2016/2017 RAU African Land & Food Fellowship For Sub Sahara African Citizens

2016/2017 RAU African Land & Food Fellowship For Sub Sahara African Citizens

Deadline: 31st October 2015

Nationals from sub-Saharan Africa are invited to apply for a Fellowship. In order to help you focus on the main objectives of the programme, we are introducing a two-stage process; Expressions of interest (EOI), followed by an invitation to apply to the Royal Agricultural University (and other possible funders).

Target Group: Fellowships are open to Africans from Sub-Saharan Africa who have experience in agriculture, agri-business, food or natural resource management; an interest in land reform; and a desire to make a strategic and sustainable contribution to Africa’s development. In short, tomorrow’s innovators and leaders.

Scholarship Benefits

Scholarships cover tuition fees, board and accommodation, flights to and from the UK, provision for networking and a short industrial placement either in Africa or in the UK. Scholarships also cover incidental costs whilst in the UK and on placement; however, applicants are advised that funding does not include provision for home and family costs. Furthermore, Fellows are expected to return to their own countries following their UK studies to complete their programme and ‘begin to make a difference’.

Applicants are invited to express their interest in the Fellowship programme (EOI) by completing a shortened application form consisting of a short CV and a response to two key development questions. In this EOI we are particularly interested to hear about the development challenges facing your community or business sector and would like to know how you think you could make a difference when you return home after completing the Fellowship programme.

Download the Expression of Interest form.

This EOI should be e-mailed to African.Fellowshipapplications@rau.ac.uk.

During September we will review EOI’s and advise applicants if they have been long-listed for funding and the deadlines for full applications. For those who are unsuccessful at this stage, we will identify possible other sources of funding and invite you to apply as an African Scholar using the normal on-line application forms for your preferred course(s).

How To Apply

Those long-listed from the submitted EOI’s will be sent a Fellowship application form to complete along with forms for Referees.

If you have submitted your EOI by e-mail, we will send forms back to the e-mail used; if you have posted the EOI then we will also send you the application forms by post.

All applicants long-listed from their EOI’s should apply by e-mail attaching the relevant forms to the Royal Agricultural University by the deadline of the 31st October 2015. These should then be submitted electronically to African.Fellowshipapplications@rau.ac.uk or posted to the address specified on the forms.

If you are experiencing difficulties in submitting forms, you can call Admissions on
+44(0)1285 889 912, or email admissions@rau.ac.uk quoting African Fellowship in the subject line.

Once we have received your application, we will draw up a short-list of those we wish to offer a place tosubject to funding for the course you have selected. Applicants who have been shortlisted for funding will be informed by the end of November in writing. For those who are unsuccessful we may be able to identify other possible other sources of funding and invite you to apply as an African Scholar using the normal on-line application forms for your preferred course(s)

We recommend you keep a copy of the completed forms for your records.

Official website

1. Stebbin k muzyamba

July 7, 2015 at 4:45 PM

I would really like to study agriculture but i dont know how apply!can someone help me how to do it!please im in need of scholarship.

2. ASHENAFI GETACHEW

July 7, 2015 at 8:55 PM

GRATULAT BY ICT-LEVEL-4 i HAVE 3 YEARS TEACHING EXPERIANC

3. Mohamed Ali mohamed

July 9, 2015 at 1:16 PM

My name full is mohamed ali mohamed i live in somalia i haven’t money to study the all universty of somalia becouse my famaliy is boor really i need to sholarship becouse i want to maneg my live and family i really i need to study agriculture plz help me and so contact my phone number 252634217778

4. Muzayen Sheko

July 10, 2015 at 11:00 AM

My name full is Muzayen Sheko Hassen i live in Ethiopia I have Bsc degree in Natural Resource Management. I have to study masters but I haven’t money to study in all university of Ethiopia because my family is poor really i need to sholarship because i want to manage my live and family and my country i really i need to study agriculture plz help me and so contact my phone number +251945795912 and e-mail adress muzayens9@gmail.com

5. medhanie yohannes haile

August 22, 2015 at 10:04 AM

6. medhanie yohannes haile

August 22, 2015 at 10:05 AM

my name is Medhanie Yohannes Haile i live in eritrea i want leaner master computer engineer and IT i haven’t money my family was poor

7. medhanie yohannes haile

August 22, 2015 at 10:11 AM

i need computer engineer and it learning

September 8, 2015 at 7:32 AM

i wann to learn polotical sience cos i hav first degree in law

9. Abuyu Yibabie

September 19, 2015 at 4:13 PM

Notify me if there is another scholars.

10. Tarekegn Gebrehiwot

September 21, 2015 at 9:52 AM

my name is Tarekegn Gebrehiwot i have Bsc degree in Forestry

11. Nkurunziza Adélard

October 10, 2015 at 8:07 PM

my name is Adélard Nkurunziza I am burundian and i study in terminal of secondary school and i want some one to help me in order that i should try to study at university! my phone number is +25779474607 i thank you for understanding!

November 3, 2015 at 8:20 AM

First Of all i would like tnx USA. MY Name Is Gebre Kidan Mekbib from Ethiopia.I’m 4th year water resource & irrigation engineering student in Bahir Dar University. I Want to learn one year& i want to see my tallent for your country and to do hard working my own dep.t.please contact to me by +251935698860.

13. Bugingo Collins

January 17, 2016 at 10:11 AM

A holder of a diploma in crop pro and management now upgrading in agriculture and rural innovation in my final year at makerere university! Don’t hesitatel me to any Msc fellowship or internship wef June 2016.

14. Bugingo Collins

January 17, 2016 at 10:13 AM

A holder of a diploma in crop production and management now upgrading in agriculture and rural innovation in my final year at makerere university! Don’t hesitatel me to any Msc fellowship or internship wef June 2016.

15. Krista

June 4, 2016 at 5:51 PM

The hotels private beach hass lots of loungers and parasols.

• kinfe girma

September 29, 2016 at 7:09 PM

I’m 5th year medical student,i want to study internal medicine

16. Ezana

July 17, 2016 at 2:23 PM

subscribing

17. Darara wolteji lemu

July 20, 2016 at 11:23 AM

I graduated Bsc WRIE engineering my wish is masters in this department & relative good chance

18. yonas fesehaye

August 24, 2016 at 2:14 PM

i am hydraulics engineering student.i want to study architechural eng.my phon +251946937235,e-mail yonasfesehaye22@gmail.com