In an effort to promote human capital development, up to 20 highly-accomplished applicants are annually awarded 2015-2017 UAE Government IRENA Scholarship Programme at the Abu Dhabi based MASDAR Institute of Science and Technology (MI), with the generous support of the Government of the United Arab Emirates.
Level: Masters Degree
Field(s): Scholarship students received one of eight Master of Science Programmes: Chemical Engineering, Computing and Information Science, Electrical Power Engineering, Engineering Systems and Management, Materials Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Microsystems Engineering, Water and Environmental Engineering and Sustainable Critical Infrastructure offered at MASDAR Institute.
Deadline: 15 September 2015.
Funded By: The International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) and Government of the United Arab Emirates
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015-2017 UAE Government IRENA Scholarship Programme is targeted for International students (priority will be given to applicants from developing countries
‣ Scholarship students received one of eight Master of Science Programmes offered at MASDAR Institute.
‣ The IRENA scholars will also be able to attend an exclusive high-level lecture programme, aimed at presenting the latest developments in the field of renewable energies.
‣ All necessary information pertaining to the MSc Programmes, entry requirements and the selection process can be found in the text below.
‣ Special consideration will be given to applicants from developing countries as part of a concerted effort to support countries severely affected by today’s overriding challenges: energy access, energy security and climate change.
To be eligible for the 2015-2017 UAE Government IRENA Scholarship Programme, candidates should have
‣ Relevant undergraduate degree from a college, university or technical college of acceptable standing in the field of science, engineering or information technology.
‣ Minimum CGPA required: 3.0 on a scale of 4.0.
‣ Competence in spoken and written English. Minimum TOEFL score: 91 (IBT) on the international TOEFL.
‣ Minimum academic IELTS score: 6.5.
‣ Minimum GRE quantitative score: 700(or 155 on the new scale).
‣ Academic record and credentials must indicate the ability to achieve distinction.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Interested students can apply online for an IRENA MSc Scholarship directly through MASDAR Institute’s website.
‣ Applications have to be submitted electronically. All required proofs and certificates have to be sent to MASDAR Institute.
‣ A list of the required documents can be found on MASDAR Institute’s website.
‣ Please note that you have to indicate your interest in an IRENA Scholarship on Masdar Institute online application form by ticking the appropriate box.
‣ Otherwise you will apply for a common MASDAR scholarship and you will not be able to benefit from IRENA’s Lecture Programmes and other advantages.
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date Applications for 2015-2017 can be submitted as of 1 November, 2013. Deadline to complete an application for the Spring 15-17 intake is15 September 2015. Incomplete applications will not be considered for evaluation if completed after the deadline.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.