The Harry Ransom Center will award approximately 70 Harry Ransom Center Research Fellowships for 2016–2017 for projects that require substantial on-site use of its collections.
‣ The fellowships support research in all areas of the humanities, including literature, photography, film, art, the performing arts, music, and cultural history.
Field(s): Fellowships are awarded for projects that require substantial on-site use of its collections. The fellowships support research in all areas of the humanities, including literature, photography, film, art, the performing arts, music, and cultural history.
Deadline: January 15, 2016
Funded By: The stipends are generously funded by individual donors and organizations, including the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, the Dorot Foundation, the Creekmore and Adele Fath Charitable Foundation, the Carl H. Pforzheimer Endowment, and the Marlene Nathan Meyerson Photography Fellowship Endowment.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Harry Ransom Center Research Fellowships are targeted for United States citizens and foreign nationals are eligible to apply.
‣ No. of awards: The Harry Ransom Center will award approximately 70 fellowships for 2016–2017 for projects that require substantial on-site use of its collections.
Harry Ransom Center Research Fellowships is open for
‣ United States citizens and foreign nationals are eligible to apply. Previous recipients of Ransom Center fellowships are eligible to reapply after two full fellowship cycles have passed.
‣ Applicants for one- to three-month fellowships and travel stipends must have a Ph.D. or be an independent scholar with a substantial record of achievement. If the Ph.D. is in-progress at the time of application, the proposal and letters of recommendation must clearly indicate completion by June 1, 2016.
‣ Applicants for dissertation fellowships must be doctoral candidates engaged in dissertation research by the time of application.
‣ Decisions will be announced by email on March 31, 2016. Fellowship recipients will additionally receive materials related to their award by mail. Queries about applications in process cannot be acknowledged. Fellowship recipients and their research projects will be acknowledged in Ransom Center publicity.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ A complete application consists of a three-page proposal and one or two letters of recommendation as outlined below.
‣ These materials must be uploaded to the Ransom Center’s online application system as PDF files by the application deadline.
‣ To begin your application for a 2016–2017 fellowship, create a fellowship account. Upon successful creation of your account, you will receive your fellowship account number, which you must use to submit your proposal, and which your referee(s) must use to submit the required letter(s) of recommendation.
‣ Please note that information cannot be revised once submitted. Previous applicants for Ransom Center fellowships must create a new account for 2016–2017, as accounts from previous applications cannot be reused.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on January 15, 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.