2016 Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board International Postgraduate Scholarship

Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (AHDB), UK, has announced the funding opportunity to the tune of £1 million for the postgraduate studentship program. The call is for 15 PhD studentships.

For the academic year 2016-17, the program aims to select potential candidates whose research proposal aligns with the research objective of at least one of the AHDB divisions. These include Beef and Lamb, Cereals and Oilseeds, Horticulture, Dairy and Potatoes.

The program aims to prioritize evident and contemporary research that is relevant to the current industry needs. It also seeks to develop next generation technical experts who can meet the challenges of the industry.

Kim Matthews, Head of research and development, AHDB beef and lamb said, “Supporting the next generation of scientists and delivering relevant and practical research to levy payers is an important part of AHDB’s long-term strategy. Many of our PhD students go on to develop successful careers in agriculture and horticultural research. We are looking for a high standard of applications that can demonstrate an understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing farmers, growers and processors.”

Currently, the funding opportunity is £23,109 per annum, which comprises of a stipend of £14,057, indicative fees of £4,052 and experimental costs of £5,000 based on BBSRC awards. All the AHDB divisions are capable of funding. The prospective students should check the respective AHDB divisions’ website for further information.

Interested applicants can send their application to studentships-at-ahdb.org.uk on or before September 14, 2015. Candidates must indicate the sector of their choice in the subject heading. Applications received before the deadline will be reviewed and the results of the selection process will be out by January 13, 2016. AHDB normally awards 15-20 projects per year and 50-60 rolling projects at any one time. It also aims to maintain a similar level of investment in the coming years. The application is open to all research institutes, universities and colleges.

The Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (AHDB) is a statutory levy board. It is funded by farmers, growers and others in the supply chain process. It is an independent organization and does not have an affiliation to commercial industry and government. Its sole purpose is to position the agriculture and horticulture industries as a competitive and sustainable. AHDB undertakes efficient farm-level knowledge transfer programs based on evidence both from third party science and their own R&D which is aimed at improving efficiency, productivity and sustainability.

It provides unbiased, high quality market information that helps business decision making and improves supply chain transparency. AHDB has a portfolio of products at its disposal: pig meat in England – branded as AHDB Pork, milk in Great Britain (GB) – branded as AHDB Dairy, beef and lamb in England – branded as AHDB Beef & Lamb, commercial horticulture in GB – branded as AHDB Horticulture, cereals and oilseeds in the UK – branded as AHDB Cereals & Oilseeds, potatoes in GB – branded as AHDBPotatoes.

AHDB’s operations are funded by farmers, growers and others in the supply chain through statutory levies – not from central Government. The funds raised from each commodity sector are ring-fenced to ensure they are used only to the benefit of the sector from which they were raised.

For detailed information go through this link.

1. lalisa amenu hunduma

August 2, 2015 at 4:14 AM

my name is lalisa amenu from ethiopia , i have Bsc in agricultural resource economics and management, if gey these chance contact me by my email: lalisaamenu@gmail.com and my phone No 251921186054 thank you for all.

2. Ashagre Asnakew

August 5, 2015 at 5:53 AM

I am ashagre asnakew from ethiopia and graduated from jimma universitvw in horticvlture and now i am junior researchf i on horticvltural pathology i and i am interested to get your scholarship. Thank xou

3. Tekie; Daniel Asnake

August 11, 2015 at 11:15 AM

I am Daniel Asnake from Ethiopia, I have Bsc in Horticulture and now i am Horticulture Instructor in Debre Tabor Poly Tecnique College. If I get your chance please contact by my email danielasnake071@gmail.com and my phone is 251922616311. Thank You.

4. Solomo Allotey

August 11, 2015 at 12:29 PM

Am Solomon Allotey from Ghana,i will be vry happy if u help me out in my career.My phone number is 0244266996,tnx to de team!!!

5. Ayub Abdullahi Beri

August 12, 2015 at 9:05 AM

pls contact me Email ayubabdullahi85@gmail.com phone 0097430080465 i realy intersted scholarship in this university

6. Bumetet Koah Kham

August 15, 2015 at 12:45 PM

I apply for scholarship of agriculture field. iam from south Sudan

• lalisa amenu

August 17, 2015 at 7:18 PM

my name is Lalisa Amenu from Ethiopia , I have BSc in agricultural resource economics and management , i have great interest to study my Msc in your university if I get these chance contacts me by my email lalisaamenu@gmail.com and my phone no : +251921186054 thank your for all

7. TABU MULUGETA

August 19, 2015 at 12:31 PM

I am Tabu Mulugeta from Ethiopia and i have BSc in horticulture from wolkite university. Contact me 0922917903 and email-tabumulugeta2015@gmail.com

8. yemane teklemicheal

August 21, 2015 at 10:23 AM

I m yemane and i have bachelor degree in natural resource managment.i m very interested to study master so plz contact me by 00251932039180

9. Purity Makotoko

August 22, 2015 at 7:39 AM

Hi I am completing my high school this year and would love to further my studies in economics. I would grateful if I were to get this chance, so I hope that I will be considered. Thank you.

10. Kalil shako

August 24, 2015 at 9:24 AM

I am from Ethiopia and graduate from Addis Ababa university by veterinary medicine.so please contact me if i got the chance to apply. My e-mail address kalilvet71@gmail.com my phone number +251910268458

11. zakaria musa

August 28, 2015 at 10:05 PM

my name is zakaria musa from Ethiopia. I have Bsc in Ansc from Adama university. now I will get this chance .I will learn veterinary science. thank you for all. my phone No. 0924176073 Please contact me.

12. zekaria musa

August 28, 2015 at 10:21 PM

I am Zekariamusa from Ethiopia I have Ansc in first degree from Adama university. now if I get ,I will study veterinary science. than you contact meby 0924176073 please.

13. F.Ahmednur Abdullahi

September 26, 2015 at 4:54 PM

Grantseeker 2:06 am to feedback Solution-pH appeared to be a key factor determining CeO2ENPs colloidal stability.• A 1st-order kinetics model could describe the time-dependant settling of CeO2ENPs.• Suspended solids content affected the settling rate and residual cerium fraction.• CeO2ENPs remained stable in dispersion in water with low pH, IS, and TSS content.• Ionic release from the CeO2ENPs appeared negligible in all surface waters.Thank you so much l really enjoy your supporting GRANTseeker are they an certificate to show our boses?

14. dgfg

November 9, 2015 at 10:09 AM

c’cjv

15. solomon geberegzabiher

January 9, 2016 at 11:14 AM

16. solomon geberegzabiher

January 9, 2016 at 11:18 AM

am solomon.am gradua.ted from addis ababa university in the filed of horticultur in 2015.so am intersting to study in your university if you are volentary to give achanse to study.you can contact me by this phon number0934972014.thank you.

17. Anibachor Michael

May 22, 2016 at 4:20 AM

I am a Graduate of Federal College of Animal Health and Production Technology Moor Plantation Apata Ibadan Nigeria with Higher National Diploma (HND) In Animal Production Technology and wish to pursue my agricultural career in your institution if given the opportunity. please how do I go about it.thanks in anticipation for your reply