Apply For 2016/17 Amelia Earhart Fellowship program For Women

Apply For 2016/17 Amelia Earhart Fellowship program For Women

Application Deadline: 15 November 2015

Course(s) Offered: Aerospace sciences & engineering
Course Level: Graduate (PhD)
Provider: Zonta International
Country to Study in: Any country

Scholarship Description
Established in 1938, the Amelia Earhart Fellowship program helps talented women, pursuing advanced studies in the typically male-dominated fields of aerospace-related sciences and engineering, to achieve their educational goals.

The Fellowship enables these women to invest in state-of-the-art computers to conduct their research, purchase expensive books and resource materials, and participate in specialized studies around the globe.

The Fellowship of US$10,000, awarded to Fellows around the globe each year, may be used at any university or college in the world offering accredited post-graduate courses and degrees.

Women of any nationality pursuing a Ph.D./doctoral degree who demonstrate a superior academic record in the field of aerospace-related sciences or aerospace-related engineering are eligible.

Applicants must be registered in a full-time Ph.D./doctoral program when funds are received in September and must not graduate before April 2017.

Please note that post-doctoral research programs are not eligible for the Fellowship. Members and employees of Zonta International or the Zonta International Foundation are also not eligible to apply for the Fellowship.

Note that previous Amelia Earhart Fellows are not eligible to apply to renew the Fellowship for a second year.

Eligible groups
Citizens of ALL countries are eligible. However, since inception, only women from 70 countries have successfully been awarded fellowships.

Participating Institutions
Fellowships may be used at any university or college in the world offering accredited post-graduate courses and degrees.

Fields of study
Accredited postgraduate doctoral level courses and degrees in the fields of aerospace-related sciences and aerospace-related engineering

Number of awards
Up to 35 Fellows around the globe are awarded each year.

Since the program’s inception, Zonta has awarded 1,473 Amelia Earhart Fellowships, totaling US$9 million, to women from 70 countries.

Sponsorship duration
Fellowships are awarded throughout the period of the doctoral studies

Scholarship benefits
The Fellowship of US$10,000 is awarded annually to 35 Fellows around the globe each year.

Method of Application
The Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellowship Committee reviews the applications and recommends recipients to the Zonta International Board of Directors.

All applicants will be notified of their status by the end of April of the next year following applications.

It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on how to apply to this fellowship.

DEADLINES:
Applications for the 2016 Fellowships must be received or post-marked by 15 November 2015 to be considered.

PLEASE NOTE:
Applications that are incomplete or late due to postal delays will not be considered.

Today, women remain a distinct minority in science and engineering, representing approximately 10 percent of professionals in these fields.

Established in 1938 in honor of famed pilot and Zontian, Amelia Earhart, the Amelia Earhart Fellowship is awarded annually to women pursuing Ph.D./doctoral degrees in aerospace-related sciences or aerospace-related engineering.

Amelia Earhart Fellows have gone on to become astronauts, aerospace engineers, astronomers, professors, geologists, business owners, heads of companies, even Secretary of the US Air Force.

Amelia Earhart Fellowships are made possible by generous contributions to the Zonta International Foundation Amelia Earhart Fellowship Fund.

Contact
For questions, please contact programs@zonta.org

Application Deadline: 15 November 2015
Open to International Applicants: Yes

More Scholarship Information and Application

1. jibril aliyi

August 11, 2015 at 4:49 AM

please help me

2. Omar osman mohamed

August 11, 2015 at 11:49 AM

My names Omar Osman ilive in somalia, iwill like to get a scholarship to study any subject igot

3. saddam Abdi Adar

August 11, 2015 at 6:47 PM

Hello iam ethiopian student i need this scholarship my name is saddam Abdi adar my phone number +251915468875 my Email address saddamabdiadar@ gmail.com Thankz To All

4. Justin kamiza

August 14, 2015 at 6:49 PM

please I need your consideration, am a Malawian boy and I would like to study abroad.

