2016/17 Commonwealth Scholarships For Developing Commonwealth Countries Students To Study In UK

11114179_888468411213781_6229263338974621478_n

Commonwealth Scholarships for Master’s and PhD study in the UK are offered for citizens of developing Commonwealth countries. These scholarships are funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID).

commonwealth

Master’s/PhD Degree

Deadline: 19 Nov 2015 (annual)
Study in: UK
Course starts AY 2016-2017

Brief description:

Host Institution(s):

You are requested to apply for a course of study at  UK universities with which the CSC has a part funding agreement.

Level and Field(s) of study:

Masters (one-year courses only) or PhD Programmes in all subject areas at participating UK Universities. The CSC’s selection criteria give priority to those applications that demonstrate strong relevance to development.

Number of Scholarships:

Approximately 300 of these scholarships are awarded each year.

Target group:

The scholarships are targeted to citizens of Developing Commonwealth Countries.

Scholarship value/inclusions:

Each Scholarship provides airfare to and from United Kingdom, tuition and examination fees, personal maintaining allowance, thesis grant (if applicable), initial arrival allowance, among others. Please see the 2016 Commonwealth Scholarship Prospectus for full scholarship benefits.

Eligibility:

To apply for the awards covered in this prospectus, candidates should:

• Be a Commonwealth citizen, refugee, or British protected person
• Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
• Be available to commence their academic studies in the United Kingdom by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2016
• By October 2016, hold a first degree of upper second class Honours standard (or above); or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree).

Application instructions:

The CSC cannot accept any applications direct from candidates for these scholarships. All applications must be made through your nominating agency (or university/university body, if applicable) in your home country. You must check with them in the first instance for their specific advice and rules for applying, and for their own closing date for applications.

You must make your application using the CSC’s Electronic Application System (EAS). Your application must be submitted to and endorsed by one of the approved nominating bodies. Deadline for applications is 19 November 2015.

It is important to read the 2016 Commonwealth Scholarship Prospectus and visit the official website (link found below) to access the EAS system and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.

Website:

Official Scholarship Website: http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/scholarships-developing-cw/

1. Amanuel Asrat

August 22, 2015 at 8:49 AM

this oppotunities are nice for those who cannot cover their college fee like me

2. melkamu senbeta jima

August 25, 2015 at 8:46 AM

I am from east African Country called Ethiopia and i would like to update my self in my fild of health science in masters program.

3. Moein Aman

August 25, 2015 at 5:57 PM

This is a good opportunity for me to get my second degree (master) please cotact me with email:moeinaman@gmail.com 0093795403161

4. ahmed yusuf

August 27, 2015 at 4:25 PM

Hi! Iam Ahmed Yusuf from Ethiopia.Iam 3rd year computer science student at bule hora university. I want to study my remaining year in your country please give me a chance to study in your university email:ahmedyusuf413@gmail.com phone number:0921243913

5. yohanis

August 27, 2015 at 5:20 PM

Hii I am yohanis shube from Ethiopia .I am gratute by sociolog and social Antropology . I want to study in your country so please give me achance to study . conct informetion phone number +251920617314 .email yohanisshunbe@yahoo.com.

6. wendwesen dula

September 4, 2015 at 11:22 AM

iam wendwesen from ethiopa& graduated in biology subject. inorder to learn master degree,my choice is learning in your university. please give an opportunities& contact with email wendwesendula@gmail.com phone number- 0915 62 38 82

7. abrahaley kidane

September 6, 2015 at 10:49 AM

8. abrahaley kidane

September 6, 2015 at 10:50 AM

my name abrahaley kidane & i came from humera ethiopia l have first degree by the department of maths .my phone numeber is 0914142582

9. Ibrahim Roba Bude

September 8, 2015 at 7:03 AM

I am from Ethiopia and graduate in accounting & finance by frist degree, now I need master degree if give me chance.

