Apply For 2015 Wallace Invitational for Scholarships in Engineering (WISE)

Apply For 2015 Wallace Invitational for Scholarships in Engineering (WISE)

The 2015 WISE application will open on August 15, 2015.

This competition is made possible by the generosity of the late Dwane & Velma Wallace. They left a legacy at the WSU College of Engineering spanning more than 35 years.

When is WISE?

High school seniors can compete for TEN Wallace scholarships on November 20, 2015.

What is WISE?

The Wallace Invitational for Scholarships in Engineering (WISE) is an exciting competition held each Fall for high school seniors interested in studying engineering at WSU. Ten (10) $20,000 scholarships are awarded based on GPA, ACT Math and ACT Composite scores, and results of the hands-on competition consisting of a group design challenge and a written essay. Come join the College of Engineering for the WISE competition and have an opportunity to visit with engineering faculty and students and take a tour of our innovative laboratories and facilities.

• Have a minimum high school 3.50 GPA
  •  Have a minimum 24 ACT Composite score.
  • Declare a major in engineering – aerospace, biomedical engineering, computer, computer science, electrical, industrial, manufacturing, mechanical, engineering technology or deciding engineering.

What can I expect at WISE?

WISE is an all-day event from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The main testing for the scholarship is in the morning, followed by lunch and and ending with engineering laboratories and facilties tours in the afternoon.

• CHALLENGING COMPETITION At the competition students are judged on their team work, critical thinking and reasoning skills. The main event is a hands-on team project with an individual essay response to the project.
  • LUNCH WITH FACULTY Our faculty want to meet you! Professors from every department and program will be on hand to answer questions you have about degrees, careers, internships and more.
  • PARENT SESSION Parents will have a special session during the competition. They will hear from the parents of current WSU engineering students and Financial Aid, as well as get information on the college transition.
  • GUIDED TOURS All guests are invited to tour our engineering facilities and laboratories. Tours start after lunch and will continue until 2 pm.

How do I apply?

High school seniors interested in competing must complete the following:

• Apply for admission and be admitted to WSU by October 15, 2015.
  • Complete and submit the WISE application by November 1. (Before beginning the WISE application, please note this application requires you to upload your resume. We encourage you to complete your resume prior to the beginning your application in either a PDF format.)
  • The 2015 WISE application will open on August 15, 2015.

Scholarship Official Website

1. AMKA KABORI Grace

July 9, 2015 at 11:20 AM

I Agree!

• Ebrahim Mohammed Umer

November 11, 2015 at 1:41 PM

My name is Ebrahim mohammed from ethiopia and i’m 22 years old as wel as i’m 5th year university student in Textile engineering. So I want to get this scholarship chance plz help me my email address is: ibroilli2@mail.com and my phone no is:+251915140634.

2. birukguye

July 9, 2015 at 12:45 PM

help scholaraship

3. wezi banda

July 9, 2015 at 1:17 PM

am a zambian aged 20 i completed in 2013 and it has been my dream to study biomedical engineering but the problem is that we dont have any university which offer that course here in my country and am interested in applying for the scholarship…

4. KINYALA CHRIS

July 9, 2015 at 5:23 PM

I’m from northern part of uganda i want to apply for your schorlership but don’t know were to start from,i sat in 2012

5. Tsegaye Yilma

July 9, 2015 at 5:58 PM

Hi Dear/Sir, Am Tsegaye Yilma living in A.A(Ethiopia); I have z Diploma by Mechanics and maintenance engineering from (Sewedish Philadelphia technical college) at my home town Ethiopia. The College it was none profit/ it’s philanthropist… So Dear/Sir; please & help want getting ur (ful & free scholarship) joining and studing in ur University in z filed of engineering…!!! if u need my more info… Gmail = naodyilma55@gmail.com Facebook=nahod.yilma@facebook.com Cell No. = +251-911458955 Thank you ur cooperative too…!!! With best and great regarding.

6. KINYALA CHRIS

July 10, 2015 at 6:05 AM

KINYALA CHRIS HERE IS MY CONTACT,+211927588529, i have certificate in btilding contraction so eager to apply for ur sch

7. Mohamud

July 10, 2015 at 9:08 AM

My name is mohamud osman i live in somalia i completed diploma of bba i wld like to join wise unv my no +252907715279 or my email shrlw6244@gmail.com

• fodrick malunga

October 4, 2015 at 7:03 PM

Hello sir/madam am very much delighted more especially when i got a guaranteed student from senior level am seeking fot further studies therefore kindly coincided me to pursued higher education besides this no.. 265884962549 please i need your help.

8. Aderajew

July 10, 2015 at 7:36 PM

I need this opportunity. I am a3rd year student in electrical and computer engineering

9. belay giduma

August 4, 2015 at 3:20 AM

I graduated by civil engineering so I need this opportunity

10. samuel tadesse

August 7, 2015 at 10:04 AM

I am from Ethiopia now I am studying biomedical engineering I want to study my masters abroad. can u help me pls.