5. TSEGAYE MENBER BELAY

August 16, 2015 at 10:26 AM

I have a B.S.C degree in ELELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING from jimma university,Ethiopia,if u allow me part of this chance,i will be very happy,thank you for your invitation. Phone no.+251920223873,from ETHIOPIA.

6. Clinton afriyie Jefferson

August 18, 2015 at 7:07 PM

I’m Clinton afriyie Jefferson, a Ghanaian and I need your help please

7. ahmed

August 21, 2015 at 5:39 PM

i need your help plz

8. farxaan

August 23, 2015 at 6:32 PM

i need

9. tsion biressaw

August 29, 2015 at 10:51 AM

Am from ethiopia my name is tsion biressaw contact me tsionbiressaw@gmail.com

10. aklesya kinfe

August 29, 2015 at 5:41 PM

I’m aklesya student of Ethiopia and I really want to get scholar at any subject….as am female I think I ll get the priority…thank you….contact me at shewitk12@yahoo.com and +2519 21775668

11. helen gebre

September 2, 2015 at 8:47 AM

12. kisanet

September 2, 2015 at 10:58 AM

hi im kisanet simon from eritrea &i would like to stady abourd plz contact me kisanet.simon@yahoo.com

13. Drs ayaan c/rahman

September 3, 2015 at 12:46 PM

I have batch of medicine if i success to become of your university student plz contact me 25290661236927

14. ermias teklemariam

September 11, 2015 at 12:13 PM

i am ermias teklemariam,am graduate in sociology&socialwork,am from eritrea

15. Michael nganga

September 16, 2015 at 10:04 PM

hiii… am Mike from Kenya, 19yrs old currently at Kenya utalii college pursing certificate in tourism ad hotel management… any assistance am ready upon it.. contact me through 0704399638 for more information thnkx

16. ADUGNA GEBISSA

September 22, 2015 at 9:58 AM

I ‘m looking full scholarship in any department social department business Faculty.

17. haben tekle

October 1, 2015 at 6:15 PM

hi my name is haben tekle from eritrea. i have BA DEGREE ON POLITICAL SCIENCE AND INTERNATIONAL RELATION; and now am seeking for scholarship to continue my carer or study pls help +2917161076

18. Adanech Berecha

October 14, 2015 at 1:06 PM

I’m from Ethiopia I have BA degree in Accounting I want to Learn Masters in any Business Field but i have lack finance Please would you Allow me this Chance? Thank you.

19. abdirauf abdulahi

October 25, 2015 at 7:01 AM

Hello iam ethiopian student i need this scholarship my name is abdirauf abdulahi adarmy phone number 251918748627 my Email address saddamabdiadar@gmail.com please would you allow me this chance thank you

• abdirauf abdulahi

October 25, 2015 at 7:03 AM

Hello iam ethiopian student i need this scholarship my name is abdirauf abdulahi adarmy phone number 251918748627 my Email address abdirauufy@gmail.com please would you allow me this chance thank you

20. merhawi ghirmay

November 3, 2015 at 1:20 PM

I am an Eritrean and I have BA degree in department of chemical engineering.I would like thanks for your co-operation and my telephone number is 0904963317

21. Amelework Tesfaye

February 20, 2016 at 9:50 PM

hello sir/Madam my name is Amelework Tesfaye. I am 28 years old. Thanks a lot for the notice you have informed me to join your scholarship, I’m from Ethiopia and I have first degree in mathematics from Dilla university and I have six years of work experience on related fields and now I am 5th years civil Engineering BSC student in hawassa university, I have interest to continue masters (post graduate) in related field, please help me and my contact address is phone :- +251912059447 or +251925545494 and my e-mail is amelework.tesfaye@yahoo.com. Thank you in advance!

22. noah mussie

April 13, 2016 at 1:22 PM

first of all i would like my great peace full and i wish god be with you my name is noh mussie i m 25 from eritrea I have first degree in electrical and computer engineering! I want to attend my second degree in your university please help me to attend! this is my face book adress noh.mussie90@gmail.com thanks so…much for looking and take chance