10. Adisu Bekele

September 9, 2015 at 8:16 PM

My name is Adisu Bekele and I came from east African Country called Ethiopia from Adigrat university and i would like to update my self in my fild of economics in masters program. my cell phone:+251921201633 OR email:adisubekele2007@yahoo.com

11. Adisu Bekele

September 9, 2015 at 8:18 PM

My name is Getahun Hambisa and I came from east African Country called Ethiopia from Adigrat university and i would like to update my self in my fild of economics in masters program. my cell phone:+251936927579

12. Getahun Hambisa

September 9, 2015 at 8:19 PM

My name is Getahun Hambisa and I came from east African Country called Ethiopia from Adigrat university and i would like to update my self in my fild of economics in masters program. my cell phone: +251936927579

13. shamshadin kassim

September 9, 2015 at 8:53 PM

My name is shamshadin kassim. I was graduated from jigjiga unversity in ethiopia by BSC of electrical and computer engineering and I want to upgrade my qualification if I got this opportunity. Please contact me by phone number: +251920905316

14. Mariama mahamoud aw ali

September 10, 2015 at 4:31 AM

My Name Is Mariama Mahamoud Aw Ali Artan It’s My Interest To Have This Scholarship I Have Completed Science High School In Sheikh Ibrahim Secondary School Burao S/land I Would Like To Apply And Join To This University And Also I Would Like To Get Free Full Scholarship University If It’s Possible For You And I Hope You To Accept My Request Please Contact Me 00252634207605 Or 00252659307138 Or Email Mma_Kaafiya@Hotmail.Com Thanks

15. Abilah said

September 10, 2015 at 9:26 AM

Is me abilah said from Tanzania. I would like to be the 1 who will gate a chance to study in the developed country.thanks&Regard.

16. weldetnsae teweldemedhn

September 14, 2015 at 4:30 PM

hi iam weldetnsae from Eritrea. I GRADUATED BY BUSINESS MANAGEMENT BA DEGREE AND AM LOOKING FORWARD MY HIGHER EDUCATION IN YOUR ANY UNIVERSITY AS YOU GIVE OPPORTUNITY . SO AM GLAD TO WAIT WHAT EVER YOU SAY.

17. abdi aziz ali

September 15, 2015 at 12:37 PM

My Name Is abdi aziz ali It’s My Interest To Have This Scholarship I Have Completed Science I Would Like To Apply And Join To This University And Also I Would Like To Get Free Full Scholarship University If It’s Possible For You And I Hope You To Accept My Request Please Contact Me 0935288451

18. Ahmed Abda

September 17, 2015 at 1:23 PM

Me is from Ethiopia my name is Ahmed Abda I’m gradute of 2015 by BA degree of Logistics and Supply Chain Management. now I’m seeking for scholarship at UK university to study my master degree by bussiness related feild of study. you can contact me through my phone no; +251922294935 & my email address; ahmedabda703@gmail.com I hope this is a good opportunity for me

19. Fekadu asefa motuma

September 17, 2015 at 2:28 PM

My name is fekadu asefa I am from Ethiopia I graduated by civil engineering from wollega university I want to study masters degree in USA please contact me with 0922822594.

20. Ibrahim Roba Bude

September 17, 2015 at 9:31 PM

please post information needed on this email and send your email. if I got your email I will attache my educational back ground. thank you for your help me!!!!.

September 18, 2015 at 4:47 AM

My name is hamdi ali isse i was graduate my secondary level i live in somali i want to complete my knowlede in university wanto study bachelor medicine in usa plz accept the student in this year 2015/2016 my number is 252907683483

22. Alhassan Bawa

September 18, 2015 at 5:49 PM

Iam Alhassan Bawa from Ghana i will be grateful if i could get the opportunity to study in your esteem university i graduated in accounting. Please contact me through 0266624967 or the email above

23. zerihun Dendena

September 22, 2015 at 7:45 AM

I have got BSC degree in ACCPF from PSCO /Ethiopia/.so help me how i will start my study at the level of MAS in any business sector.please contact me +251910675162 or E-mail zdendena@gmail.com.