11. samuel tadesse

August 7, 2015 at 10:04 AM

12. nsabimana pascal

August 7, 2015 at 8:26 PM

my name is pascal from Burundi.am studying pharmaceutical science but i liked so much to study bio medical.when i get that chance through scholarships from you i ‘ll be glad.my e mail is nsabipascal9@gmail.com.

13. bikila mokonnin

August 8, 2015 at 12:35 PM

hello dear/ sir my name is Bikila Mokonnin I have bsc in civil engineering I have graduated from Aksum university tigrai Ethiopia I went to learn structural engineering when I get the chance you can contact me by phone 0915923923 E-mail Bikila.Mekonen @yahoo.com

14. Ibrahim kasim awell

August 10, 2015 at 4:22 AM

Hi Dear/Sir, Am Ibrahim kasim living in A.A(Ethiopia); Dear/Sir; please & help want getting ur (ful & free scholarship) joining and studing in ur University in z filed of engineering…!!! if u need my more info… Gmail = ibrahimkasim48@gmail.com Facebook=ibrahim.kasim.108@facebook.com Cell No. = +251-923214344 Thank you ur cooperative too…!!! With best and great regarding.

15. fanuel

August 10, 2015 at 8:06 AM

hey my name is fanuel tegafaw from ethiopia i’m graguated by constrution mangment diploma i’m highly intersting continue my education please give me this scolarship & inform +25121236164.

16. tsion aklilu

August 11, 2015 at 10:12 PM

Hello sir/dear I’m tsion aklilu i graduated from bahir dar university by chemical engineering and i want to learn my masters ( full and free scholarship). Hope u will call me 0911133257 E-mail aklilussmart@gmail.com

17. dereje dawit kenate

August 12, 2015 at 8:07 PM

I’m studying computer science at one of Ethiopian higher education institution jigjiga university I full fill the one u went I score more than 3:85 GPA of high schools and also more than 3:00 jigjiga university in past two year please offer me the chance to get more knowledge , and make me the one who change the Ethiopian history!!!!

18. Addis Wodaju

August 16, 2015 at 5:52 AM

is very good chance

19. yohannes

August 16, 2015 at 7:20 AM

i am yohannes from ethiopia.currently am studing electrical enginering at mekelle university(Ethiopia).but i am interested to study computer science.am happy if i get this scholarship……….please contact me by my email address……..johnysg064@g-mail.com

20. yohannes

August 16, 2015 at 7:23 AM

i am yohannes from ethiopia.currently am studing electrical enginering at mekelle university(Ethiopia).but i am interested to study computer science.i have scored 4 (straight A) at highschool level.am happy if i get this scholarship……….please contact me by my email address……..johnysg064@g-mail.com

21. yohannes

August 16, 2015 at 7:32 AM

I am Yohannes from Ethiopia.Currently i am studying electrical enginnering at mekelle university(Ethiopia).But i am interested to study computer science.I have scored 4 (straight A) of GPA at high school level.I am happy if i get this scholarship.please contact me by my e-mail johnysg064@g-mail.com

22. bolaji abiola

August 22, 2015 at 11:45 AM

hello..i am bolaji abiola i would be glad if i can get a full-funded scholarship to study electrical engineering at your school at an undergraduate level….+2349099422435…biola362@yahoo.com.

23. regen teka

August 25, 2015 at 9:19 AM

call me my no is +251914004231

24. francis majiwa

September 6, 2015 at 10:56 AM

am francis from Malawi currently based in Mallawi second year @ malawi college of health sciences, i want a scholarship to learn from foriegn contries .email.hanifnaeemmuddin@gmail.com contact +265888778302.

25. yishak sadenur

September 12, 2015 at 9:29 AM

wishing +ve things

26. Marier Khalil mangok

September 13, 2015 at 7:20 PM

Hi , I want to do petroleum engineering

27. mgbe jude ogechukwu

September 16, 2015 at 12:51 PM

can I be one of the beneficiary in your school, I am o’level student studying electrical and electronic engineering if yes please this is my contact 08169167059

September 16, 2015 at 4:36 PM

Good day, my name is Amaechi Ifeanyichukwu from Nigeria, I love to study Petroleum and Gas Engineering at your university. Please can the scholarship be granted to me.. Call me on 08032441837 or 08039323519.Thanks I have good grades in my Senior Secondary Examinations.

29. Almayehu Wujira

September 17, 2015 at 5:57 AM

Dear/sir scholar award I am from Ethiopia my name is Alemayehu Wujira I am a fourth year civil engineering student until now I have 3.51 GPA from jimma university technology institute from Ethiopia. So, I need this scholarship award. Sincerely thanks a lot Contact me @ email address alemayowuj@gmail.com or my mobile number 251922876281

30. Ezekiel Musyoki Kithuka

September 17, 2015 at 5:27 PM

I am a young Kenyan boy who was studying at Nairobi Aviation College taking aeronautical engineering but due to financial challenges dropped out.I would be very much appreciative if you consider me in your university. I am willing to take any course in your university. Thanks in advance.

