2016 Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships For Study In Canada

Seeking Scholarship  (4)

Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS)

Course(s) Offered: Several fields
Course Level: Graduate (phd, combined masters/phd)
Provider: Canadian Government
Country to Study in: Canada

Scholarship Description
The Vanier CGS program aims to attract and retain world-class doctoral students by supporting students who demonstrate both leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies in the social sciences, humanities, natural sciences, engineering, and health.

The program aims to establish Canada as a global centre of excellence in research and higher learning. Both Canadian and international students are eligible to be nominated for a Vanier CGS.

In an effort to support students in broadening their research horizons and seeking new challenges, the Vanier CGS program strongly encourages candidates to pursue their studies beyond the university that granted their undergraduate and graduate degrees.

To be considered for a Vanier CGS, you must:
be nominated by only one Canadian university, which must have received a Vanier CGS allocation;
be seeking financial support to pursue your first doctoral degree (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD). Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
intend to pursue, in the summer semester or the academic year following the announcement of results, full-time doctoral (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD) studies and research at the nominating university; Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
have completed no more than 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2016;
have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your university, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent. Applicants are encouraged to contact the university for its definition of a first-class average; and
not have already received a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
SELECTION CRITERIA:
Nominees will be evaluated and selected based on the following three criteria, which will be weighted equally by the selection committees:
Academic excellence, as demonstrated by past academic results and by transcripts, awards and distinctions.
Research potential, as demonstrated by the candidate’s research history, his/her interest in discovery, the proposed research and its potential contribution to the advancement of knowledge in the field, the potential benefit to Canadians, and any anticipated outcomes.
Leadership (potential and demonstrated ability) as defined by the following qualities:
Personal achievement
Involvement in academic life
Volunteerism/community outreach
Eligible groups
Citizens of ANY country, including Canada (i.e. Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign students)

Participating Institutions
All approved Canadian universities (i.e those with Vanier CGS allocation).

Without exception, Vanier CGS awards are tenable only at the eligible Canadian university that submitted the nomination.

Fields of study
Areas of research:
Health research
Natural sciences and/or engineering
Social sciences and/or humanities research
Number of awards
Not specified, however, up to 167 scholarships are awarded annually; while a total of up to 500 scholarships are active at any time.

Sponsorship duration
For three (3) years

Scholarship benefits
The total worth and value of the award is $50,000 every year

Method of Application
In all cases, candidates must be nominated by the university at which they want to study. Candidates cannot apply directly to the Vanier CGS program.

Applications are initiated in one of two ways. Either:
the candidate informs the faculty of graduate studies at the selected university of their intent to apply to the Vanier CGS competition; Or
the institution initiates the nomination process by contacting the desired candidate.
Applications are prepared by the candidate and submitted to the nominating institution by their internal deadline using the ResearchNet application system. The nominating institution then forwards recommended nominations to the Vanier-Banting Secretariat (the Secretariat). All nominations from Canadian universities must be submitted via ResearchNet and received by the federal research granting agencies by the deadline date.

It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on the application selection process, and also to access the application form.

DEADLINES:
Each Canadian university has an internal deadline date for students to submit their applications. Universities must then forward their selected nominations to the Vanier CGS program by 4 November 2015 (8:00 p.m. Eastern Time).

PLEASE NOTE:
The prestigious Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program is available to both Canadian and international PhD students studying at Canadian universities. It represents an excellent international study opportunity.

Application Deadline: 4 November 2015
Open to International Applicants: Yes

More Scholarship Information and Application, Click Here

1. aida issac

August 19, 2015 at 9:50 AM

hiiii my name is aida issac and i have degree on public health and i relly want to study in this university to know more or if it is possible i want to study master degree so please help me to to join this scholarship and contact me by ma facebook address aida issac@yahoo.com

2. Abdirahman mohamed hussein

August 19, 2015 at 7:12 PM

Iam very happy to join well known university of the world due to my scholarship and i wish to find some of the famamous university bu considering my application

3. Yemane Dagnew

August 20, 2015 at 7:12 AM

I am from Ethiopia I have BA degree in English/ foreign languages and literature.I want to continue my MA degree if the courses are available in your university.

