Japanese Grant Aid for Human Resource Development Scholarship Program (JDS) is to support human resource development of the Japanese grant aid recipient countries. JDS program targets the highly capable young officials (mainly government) who are expected to engage in implementing social and economic development plans as a future leader. JDS Fellows are also expected to contribute to the enhanced bilateral relations between their countries and Japan, with well-rounded knowledge of Japan. JDS program offers 2-year Master’s course at Japanese Universities in English. JDS Fellows will get a special opportunity for directly learning the forefront knowledge in the technological environment as well as for building the wide human networks.
‣ Citizens of Myanmar, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyz Republic, Vietnam, Bangladesh, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Cambodia or Laos
‣ Age limit for Myanmar and Kyrgyz Republic is between 22 and 40, for Uzbekistan, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Cambodia and Laos is between 22 and 39, for Vietnam is between 24 and 39, for Bangladesh is below Forty (40) years old, as of April 1st, 2016 (April 2nd, 1976 and born on/before April 1st, 1994)
‣ Hold a Bachelor Degree.
‣ Have a good command of both written and spoken English.
‣ International TOEFL 500 or equivalent is required.
‣ Mentally and physically in good health
Selection Criteria for Japanese Grant Aid for Human Resource Development Scholarship
‣ In the JDS selections, each candidate will be evaluated on her/his academic abilities enough to pursue the master program in Japan as well as the potential of the future contribution to the country.
‣ Thus, it is highly recommended to explain that the objective of your research plan be in connection with the development issues under applying Component, and to rationalize how the study will be addressed in accordance with the career path, corresponding to the current position and responsibility in the belonging organization.
‣ Successful candidates will be approved by Early March, 2016.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Application Form and the required documents must be submitted by hand or by post.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date : Currently, the applications are open only for Mongolia and Bangladesh. The application deadline for Mongolia is October 16, 2015 and Bangladesh is October 15, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.