2016 Heinrich Böll Foundation For International Graduate & Undergraduate Students

The 2016 Heinrich Böll Foundation grants scholarships to approximately 1,000 undergraduates, graduates, and doctoral students of all subjects and nationalities per year, who are pursuing their degree at universities, universities of applied sciences (‘Fachhochschulen’), or universities of the arts (‘Kunsthochschulen’).

School(Institutions/ Country): | German (German students can pursue their higher studies in Germany or an EU country)

Field(s): Scholarships are awarded in all subjects offered at universities of applied sciences or universities of the arts in Germany.

Deadline: 1 March 2016.

Funded By: The Heinrich Boll Foundation

They expect scholarship ( 2016 Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships )  recipients to have excellent academic records, to be socially and politically engaged, and to have an active interest in the basic values of the foundation: ecology and sustainability, democracy and human rights, self determination and justice.

To apply for 2016 Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships , applicants should meet the following criteria

(A) Applicants for an undergraduate or graduate scholarship, German nationals and Bildungsinländer/innen (1): Applications are open to students in all subjects who are pursuing a first degree (Bachelor, Staatsexamen, Diplom) and who earned their university entrance qualification (2) in Germany:

1. General student scholarships:

‣ You may apply before beginning your first degree (Bachelor, Staatsexamen, Diplom) or at any time up to the end of your third “Fachsemester”.

‣ Masters students cannot apply, because we aim to support students over the longer term. However, Bachelors students who have been awarded support may receive further support for a Masters course.

‣ Special (but not exclusive) target groups are: first-generation students, women, members of ethnic minorities, or applicants from universities of applied science (Fachhochschulen).

‣ Scholarship programme also focuses (but not exclusively) on certain subjects: especially the STEM subjects (science, technology, engineering and mathematics), particularly with a focus on environmental science (e.g. environmental protection, renewable energies, climate, etc.); economic and legal studies; journalism; and art studies.

‣ Germans and Bildungsinländer/innen may receive funding for a complete Bachelors programme outside Germany but within the EU. In this case, the application must include a detailed justification of the proposed location and subject.

Student scholarship – journalism: “Medienvielfalt, anders: Junge Migrantinnen und Migranten in den Journalismus” (for German nationals and Bildungsinländer/innen):

‣ This programme is aimed at German or German-educated students with a migration

background who wish to become journalists. Funding is not limited to students following journalism studies programmes.

‣ You may apply before beginning your study programme or at any time up to the end of your third “Fachsemester”. The conditions outlined in A.1. apply.

(B) Applicants for a doctoral scholarship (PhD): These include:

‣ Doctoral students in all subjects who earned their university entrance qualification in Germany (Germans nationals and Bildungsinländer/innen):

‣ At the time of application, the applicant must have been accepted as a doctoral student by a state-recognised institution of higher education in Germany or another EU country.

‣ Preference will be given to dissertation projects related to the working areas of the Heinrich Böll Foundation

Selection Criteria for 2016 Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships

‣ The scholarships will be awarded on excellent academic records, to be socially and politically engaged, and to have an active interest in the basic values of the foundation: ecology and sustainability, democracy and human rights, self determination and justice.

Scholarship Application Method

‣ Applications are submitted via Online Application

‣ Check if you are among the special focus groups in this application round

‣ Gather information on the application process and the requested documents

‣ Register for the online application portal

‣ Provide the requested information in the Online Application Portal

‣ After uploading all of your documents, submit your application before the end of the application deadline

‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 1 September 2016.

‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website

‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.

For more Information about 2016 Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships

1. ESHETIE ZEWDU

August 10, 2015 at 9:31 AM

i have first degree in water resource and irrigation management please contact me +251-914822679

2. Abdu

August 10, 2015 at 2:48 PM

hi, I’m Abdu. I’m an Ethiopian and i am studying mechanical engineering . i already finished my first year caurse .although life became so difficult for my family, with their great effert am gonna start my second year caurse .i would like to get a scholarship very much and i want to change my family and also i want to develop my professional skills on mechanical engineering as well as i want to serve my community on my profession by getting this scholarship.so please just announce/inform me how to apply this scholarship with my email ( abdusultan320@gmail.com)

3. Abdu

August 10, 2015 at 2:49 PM

hi, I’m Abdu. I’m an Ethiopian and i am studying mechanical engineering . i already finished my first year caurse .although life became so difficult for my family, with their great effort am gonna start my second year caurse .i would like to get a scholarship very much and i want to change my family and also i want to develop my professional skills on mechanical engineering as well as i want to serve my community on my profession by getting this scholarship.so please just announce/inform me how to apply this scholarship with my email ( abdusultan320@gmail.com)

4. EndLkachew Sisay

August 11, 2015 at 3:38 AM

I have B.A degree in English language and literature. pleace contact me by +251 -935256758.

