Apply For UMAPS Scholarship 2015 For Africans

female_student_at_commencement_4003

Application Deadline: October 15 2015

The University of Michigan African Presidential Scholars Program (UMAPS) brings early career faculty from universities in Ghana, Liberia, South Africa, and Uganda to Ann Arbor for residencies lasting up to six months. Scholars are paired with a faculty mentor during their stay and have full access to U-M’s resources to further their work on a research project, an academic degree, publications, grant proposal, or other relevant activity.

The program supports the development of the next generation of African scholars by integrating them into international academic networks, and it internationalizes U-M by generating research and teaching collaborations across diverse disciplines, from engineering to African literature.

Eligibility Requirements:

Eligibility Requirements for ALL applicants:

• Preference given to early career faculty who have taught in the higher education system for less than ten years
  • Applicants may or may not have received their PhD

Specific Eligibility Requirement for Applicants from:

GHANA, LIBERIA, SOUTH AFRICA OR UGANDA:

• Must be a faculty member of a college or university in Ghana, Liberia, South Africa or Uganda.
  • Completion of online form and submission of all required supporting documents.

OTHER AFRICAN COUNTRIES:

• Direct applications are not accepted from applicants from countries other than Uganda, Ghana, Liberia and South Africa. Direct applications from applicants from countries other than Uganda, Ghana, Liberia and South Africa will be disregarded

Scholarship Worth:

• African scholars will be provided with round-trip airfare from their home country to Ann Arbor, Michigan
  • Scholars will receive a stipend to cover living, housing, and research expenses during their tenure at the University of Michigan
  • Scholars will begin their residency in late August
  • Each scholar will be asked to give a presentation on their work during the residency
  • The scholarship may be combined with other scholarships or funds to support an extended stay

It is expected that the scholar’s home institution will continue to pay the scholar’s academic salary during the duration of the fellowship.

Application Process:

Applicants must submit:

• A completed online application form
  • A curriculum vitae
  • A letter of support from the head of department, dean, or vice chancellor at the applicant’s home institution (an online questionnaire will be sent to the applicant’s endorser upon receipt of the applicant’s completed application form; endorser must complete the questionnaire and upload the letter of support online)
  • A scholarly program proposal, not to exceed five pages (see Guidance on the Research Proposal)

Apply Online Now for the University of Michigan African Presidential Scholars Program

For More Information:

Visit the Official Webpage of the University of Michigan African Presidential Scholars Program

1. mohamed rashid hassan

August 18, 2015 at 8:52 AM

I need scholarship for undergraduate African students, the course of civil engineering. plz helpme for that.

2. Husein macalin

August 18, 2015 at 12:57 PM

Good I would like to participate you university

3. kayhaan

August 18, 2015 at 5:07 PM

بسیار است ما هم میخواهیم که تا انگلیسی یاد بیگریم چطور میتوانیم ثبت کنیم ؟

4. Innocent

August 18, 2015 at 6:14 PM

I would like to apply the scholarship! I am desire in the field of engineering! Am available on this contact +250728362406

5. Mohammed abdulaah sahal

August 19, 2015 at 10:39 AM

I am somali student and African student so I need this scholar ship please help me My phone number is 252634644479/252659350789 My email is maax4644@gmail.com

6. Tesfaye Fanta

August 19, 2015 at 1:17 PM

Please accept my request! I need Masters in Maths.

7. solomon

August 23, 2015 at 9:32 PM

I’m from ethiopia.I’m 3rd year engineering student. so I need this scholarship please help me

8. solomon

August 23, 2015 at 9:34 PM

my email is stsegaye43@yahoo.com

9. seifu woldekidan

August 28, 2015 at 11:26 AM

dear all greetings!!! my name is Seifu Woldekidan from Addis abeba ,Ethiopia. I have an LLB degree from haramaya university, Ethiopia. I have a great interest to continue my post graduate education. accordingly, please get in touch of me through my e-mail address seifman468@gmail.com all the progresses in this regard. with very best regards seifu

10. Befikadu

August 29, 2015 at 2:47 PM

251921374679

11. minte mekuria

August 29, 2015 at 8:21 PM

am construction technology and management student in Ethiopian university

12. my name is tamiru yigezu

August 31, 2015 at 7:14 PM

I am 4th year civil engineering student in Ethiopia please accept my request

13. Abi Fikadu

September 4, 2015 at 11:49 AM

Wow nice pls help me i want to learn. I’m gratuated in degree civil engineering! Pho.+251920957800

14. Hailu araya

September 7, 2015 at 11:21 AM

I have bsc in Enviromental Science and I would like to continue Msc programe In GIS Technology i am eger on this feild and I hope u give me the chance, please help me and contact me with +2510913885741 and e-mail Hailu Araya @yahoo.com thanks for Ur consideration Urs sincerely Hailu Araya

15. Mohammed Ahmed

September 7, 2015 at 3:43 PM

My name is Mohammed Ahmed I have BA degree in sociology and Social work from Ambo University in Ethiopia. i am very interest to follow the scholarship pls contact me by this phone No +251920456815 mamexiqo@yahoo.com

16. kadar

September 7, 2015 at 11:24 PM

I have diploma at animal Science and I would like to continue Msc programe In GIS Technology i am eger on this feild and I hope u give me the chance, please help me and contact me with sacidkadar@gmail.com

17. hailemariam kalayou

September 17, 2015 at 12:39 PM

my name is hailemariam kalayou i am ETHIOPIAN I graduated from wollo university kombolcha institute of technology by department of MECHANICAL ENGINEERING I Want To study on your institute by ma department so plz contact me by my email hymolkalayou82@gmail.com phone number 251914297516 or 251938767883

18. khadar saed

September 17, 2015 at 11:33 PM

my name is kadar saed I am Somali I would to give a chance to get this please help I like economy

19. Mustapha

September 23, 2015 at 7:35 AM

I am in secondary level yet, but I need to study more pls I need ur help these are my phone numbers 08084107363 & 07038286194