Application Deadline: Friday 18 September 2015
The DBREV Trustees are pleased to offer a scholarship towards a two year full time postgraduate degree in the field of Renewable Energy in Africa, to be taken up at a South African University starting in 2016. The aim of the DBREV Trust is to identify, support and mentor bright young people who have a desire to help solve the Energy Poverty challenges of Africa.
The Doug Banks Renewable Energy Vision is a South African initiative aimed at building intellectual capital in the field of Renewable Energy. Dr Doug Banks was a man who was passionate about meeting Africa’s energy challenges through the development of Renewable Energy.
Students in the disciplines of engineering, built environment, technology, science, or law are invited to apply for the 2016 DBREV Scholarship.
- The Scholarship is looking for bright young minds with a passion for making a difference and addressing the problem of Energy Poverty in Africa.
- The Scholarship is to be used towards tuition fees and a living allowance.
- Some additional support for equipment, field trips or conferences may be awarded at the discretion of the Trustees.
- A special feature of this scholarship is the additional opportunity of mentorship by experts in the field, many of whom were colleagues of Dr Doug Banks.
- Selection will be made on the basis of academic merit, together with evident passion and commitment to the use of renewable energy in Africa, especially in relieving Energy Poverty.
- The successful candidate will be expected to help carry forward the vision of the DBREV Trust, and be willing to act as mentor to future DBREV Scholarship recipients.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Doug Banks Renewable Energy Vision Postgraduate Scholarships