through bewhatevehans@gmail.com

25. Mumin Hussein Ali

July 22, 2015 at 11:54 AM

very nice i hope it

26. Mumin Hussein Ali

July 22, 2015 at 11:58 AM

very nice i am seeking master’s degree of public health

27. Abdulrazak Nur Dirshe

July 22, 2015 at 2:53 PM

Hi My name’s Abdulrazak Nur Dirshe i live in Somalia i have my first degree in nursing science & midwifery i am looking for post graduate study now i need scholarship in University of South Australia. Thanks.

28. BUBACARR SIDIBEH

July 22, 2015 at 6:08 PM

HI SIR/MADAM, MY NAME IS BUBACARR SIDIBEH FROM AFRICA THE GAMBIA,I FINISED MY SCHOOLING IN THE YEAR 2011 AND WENT TO FURTHER MY EDUCATION FOR THREE SUMMERS AND ALSO HAD A STUDIES ON ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION FOR ONE COMPLETE YEAR AND HAD MY CERTIFICATE. NOW I WANT TO HAVE MY DIPLOMAT AND DEGREE WITH YOUR SCHOOL. THANKZ

29. kidist alemu

July 22, 2015 at 9:43 PM

iwould love if i get the chance

30. Majid Abdulaziz

July 23, 2015 at 7:02 AM

Hi my name is abdulaziz i am in ethiopia i copmleted my shool now i hope to get your scholarship plz plz contect me my 251928165665 or kingAbdulaziz11@hotmail.com

31. Mohamed Bashir Salad

July 23, 2015 at 7:27 AM

My name Mohamed Bashir Salad lives in Somali i have Beachlor of Ecnomic i will like to leaarn 2016 University Of South Australia International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) pls contact me ibnibashir123@gmail.com 252615284487

32. saddam Abdi Adar

July 24, 2015 at 9:03 AM

33. saddam Abdi Adar

July 24, 2015 at 9:07 AM

Hello sir i want this scholarship my name is saddam Abdi Adar Iam ehiopian My phone number is 0915468875 my email saddamabdiadar@gmail.com Thanks To All

34. mohamed

July 25, 2015 at 5:08 PM

i want to accespt free schoolership and i live in soomaalia and my number is +252907560201

35. kader abdilahi haye

July 28, 2015 at 3:04 PM

iam very interesting this chance if i get iam happy

36. kader abdilahi

July 30, 2015 at 2:35 PM

please contact me my phone number 00252634002263

37. saddam Abdi Adar

August 6, 2015 at 2:54 PM

Hello iam ethiopian student i need this scholarship my name is saddam Abdi adar my Email address saddamabdiadar@gmail.com Thankz To All

38. abdullahi ali mohamed

August 9, 2015 at 7:56 PM

my name is abdullahi ali mohamed from somalia i am very happy to get this schollership so pleas contacat on me this nomber253616536867 my email is dalnuurshe.aam@gmail.com

39. Girmamoges Wudu Ambaw

August 12, 2015 at 11:59 AM

I am school director & graduates in leader ship department in Gondar college of teacher education from Ethiopia and am glad to apply and join scholarship so please contact me +251937391308 or +251913437683

40. saddam Abdi Adar

August 13, 2015 at 9:14 AM

Hello iam ethiopian student i need this scholarship my name is saddam Abdi adar my phone number +251915468875 my Email address saddamabdiadar@gmail.com Thankz To All