Apply For Environmental Fellowship Program at Harvard University – 2016

ssi667

The Harvard University Center for the Environment created the Environmental Fellowship Program at Harvard University Fellows program to enable recent doctorate recipients to use and expand Harvard’s extraordinary resources to tackle complex environmental problems.

‣ The Environmental Fellows will work for two years with Harvard faculty members in any school or department to create new knowledge while also strengthening connections across the University’s academic disciplines.

‣ Candidates for Environmental Fellowship Program at Harvard University should have received their terminal degree between May 2012 and August 2016. (Fellows must have filed their dissertation before starting their appointment in September 2015.)
‣ Candidates with a doctorate or equivalent in any field are eligible, and they may propose research projects in any discipline. Applicants without a Ph.D. may apply if they have studied in fields where the Ph.D. is not the typical terminal degree. All successful candidates will be able to demonstrate experience performing scholarly research.

‣ Each candidate must secure a commitment from one or more Harvard faculty members to serve as a mentor and to provide office or lab space for the two-year fellowship.

‣ Harvard is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. The Center strongly encourages women and minorities to apply.

‣ Candidates may have received their degrees at any university in the world. Foreign nationals are eligible for fellowships, though study at Harvard generally requires proficiency in English.

‣ Candidates who received terminal degrees from Harvard, and post-docs currently working at Harvard are eligible for the fellowship provided their research and host arrangements take them in new directions and forge new connections within the University. Harvard candidates should not propose to continue to work with the same professors or lab groups with whom they are currently associated. No candidate should propose to work extensively with his or her thesis advisor.

‣ Successful candidates should be prepared to commit to work at Harvard for the full two years of the fellowship. This fellowship requires residency in the Cambridge area and any fieldwork trip must be scheduled for the summer or January recess.

Selection criteria for Environmental Fellowship Program at Harvard University

Applicant’s prior academic and professional success and his or

her potential contribution to scholarship or practice
‣ Project significance: the potential impact of the research project on scholarship at Harvard and on environmental problems

‣ Diversity: The selection committee will select a group of fellows in 2016 who will complement those selected the previous year, creating a group of approximately 13 men and women with diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds and a diverse set of academic interests and skills. The ideal group would include fellows working with host faculty members at every one of Harvard’s professional schools and many of the departments overseen by the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. Recipients—and hosts—may include people with degrees in the sciences, economics, law, government, public policy, public health, medicine, design, and the full array of humanities. Their research topics will be equally varied.

‣ Interdisciplinary research projects are encouraged, although this is not a requirement for the fellowship. Candidates with interests in a single discipline are encouraged to apply.

‣ Host’s commitment: the host faculty member’s enthusiasm for the proposed project and fellow, the host’s ability to mentor the fellow, and his or her ability to provide office space and a productive work environment.

Notification:

The Center will notify applicants to confirm receipt of a complete application.

Scholarship Application Method

Applications are submitted via online.

‣ Please complete the following form and attach the relevant supporting documents as PDFs:

‣ curriculum vitae including list of publications.

‣ detailed research proposal, maximum of five pages, references counted separately. Within the proposal, applicants should explain their reasons for applying to a Harvard residential environmental fellowship.

Note: While applicants should discuss the proposal with their potential faculty hosts, the final product should clearly be the work of the applicant.

‣ up to three publications/writing samples.
‣ Three letters of reference, including one from the applicant’s dissertation adviser.

‣ A letter of support is also required from the applicant’s host committing to serve as a mentor and explaining his or her commitment to the proposed research, including the provision of office or lab space and any financial commitments.

‣ Applicants are encouraged to ask their referees and hosts to email letters of reference as PDFs or, if necessary, as Word documents attached to the emails. Referees and hosts should send their letters directly to the attention of Jean Gauthier at the Center at environmental_fellows-at-harvard.edu.

Scholarship Applications are due on January 13, 2016.

‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website

‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.