4. Addisalem kahsay

August 20, 2015 at 8:26 AM

Hello, my name is addisalem kahsay & i am from ethiopia. I have done my Bsc degree with wood science and technology in adama science and technology university. So if u give me a chance i am very interested to continue my masters degree with my proffession or related fields. Please contact me through: tel:+251923038636 or email:kaddisalem@gmail.com thanks,

5. selam wondemu

August 20, 2015 at 9:41 AM

My name is Selam wondemu,I am from Ethiopia.I graduated in Bsc clinical nursing and I am interested to learn my MSc in this course or related courses. if u would like to contact me, my phone number 251941220419

6. chala

August 20, 2015 at 12:12 PM

My name is Chala Dida; I am researcher Geologist at ministry of mines, Ethiopia. To contribute something to my country growth I need to continue master degree if I get fee free scholarship. I have two years work experience in the ministry of mines research based experience on the industrial minerals. I took my bachelor degree from Addis Ababa University with applied Geology course. Regarding my master degree I want to proceed with one of mining technology or any natural sciences discipline’s how I engage participate in the scholarship you announces for Ethiopian’s? Please inform me as soon as possible for you!! Thank you for all your kindness you sincerely chala Phone – +251-(09)-1004-5485 Email. Chaladida72@yahoo.com

7. hurube olana

August 20, 2015 at 10:06 PM

Hello this is hurube olana.i am from Ethiopia. I do have first degree in public health. if I get the chance I want to study in this university.can I have more information about courses?

8. bereket shapa

August 21, 2015 at 10:05 AM

am bereket shapa student of hydraulic engineering in AMU 3rd year student & i wish to be part of this scholar

9. Abdirahman mohamed farah

August 21, 2015 at 2:36 PM

10. Abdirahman mohamed farah

August 21, 2015 at 2:37 PM

I like very to study in nord america becauses they are first university in the world so that i have economic diplome degres and i went to study my licience mastar in nord american ive allah give me this opportinuty‏ ‏finaly i live in djibouti

11. nur abdi

August 21, 2015 at 8:48 PM

my name is nur abdi i live in uganda thanks for gives us this apportunity and I like to study in canada or america please contact with me 256793795064

12. Ashenafi Mebrahtu

August 23, 2015 at 2:59 PM

Hey, am glad to accept your offer. Lets begin to make our world comfortable to all human beings. Thanks all

13. Jifara

August 23, 2015 at 6:09 PM

My name is Jifara Dirirsa.I’m graduated from Jimma university ,Ethiopia by Civil Engineering.I am very happy if I get scholarship by master program abroad.if ok contact me by phone:0922153644 email:jifara.dirirsa@yahoo.com

14. Yonas mesfin

August 23, 2015 at 8:49 PM

I am yonas mesfin,I take my first degree to Gondar city,Ethiopia,by marketing managment ,I need to study market related field

15. brhane gebregergs

August 23, 2015 at 10:09 PM

bire1985@gmail.com

16. Selam Fitsum Kahsay

August 25, 2015 at 7:35 AM

hi my name is selam fitsum i have first degree in civil engineering from arbaminch university Ethiopia i am really interested by your scholar ship program on master please help me

17. Nesredin Mohammed

August 25, 2015 at 4:58 PM

thanks for all educational organization. I am very happy if I get, I am graduated in BA in sociology. please contuct me, 0915167909

18. desbele kifilom

August 27, 2015 at 9:01 AM

my name is desbele kifilom i am from Eritrea and i am technical school graduated in wood working technology so now i am looking scholar ship in wood work technology.

