2016 Commonwealth Scholarships For Postgraduates Students To Study In South Africa

commonwealth

Application Deadline: September 7th 2015

The Ministry of Education and Human Resource Development has announced the call for applications for the 2016 Commonwealth Scholarships for Master’s & PhD available in South Africa, which commence in January 2016.

• The Master’s Degree awards, which are up to two years in duration, are open to citizens of any Commonwealth country, other than South Africa, and the awards are tenable at any Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) member university, in South Africa.
  • Applicants for the PhD awards, which was put in place with the support of the David & Elaine Potter Foundation, must be citizens of an African Commonwealth country, other than South Africa.
  • The award is for a total of three years.

The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) is a unique programme. Since its establishment in 1959, it has provided opportunities for over 30,000 citizens of all Commonwealth countries to study in other member countries. Following the establishment of the CSFP endowment fund in 2009, a new strand of Commonwealth Scholarships located in low and middle income countries is available.

Tenable at any of the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) member university, in South Africa.

• Cape Peninsula University of Technology

• University of Venda

Eligible courses: Any

Expected start Date: January 2016

Eligibility criteria

Master’s:

• Be citizens of any Commonwealth country except South Africa

• Hold a first degree of upper second class Honours standard (or above) in a discipline relevant to that in which study is proposed

PhD:

• Be citizens of any African Commonwealth country except South Africa

Scholarship Worth:

• Full tuition fees

• Monthly/quarterly stipend (living allowance) set at local rates

• Arrival allowance (usually) USD 500, to contribute to additional costs incurred in moving to your host country

• One economy class return airfare between your home and host countries

How to Apply:

1. Complete the relevant scholarship form:

Enquiries: Contact commonwealthscholarships@dhet.gov.za/

For More Information:

Visit the Official Webpage of the 2016 Commonwealth Scholarships for Masters and Doctoral (PhD) Study in South Africa

1. Hbtamu Terefe Mesellu

August 21, 2015 at 9:33 AM

I have BA degree in economics I went to learn MA please help me

2. BINALF

August 21, 2015 at 9:57 AM

my name is binalf teshome i have bachilor degree in sport science from ethiopi i wpold like to continue masters degree from your country phon +2519 18 57 75 52/emai binalfteshome2@gmail.com

3. TABU MULUGETA

August 21, 2015 at 1:40 PM

Helloo! I am tabu mulugeta from Ethiopa and i was graduate by horticulture department in BSc degree. so i would like to learning masters by this field in your country. please help me and contact me by +251922917903 and e-mail: tabumulugeta2015@gmail.com

4. eshetie zewdu

August 22, 2015 at 12:53 PM

i have first degree in water resource and irrigation management please contact me +251-914822679

5. Tselane NchochobaI want

August 22, 2015 at 1:59 PM

I obtained degree I business and entrepreneurs, so I want to do masters in finance and buseness mgt

6. Seboka Ketsi

August 22, 2015 at 2:49 PM

I wish to study for and MBAS or Masters in Finance.

7. lamesgin ayalew

September 1, 2015 at 11:12 PM

my name is lamesgin ayalew from ethiopia.i am gratuate from madawAlabu univarsity by agreculture specialized in natural resource management in degree programme.education is the best tools to change the world.so i want to learn more in Msc in your university if i get this chance.so please contact me.adres,,email,lamesginayalew192129@gmail.com,and, 251918600336.

8. bidika sarika

September 12, 2015 at 5:45 AM

I Bsc nursing degree ,your institution give chance i want to study master of any medical science

9. Abdata Aliyi

September 13, 2015 at 7:17 AM

My name is Abdata Aliyi I have BA degree I want to schoolship study MA if give chance please contact adress 0921165406 Call me

10. Guadie degu

September 19, 2015 at 7:04 PM

hellow my name is guadie degu from ethiopia. i have bsc in physics so i am very intersted to join your shcolarship with masters program and contact me @gmail guadedegu21@gmail.com and251935700203

11. ALIYU LAWAN HASSAN