For more Information about Environmental Fellowship Program at Harvard University

1. eshetie zewdu

August 28, 2015 at 9:19 AM

i have first degree in water resource and irrigation management please contact me+251-914822679.

2. Abdissa

September 3, 2015 at 9:24 AM

I have first degree in Economics and second degree in Urban management please contact me with +251913967883

3. Francis Chaguza

September 3, 2015 at 11:40 AM

First degree in Nursing and Midwifery

4. Iyasu mose

September 4, 2015 at 11:18 AM

I am a water supply and enviromental engineering 3rd year student at hawassa university and i want to get u’r scolarship please help me….

5. Mengesha tadele

September 4, 2015 at 11:22 AM

I have LLB degree in law

6. Birhanu Assefa

September 4, 2015 at 11:46 AM

I am graduate by Urban Environment and climate change management(MSc) from one of the known university in Ethiopia, and I need to continue my education level, please I need your help in sponsor of scholarship,+2510912209146

7. Hailu araya

September 4, 2015 at 6:33 PM

I have Bsc degree In Enviromental Science from Hawassa University,Ethiopia and I would like to continue My Msc Programe in this field In the way of Sponser scholarship please help me and contact me +251 0913885741

8. Wakissah wezzie mwandenga

September 10, 2015 at 8:40 AM

Iam from Malawi,wrote my MSCE in 2014 and got a 3 in mathematics,2 in Biology,3 in english,4 in geography and physical science aswell as agriculture.I really need this course, you can contact me on 0888340870 and 0881444926

9. Wakissah wezzie mwandenga

September 10, 2015 at 8:46 AM

+265881444926 is my contact please i really need this scholarship

10. Haile Abebe

September 12, 2015 at 7:27 PM

I am graduated in BSc degree in natural resource management with cummulative GPA 3.94 and i would like to interested to continiue my MSc in my field of speciallization with a sponsered scholarship posion. Please contact me by this address +251919150686 or +251912376697 in addition with my facebook address haile.abebe.794@facebook.com

11. Mohammed Ahmed

September 15, 2015 at 12:13 PM

My name is Mohammed Ahmed I have BA degree in Sociology and Social Work from Ambo University in Ethiopia.i am very interest in the follow the scholarship pls contact me by this phone No +251920456815 mamexiqo@yahoo.com

• Anonymous

September 15, 2015 at 2:35 PM

i am graduated from university of addis ababa in sociology and social anthropology.i am very much interested in the issues of environment and pursuing my education in such a field is my first choice. contact me with phone number +251911734940 jemil.

12. Asefa Lemma Begna

September 15, 2015 at 3:28 PM

I’m graduated from Dilla University by Geology BSc.I’m interest do work HYDROGEOLOGY MSc.Contact With ME phone number +125926048976

13. shamali ali

September 16, 2015 at 3:24 PM

my name shamali ali i am gratuated for high school secondary level in somalia specialy state of puntland i am interest for the follow seeking schoolership please contact this number +252907716606

14. Alkadir yibrie Abdie

September 18, 2015 at 4:18 AM

I have Bsc degree in water Resource and Irrigation management from Gondar University in Etioipia. Please contact 0918155777

15. Muzemil bedewi mohammed

September 20, 2015 at 2:51 AM

I am muzemil bedewi & have BSc in natural resource management phone +251926723220

16. Shuaib Abdulaahi Ali Hosh

September 21, 2015 at 11:38 AM

my name is shuaib, i live in somalia. i finished my high school, so i like to get in this apportunity p/z contact me “”hodoon455@hotmail.com””

September 23, 2015 at 7:12 AM

My name is shuaib, i like to get in this apportunity. p/z contact me “”Hodoon455@hotmail.com””

18. jundi jobo

September 24, 2015 at 1:40 PM

my name is jundi jobo i have BSc by water supply and environment engineering I like to get this apportunity p/s contact me “jobo jundi @gailm. com “