19. Sirak Getachew

August 27, 2015 at 4:17 PM

i would like to get chance here in your universtiy and am optimistic too. I am Eritrean and achieved Bsc in Animal Science. so please i am really interested to upgrade my study in your university

20. Moh'd Ibrahim Rajab

September 1, 2015 at 6:03 AM

Wish to join these scholarship once is finished my post gradiate studies. So help me how I could join

21. Teshome Juta

September 1, 2015 at 5:04 PM

Dears! My Name is Teshome Juta from Ethiopia I want to study at natural science/engineering. So how can get this opportunity?

22. mukisa k patrick

September 3, 2015 at 9:12 AM

am much privillaged to hear about this offer am ayoung man who has just finished acertifficate in electrical installation but would love to upgrade i will be greatful if given achance.

23. Mengesha tadele

September 5, 2015 at 6:12 PM

I have LLB degree in law

24. roba

September 10, 2015 at 5:18 PM

Hello, my name is roba yonis i am from ethiopia. i have first degree in water resource and enviromental engineering from jimma university Ethiopia i am really interested by your scholar ship program on master please help me contact me on my email roba.yonis@yahoo.com

25. kedir jemal mumed

September 16, 2015 at 9:22 PM

it is with great lucky to hear this chance, I am kedir jemal mumed & I graduated from Haramaya University with BA Degree in Accounting and Finance in this year and I interested to expending my professional horizons by seeking new challenges in the financing industry as I continue to pursue my ACCA certification. This has presented me with a diverse range of issues that have allowed me to develop my problem solving skills while effectively working with a verity of different people. so, I need this scholarship to study my masters in any related specialization regarding with my academic background relevent. for more information I attached my phone No:+251915123285 or +251910000266 & my E-mail: kedir3375@gmail.com

26. Feisal mohamud hassan

September 27, 2015 at 8:55 AM

its with great lucky to hear this chance, I am Feisal mohamud I graduated DCH in Kenya university I am really interested to you scholar thanks advance. contact me 0728357087 kenya

27. cabdisamad siciid

September 28, 2015 at 10:35 PM

my name cabdisamad siciid from un recognised country called Somaliland located horn of Africa . I graduated Hight school only geting A+ and am teacher in English language for primary school .am seeking to learn scholarship . please contact me 00252634430394.

28. mohamed mohamoud soubaneh

October 2, 2015 at 9:50 PM

I like very to study in nord america becauses they are first university in the world so that i have economic and technologie diplome degres and i went to study my licience mastar in nord american ive allah give me this chance please helpe me and contact me +25377705293 and me email hassan.mahamoud@outlook.fr

29. niyonsenga cyprien

October 12, 2015 at 11:43 AM

I like to study because are very good place I am in RWANDA MATHEMATIC,BIOLOGY, CHEMISTRY,SINIOR SIX iwant to study bachor in America please help me.

30. sado ali

October 15, 2015 at 12:08 PM

Hi my name sado ali lam from somalia l graduated secondry school lwant study healh but enough moneyGirlhood:UqaabilsanGirlhood:Uqaabilsan help me tell 2526063340373

31. sado ali

November 5, 2015 at 10:33 AM

My name sado ali fom somalialgraduated hight school lwant to study university but lhave not enough money please help me tel 00252634371447

32. Hasan Siraaj

November 14, 2015 at 7:42 AM

Hi dear,firest of i want to say thanks for you gaven this chance to as.My name is Hasan Siraaj from Ethiopia undergreduate by feld of EBI,so i want to stady farther in relted feld,pleas help me kindely& contact me by phone no.251946958878,thanks

33. drake

November 22, 2015 at 2:30 PM

Hello,after succesfully completing my undergraduate degree programme in a health related field, i would like to proceed to masters. Update On scholarships available @ ugadrake@gmail.com

34. rahel bati

November 26, 2015 at 12:54 PM

im from ethiopia,im under graduated student in electrical &computer engineerig .plaece contact 0915617791