2016 WAAW Foundation Scholarship For Undergraduate African Female Students

2016 WAAW Foundation Scholarship For Undergraduate African Female Students

2016 WAAW Foundation Scholarship For Undergraduate African Female Students

WAAW Foundation  2016  scholarship applications will open on August 1, 2015.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

WAAW foundation’s annual scholarship initiative is aimed at supporting need based African female STEM-focused college education. Please read the eligibility criteria before you apply. All non qualifying applications will be automatically deleted! Criteria for eligibility includes:

• Female students of African origin, living and studying in Africa.
  • Currently enrolled in undergraduate B.S.degree program.
  • Studying STEM related courses in a University or college in Africa.
  • Demonstrable financial need, and
  • Excellent Academic Record.
  • Below the age of 32 years.
  • Graduation date is after December of award year

Please note that we do not fund graduate (masters, MBA or Phd) programs, second or subsequent degrees, students older than 32 years, non-STEM focused courses or Diploma degrees. There no NO EXCEPTIONS to these requirments.

WAAW Foundation awards annual scholarships to students who demonstrate need and prove their status as full time students in a STEM related course in an African University. Recipients will be required to start aSTEM Outreach Cell at their university.

HOW TO APPLY

Your application will include the following:

• Application form filled out completely. We will only accept online applications this year. NO PAPER APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED*.
  • Personal and Contact Information.
  • Educational background and Family Information.
  • Statement of need should describe why scholarship funds are needed and what the funds will be used for if received.
  • Essays are a strong criteria in determining candidates who are short listed. Responses to essay questions that address career goals and how you expect the WAAW scholarship will assist in your education. Please have you essay responses ready before you begin the application.
      1. In 500 words or less, please write an essay on your future career goals and how you expect the WAAW foundation scholarship will assist in fulfilling those goals.
      2. In 300 words or less, please describe what you believe about female education in Africa and its impact on research, development or advancement in African economies.
      3. Describe in ten or less sentences why you need a scholarship. Tell us about your need or personal/family/financial situation and how the funds from WAAW scholarship will assist your education and/or career plans.
  • Two academic/professional references. Note recommendations and transcripts ARE NOT REQUIRED AT THIS TIME. ONLY after a candidate has been shortlisted.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION

Please complete all sections of the application form and submit all required materials to WAAW foundation by the deadline. Application may be completed online. Click Here to Begin your application.

For further information or inquiries please email:
scholarship@waawfoundation.org

Please do not email inquiries until you have reviewed all the requirements above,  including the list of accepted and unaccepted course in the FAQ link above.

ONLY Shortlisted candidates will be required to send the following additional items in order to complete this process.

• 2 references; one MUST be written by a professor from your institution of study and the other from an academic supervisor/advisor or mentor. Reference forms should be downloaded from 2015_ScholarshipReferenceLetter and emailed to references@waawfoundation.org
  • A copy of a current signed and sealed transcript from your University to be emailed to transcripts@waawfoundation.org, faxed to 1.888.519.4269 or to be mailed to:
    WAAW Foundation Scholarship Committee
    P.O. Box 1691, Wylie. Texas 75098.
    *Scanned copies of original transcripts may be emailed to transcripts@waawfoundation.org.
  • A copy of the student’s School identity card must be scanned and emailed to u

1. Mohamed Ali mohamed

July 9, 2015 at 1:25 PM

My full name is mohamed ali mohamed i live in somalia ihaven’t money to study university becouse my family is a boor family i want to scholarship plz help me and so contact my phone numbar 00252634217778

2. Haddy Cham

July 19, 2015 at 9:02 PM

Hello i am haddy cham from gambia i am a women and i need this scholaship please you can contact me on this number +3999409

3. Meri Tesfaye

July 19, 2015 at 9:54 PM

hey am ethioan i need spport schoarship

4. Omoyosola Lawal

July 19, 2015 at 10:09 PM

Am lawal oluwatosin frm Nigeria,am a female,i want this scholarship plz contact me +2347069209402.thank u

5. Shimals Kebede

July 19, 2015 at 11:10 PM

My mane Shimals kebede from Ethiopia i want to this Scholarship so p/z cantact to me by phone number 2510910965791

6. Sharaf Cabdullaahi

July 20, 2015 at 3:10 AM

My name sharaf ilive in somalia ilike scholarship please contact me +252617312587

7. Pro Ameerica London Kaafiya

July 20, 2015 at 4:03 AM

My Name Is Mariama Mahamoud Aw Ali Artan It’s My Interest To Have This Scholarship I Have Completed Science High School In Sheikh Ibrahim Secondary Burao S/land I Would Like To Apply And Join To This University If It’s Full Scholarship Please Contact Me 00252634207605 Or 00252659307138 Or Email Mma_Kaafiya@Hotmail.Com Thanks

8. Muniira Amiin

July 20, 2015 at 5:30 AM

Muniira nour amiin from somalia ,am female and I want this opportunity of scholarship plz contact me with my phone 2520633629430

9. Amy Musa

July 20, 2015 at 2:46 PM

My name is Amal Mustafa from Somalia i want to apply this scholarship contact me (+252634057070)

10. Bonang Mopholoswa Mary Motjetje

July 20, 2015 at 5:49 PM

hey am Mary from Lesotho. am a Female and I really need this scholarhip

11. Sahra Cabdiqaadir Cisman

July 21, 2015 at 3:54 AM

Hi sir/madem may name sahra Abdiqaadir osmanI live in somaliland specialy hargeisa I very prefer to go abroad education how ever mayfamily don’t have enoughtmoney to spend me please and please accept may request how to take part this apporatuanate becouse I finished may secondry school 2012 althought I enter college but I don’t idmire this career is bussiness becouse my hoppy is to be doctor or engineer .of I come down the education of female is the back bord of live as you know Iam very happy how sopport the female studen special african’s ,all in all a Iam very prefer to go abroad education please and please respect me may request .if I get this apportuanity please contact me may mobile phone 252634836332

12. aida issac

July 21, 2015 at 9:44 AM

my name is Aida Issac and i am from Eritrea . i have degree on public health . i want to join this scholar ship to study so please contact me by my Facebook address aida issac@yahoo.com

13. aida issac

July 21, 2015 at 9:48 AM

my name is Aida Issac,i am from Eritrea .i have degree on public health .i really want to join this scholar ship to study and continue pharmacy because i like this career so please help me to join this scholar ship .contact me by ma Facebook address aida issac@yahoo.com

14. adia issac

July 21, 2015 at 9:56 AM

my name is Aida Issac i am from Eritrea . i have degree on public health . i really want to join this scholar ship to study pharmacy so please contact me by ma Facebook address aida issac@yahoo.com