5. saddam Abdi Adar

August 11, 2015 at 6:56 PM

Hello iam ethiopian student i need this scholarship my name is saddam Abdi adar my phone number +251915468875 my Email address saddamabdiadar@ gmail.com Thankz To All

6. Leta Aliyi

August 13, 2015 at 7:06 AM

my name is Leta Aliyi .I was graduated my Bsc by soil and watershed mngts.pls contact+251916656262

7. Haroon

August 18, 2015 at 6:10 AM

This is Haroon Haroon, From Kabul Afghanistan , I Got BBA from Kardan University ( IACBE Member ) I wish to apply to the Master of Business Administration program through your programme. This program is a solid step towards my future career as a businessperson who understands and appreciates science and technology, Hope to send the Application form and other instruction to my email Haroonjaji@gmail.com , 0093 77 6789 286 .

8. binalf

August 18, 2015 at 3:07 PM

my name is binalf Teshome I have B.A Degree in sport science and I am qualified on my Departments and I would like to continu my masters degree from your country phon +251 918 57 75 52

9. Jifara

August 22, 2015 at 3:51 PM

name:jifara dirirssa phone:0922153644 email:jifara.dirirsa@yahoo.com dept:civil engineering I wish to get MS award from abroad. if ok please contact me

10. Hailemichael zewdu

August 22, 2015 at 10:33 PM

I am grade 12 Student in Ethiopia &I wish to b6e global scientist. phone 0933205609

11. shamshadin kassim

September 9, 2015 at 8:55 PM

My name is shamshadin kassim. I was graduated from jigjiga unversity in ethiopia by BSC of electrical and computer engineering and I want to upgrade my qualification if I got this opportunity. Please contact me by phone number: +251920905316

12. biruk bitew

September 28, 2015 at 5:27 PM

i am biruk & i am grade 11 student i want to be a great doctor so please help me to achive my goal & i am living with my mother i dont have financial strength so please give me the chance ,if i get the scholar contact me with 025913618086 & bitewk@gmail.com

13. cabdisamad siciid

September 28, 2015 at 10:28 PM

my name cabdisamad siciid from un recognised country called Somaliland located horn of Africa . I graduated Hight school only geting A+ and am teacher in English language for primary school . am seeking to learn scholarship . please contact me 00252634430394.

14. Beki Kefyalew

October 15, 2015 at 6:10 PM

hey i am grade 11 student in Ethiopia and i wish to be space scientist so please give me the opportunity to achieve my goal. e-mail me at bekikefyalew.bk@gmail.com or whats up me at 0937632352

15. Shamshadin kassim Omer

October 15, 2015 at 8:57 PM

My name is Shamshadin Kassim Omer. I was graduated from jigjiga university, Ethiopia by BSC of electrical & computer engineering. I need scholarship please help me to get scholarship for masters degree related to electrical & computer engineering (communication stream).please contact me by Phone Number: +251920905316 Email:shadokassim@gmail.com P.o.Box 436 Harar,Ethiopia

16. Misgana yakob

October 24, 2015 at 7:06 AM

First I would like to say thanks for every thing which you do in inter world. I am 3erd year mechanical Engineering student at wachamo university. If I get this opportunity, I will improve mechanical problem of different machinery part. I help my country by doing simple machine to solve country problem. This is my vision in one room.

17. Ayebazibwe Collins

October 25, 2015 at 9:49 PM

Am Ayebazibwe Collins from Uganda holding a grade iii teaching certificate & I would like yo study journalism.+256 775168757

18. abreham workneh

October 29, 2015 at 11:04 AM

hello,thanks for giving this chance and i just want to upgrade my profession in hydro power engineering.

19. Nimco Mohamed Ahmed

November 1, 2015 at 10:18 AM

my names Nimco Mohamed, i am Somali, i am bachelor degree of Public Administration and i would like to improve my study and learn another bachelor of Bunk&Finance i am so interested your scholarship and i am expecting you to confirm my request.pleas any message send me to my e-mail address i writ above thank you.

20. kalab mesafint

November 10, 2015 at 2:55 PM

my name is kalab mesafint

November 11, 2015 at 9:24 PM

i am Juhar Jundi from Ethiopia am Farest yer studant in Haramaya unvarsti Departmant Of padatric &befor 3yers I graduat Diploma from college Departmant Of Clinical n arsing and I have 3yers work Expriyans for governmental halth instituation but by this time am stdant &I need scolarship for bater Education&Sharing of new technology about halth for suprting or helping defrant devaloping country so contact me+2519 0920932165

22. Hawi

November 18, 2015 at 8:56 PM

Greetings,my name is hawi and am from Ethiopia.Right know am in grade 11 and one day in the future i want to persue the dream of being a lowyer who will make a difference in this world and i want to do that by getting a better education whitch is not possoble in my country so please i really need ur help and i would like u to contact me with my personal numbe. 251911069158

23. Nardos kefelegn

December 2, 2015 at 3:59 AM

hello, I am nardos from Ethiopia. I was looking for grade 11 free scholarship. I was wondering if I can get the scholarship in year 2016. please contact me at nardoskefelegn@gmail.com

24. NEBIYU ELIAS

December 28, 2015 at 2:39 PM

ok thanks for all my name is nebiyu Elias and now l am pre-medicine student at arba minch from Ethiopia when l fill this in confident if just I have this scholarship contact me 251919741135

25. Amina Phiri

January 6, 2016 at 2:15 PM

My names are Amina phiri, based in Zambia.I completed my o’ level education in 2013 under Examinations council of Zambia with credits and better in 6 courses including Maths,English,physic and chemistry(science) and biology.Really i have always wished to study abroad,but due to lack of financial assistance my dream always is being distingushed,i will like to study any business or science related programme at one of your prestigious universities. Thank you so much( +260976674879 aminahphiri97@gmail.com

26. Bona Ali

January 17, 2016 at 12:10 PM

I’m BSc degree graduate in Animal science in Ethiopia. If you Will give me a chance, please contact me through +251913275719. Thanks for your consideration.