31. yared debebe

September 18, 2015 at 1:30 PM

i am electrical&computer 4th year student. I need this opportunity pls if you have any chance help me.

32. Yohannes hunegne

September 18, 2015 at 9:42 PM

Am nurse and i have collage diploma in nursing and i want to learn with in ur university and i have a bright future to helpe others and am from ethiopia.

33. Younez mursal hussein

October 3, 2015 at 11:54 AM

Hi my name is younez mursal hussein my nationalty somali my age is 18years old i graguated secondry this season i intrest to get scholarship the best contanants of the worlds like america, uerop and asia please and plese get me scholarship and conect me telphone 2520907254936 or email cabdulahimursal122@hotmail.com thanks all of you

34. Nathanael Merkin

October 3, 2015 at 8:04 PM

I am so interested high school GPA 3.71 BSC degree GPA 3.15 Bsc by geomatics engineering from Ethiopia

35. khadar saed

October 4, 2015 at 3:17 PM

hi my name is khaddar Mohamed saed I would to learn civil please help me.

October 9, 2015 at 8:40 AM

My name is Mohamed Ali muhumed from Ethiopia I graduated health management information system I would like to get in your scholarship please help me contact me +251915401711 I would like to get this opportunity Thank U

37. Hussien Mohammed

October 9, 2015 at 2:54 PM

My name is hussien mohammed from Ethiopia. am graduated in Chemical enginnering from one of the recognize university in Ethiopia, Bahir dar university, But i am interested to study Mechanical Engineering.I have scored 3.2 of GPA at high school level.please offer me the chance to success my dream , and make me the one who change my mother land,Ethiopian,and am happy if i get this scholarship.please contact me by my e- mail” hussienmohammed23@gmail.com “

38. Amanuel

October 12, 2015 at 6:17 PM

I’m Ethiopian nation i graduate by BSc civil engineering from Ambo uiversity with distinction know i want to learn Msc please give me this chance!amfkg12@gmail.com

October 20, 2015 at 5:07 AM

My name is MARSIMOHI TIYAR DUGUMA i graduated by HYDRAULIC and WATER RESOURCE ENGINEERING from JIMMA UNIVERSITY,ETHIOPIA.i wan to proceed my masters in related ENGINEERING field.contact me by phone number,+251920408886

40. fentaw yimer

October 21, 2015 at 7:23 AM

hi how are you i am fivth year chemical(processe) engineering student in debre berhan university of ethiopia. i want proced for masters program after the next july 8 /2016 in processes enginering course as much as you can arange this program? contact by this phone 0947674958/0923992150 and email. gebreegziabheryimer@gmail.com

October 21, 2015 at 10:28 AM

Am a Malawian and am interested to persuade my education there…pleaz consider me

42. kalab Kahsay

October 23, 2015 at 8:24 AM

I have a bsc degree in mathematics so I want to learn in us university by MSC program.

43. kirubel mebratu

October 23, 2015 at 9:38 AM

hello America world’s leader in all business i live in ethiopia and iam studing fashion designing in the university bahirdar. I would like to improve my fashion design skill by sharing our cultural closes with ur brad clothes and I personally like supreme custumes. so its my pleasure to let my self (kirubel mebratu at face book and call 0919305153 thank you

44. NDAYIZEYE Dieudonné

October 24, 2015 at 11:20 AM

my name is ndayizeye dieudonné from burundi,i really need this scholarship,i have degree in scB,i would like to join your scholarship,please help me to get this,contact me on my number:+25771550951 or email: dieudonnendayi11@gmail.com

45. Tafesse habtewold

November 5, 2015 at 10:41 AM

Dear i want to study MSC in your institute with related feilds,if i will get the oportunity to join it. Now i am a holder of BSc with applied chemistry.i have 4 years teaching experienc at diploma level with the feild of natural science and 4 years exp. with vice principal at governmetal school since 2015. With best regard. Tafesse

46. Tafesse habtewold

November 5, 2015 at 10:49 AM

Dear I am from Ethiopia i want to study MSC in your institute with related feilds,if i will get the oportunity to join it. Now i am a holder of BSc with applied chemistry.i have 4 years teaching experienc at diploma level with the feild of natural science and 4 years exp. with vice principal at governmetal school since 2015. With best regard. Tafesse,phon no.+251913197624

47. fuad mudesir

November 6, 2015 at 4:13 AM

Dear I am from Ethiopia, please help me i want to join your university.

48. ALazar Behabtu

November 10, 2015 at 3:30 PM

I am from Ethiopia. I stuiding hydraulic enginering at Hawasa unversity .I want scholarship. I hope you will reply me

49. abdulmged redwan

November 23, 2015 at 1:54 PM

my name is abdulmged. i am in haramaYa universty w/c found in ethiopia. i learn engineering wana to learn my department in foriegn but i dont know how to join or applY so help me please i wana to survive the chance of this scholarship. cuz ma dream is not here so please am beg u.. +251923957887 is ma number contact me. for more info