Apply For 2015 New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships
Deadline: July 15 2015
The NZIDRS provides full tuition fees plus a living stipend for up to 36 months for international students to undertake PhD study at a New Zealand university. The NZIDRS are funded by the New Zealand Government and administered by Education New Zealand.
Value of the Scholarship
The NZIDRS covers:
- New Zealand University tuition fees and associated student levies for 3 years
- An annual living stipend of NZ$25,000 per year for three years (NZ$2083.33 per month for 36 months)
- Medical insurance coverage up to NZ$600 annually for 3 years
Recipients can undertake PhD study in any discipline.
Recipients can undertake PhD study at any of New Zealand’s eight Universities:
AUT University, Lincoln University, Massey University, University of Auckland, University of Canterbury, University of Otago, University of Waikato, Victoria University of Wellington.
You must meet ALL five eligibility criteria. These criteria are non-negotiable.
- You can be a citizen of any country except New Zealand, Australia or Fiji
- You must hold a minimum equivalent GPA of 3.6/4.0 OR an A to A+ average in your most recent or highest post graduate tertiary qualification
- You must conduct your PhD study in New Zealand (not from a distance)
- You must meet the requirements for direct entry into a PhD programme at a New Zealand University :this includes having completed the required academic qualifications for direct entry and meeting the requirements for English language proficiency
- If you have commenced your PhD studies in New Zealand, your start date must be after 15 January 2015
Applications that are ineligible, incomplete, or do not meet the selection criteria cannot be considered under any circumstances.
DO NOT APPLY for the NZIDRS if you do not meet ALL eligibility criteria
DO NOT APPLY for the NZIDRS if you cannot provide ALL required documents by 15 July 2015
DO NOT APPLY for the NZIDRS if your proposed research does not clearly align with the selection criteria
How To Apply
- Download and complete an NZIDRS Application Form (available below)
- Answer all questions by completing all fields and submit your form along with ALL required documents to Education New Zealand by 15 July 2015.
NZIDRS 2015 Application Form
NZIDRS 2015 Referee Letter and Report
NZIDRS 2015 Provisional Supervision Form
NZIDRS 2015 Terms and Conditions
NZIDRS 2015 Eligibility Checklist
NZIDRS 2015 Required Document Checklist
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org