27. mamush bogale

January 24, 2016 at 2:09 PM

my name is mamush bogale I am BSc degree in GIS hawassa university, of Ethiopia . I hope that you give me scholarship . Please contact me:+251916316159/945887605

28. Mowlid

February 1, 2016 at 8:13 PM

My name is mowlid l live in hargeisa somalia l like scholarship and lookin for long time so pls contect to 0025634134512

29. chernet erdachew

February 5, 2016 at 11:04 AM

i am going to earn university intrans qualification.i hope you can help me to have first degree in mathematics or related.send response with email cherneterdachew@gmail.com or call by 251926307267.

30. ahmed ibrahim

February 10, 2016 at 12:16 PM

hi, I’m Ahmed. I’m somali and i am studying Medicine . I already finished my first year caurse .although life became so difficult for my family, with their great effort, i am going to start my second year caurse .i would like to get a scholarship very much and i want to change my family and also i want to develop my professional skills on Medicine as well as i want to serve my community on my profession by getting this scholarship.so please just announce/inform me how to apply this scholarship with my cell 0025265832422 or my E-mail ( sodaani10@gmail.com)

31. Urias Sonpon Jr

February 19, 2016 at 2:39 PM

My name is Urias Sonpon Jr,i am very much intreasted in this scholarship. Please help me finish my studies.This is my number +23276161375.please help me in the name of God

32. zakariye mohamed

April 11, 2016 at 7:09 AM

hi my name zakariye mohamed jama i was live somali togdheer i am studing in burao university. then i was very happined this. schoolashiping bacause i was not possipilty the pays of university. and i loved the contineuation my edecation wherefore i need schoolsheping in last my wourds i pleases in success full. please contact me. 252634896386. or sakimoha94@gmail.com

33. Natnael Haile

May 6, 2016 at 5:33 PM

I am Natnael Haile from Ethiopia, i need your scholarship in 2017-18 school year. I am now 11th grade student. Politics is my passion but i am fine with any other fields, because i got straight A’s in high school.

34. shukri

June 11, 2016 at 7:19 AM

my name is shukri abokar from SOMALIA i have first degree business admin, i need to get scholarship 2017-2018 master degree pls as soon contact me Aasho885@gmail.com

35. kebede belay

July 4, 2016 at 4:43 AM

says:Hello,my name is Kebede belay from Ethiopia. I have BA degree in Agricultural science in department of plant science and I want to upgrade my profession in Master degree on Agricultural engineering or Industrial crop engineering. Please contact me through my email and phone number respectively. kebedegibdaw@gemail.com and 0932892975 thank you for your help.

36. meaza nigusu

July 7, 2016 at 8:55 PM

I have BA degree from University of Gondar in development and environmental management

37. meaza nigusu

July 7, 2016 at 9:11 PM

hi these is meaza nigusu from ethiopa and i’m femal student, i have higly intrsted to learn so that is the reason to applay these scholarship , i have BA degree from University of Gondar in development and environmental management study

August 7, 2016 at 7:59 AM

I would be so grateful if i can win a scholarship to study abroad.

39. Dejene Negash

August 12, 2016 at 4:34 PM

I wish to be to apply for your scholarship. I am a 30 years old from Ethiopia.2nd year Computer science student in Adama science and Technology University,i’m interested to join your scholarship program who is seeing college education.I hope u will help me, because this is my only chance, so I want to make use of it contact numbers are +251-910-237-397 E-mail dejenenegash16@gmail.com Thanks for accepting me as one of your students.

40. ABEBAW BIRHAN

August 27, 2016 at 6:44 AM

my name is Abebaw graduate by Industrial eng e-mail=abebaw.birhan2007@gmail.com

41. Getaneh Amare

September 28, 2016 at 8:50 PM

We are going to be a good start to finish the title of the most important thing is that the only thing I can do it for the first time in your. Company’s chance. Thanks

42. Nimco ali mohamed

November 8, 2016 at 5:30 PM

43. Nimco ali mohamed

November 8, 2016 at 5:31 PM

Hello my name is nimco ali i have finished first degree of ict programming i want this scholar ship to increase my knowledge if you will give me a chance please contact me 252634956134 or maamo196@gmail.com

44. Nimco ali mohamed

November 8, 2016 at 5:33 PM

Hello my name is nimco ali moh i have finished first degree of ict programming i want this scholar ship to increase my knowledge if you will give me a chance please contact me 252634956134 or maamo196@gmail.com