Deadline: 10 Dec 2015 (annual)
The International Leader of Tomorrow Award recognizes international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, recognized achievement in fields of endeavour such as the performing arts, sports, debating or creative writing, or external academic competitions and examinations.
University of British Columbia in Canada
Field of study:
Eligible undergraduate degrees offered by UBC.
Number of Awards:
International Leader of Tomorrow Award-winners receive an award-level commensurate with their financial need as determined by the costs of their tuition, fees and living costs, minus the financial contribution the student and their family can make annually towards these costs.
Award candidates must be nominated by the high school they are currently attending, recently graduated from, or the college/university they are transferring from. To be considered for an International Leader of Tomorrow Award, students must:
• be applying for their first undergraduate degree
• be admissible to the first choice program they are applying to, including meeting UBC’s English Language Admission Standard
• have an excellent academic record (at least an “A” average or equivalent standard)
• be an international student, who is neither a Canadian citizen nor a permanent resident of Canada, and who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian Study Permit (visa)
• demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent them from pursuing a UBC degree
• be entering a UBC undergraduate degree program from a recognized secondary school, college or other university
Award candidates must be nominated by their current school or college/university. UBC does not send nomination packages directly to students. The nomination package can be downloaded at the official website by September 2015.
Nomination packages must be postmarked by 10 December 2015. Nominees must also complete the online application for academic admission to UBC by 10 December 2015 and meet the UBC English Language Admission Requirement by 31 January 2016.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.