2015 Field Museum fellowships At University of Chicago, USA

2015 Field Museum fellowships At University of Chicago, USA

A limited number of Field Museum fellowships are available for graduate students engaged in dissertation research associated with the Museum. These fellowships provide stipend support. For 2015, two fellowships are available, both in the amount of $30,000. One stipend is for students enrolled in the Committee on Evolutionary Biology (CEB) training program at the University of Chicago, and this stipend is restricted to US citizens. The second stipend is from the Field Museum’s Women’s Board and is given to a female graduate student.

• Applications open: December 7, 2015, 12:01am CST
  • Application deadline: January 30, 2016, 11:59pm CST
  • Letter of reference deadline: January 30, 2016, 11:59pm CST
  • Awards announced: February 24, 2016
  • Awardee accept / decline deadline: March 5, 2016
  • Start date: September 1, 2016

Candidates applying for either fellowship must have a formal involvement with the Museum; a Field Museum curator must serve as member or chair on the student’s academic committee, and the research should rely heavily upon the collections and facilities of the Museum. Students must be in residence in the Chicago area and are expected to spend a significant portion of their research time at the Museum for the duration of the fellowship. Eligible graduate students must have completed the preliminary examination. The period of appointment is one year and starts on September 1st. Applicants must contact the sponsoring curator well in advance of the application deadline.

Applicants who have been awarded a Field Museum fellowship by the scholarship committee previously are not eligible to apply for a second fellowship.

Applications require descriptions of

• The proposed research (1-2 pages, double-spaced), including its purpose and significance and the relevance of Field Museum’s collections to the project
  • Collaboration(s) with Field Museum curators, if any
  • Procedures and methods used in the project

Statements should be written in a way that highlights the importance and potential impact of the planned project and is understandable to a broader audience beyond specialists in the relevant field. The description of the proposed research should contain a brief chapter explaining how it relates to the overall PhD program of the applicant, but should otherwise be specific to the project planned during the duration of the 1-year fellowship. While the quality of the science of the proposal and its feasibility and relevance to the Museum’s collections and research are the single most important criteria to evaluate a proposal, the narrative should also spark excitement about the project.

A current full Curriculum Vitae (in English), which includes names and contact information of two references in addition to your Field Museum sponsor must be uploaded with the application (pdf or doc formats only). A copy of your thesis proposal must be uploaded as supplemental material with the application.

One letter of reference is required. In the on-line application, you must designate the e-mail address of at least one non-Field Museum referee, who will receive an e-mail from the Field Museum requesting to upload a recommendation letter on your behalf. The recommendation letter must be received at Field Museum no later than 10 days after the application deadline. Please discuss your application with your referee and allow sufficient time for the referee to submit his/her letter of support.

After your packet is completed, the scholarship committee will contact your sponsoring curator with instructions regarding endorsing your application.

ONLINE APPLICATION

More info and official scholarship website

1. yihanew misasew

September 7, 2015 at 10:15 AM

my name is yihanew misasew, i am graduated from jimma university institute of technology and i want to upgrade my qualification if i get this opportunity pls contact me email,yihanewmisasew@gmail.com phone no,+251918374974

2. Mariama mahamoud aw ali

September 7, 2015 at 10:34 AM

My Name Is Mariama Mahamoud Aw Ali Artan It’s My Interest To Have This Scholarship I Have Completed Science High School In Sheikh Ibrahim Secondary School Burao S/land I Would Like To Apply And Join To This University And Also I Would Like To Get Free Full Scholarship University If It’s Possible For You And I Hope You To Accept My Request Please Contact Me 00252634207605 Or 00252659307138 Or Email Mma_Kaafiya@Hotmail.Com Thanks

3. ISRAEL ADMASU EJIGU

September 9, 2015 at 3:34 PM

hello. my name is Israel admasu. I am graduated from unity university. I want to upgrade my qualification and I would like to apply and join to this university and I would like to get free full scholarship university if it’s possible for you. I hope you will accept my request. thank you . Please contact me 251911363981 or 251911691160 email-shisweit02@gmail.com

4. kedir jemal mumed

September 17, 2015 at 1:19 PM

it is with great lucky to hear this chance, I am kedir jemal mumed & I graduated from Haramaya University with BA Degree in Accounting and Finance in this year and I interested to expending my professional horizons by seeking new challenges in the financing industry as I continue to pursue my ACCA certification. This has presented me with a diverse range of issues that have allowed me to develop my problem solving skills while effectively working with a verity of different people. so, I need this scholarship to study my masters in any related specialization regarding with my academic background relevent. for more information I attached my phone No:+251915123285 or +251910000266 & my E-mail: kedir3375@gmail.com

5. Lelisa Anbessa Dinka

September 20, 2015 at 9:20 AM

Hello dear! My name is Lelisa Anbessa Dinka from Ethiopia. I graduated by bsc degree in civil engineering from jimma university. I need to study my ms degree with related field at your university. If get this golden chance please inform me by +251917227413 or anbessalalisa@yahoo.com

6. Hamdi ali isse

September 20, 2015 at 11:17 AM

My name is hamdi ali isse i live in somali i want to study medicine i f you succes plz contact me my number is 252907683483 thnk you my teacher scholar ship

7. Nahom mehari

September 20, 2015 at 9:54 PM

My name nahom mehari iwas graduted from mekelle unversity in history and heritage mangment and i want to learn poltical and international relation +251921721805 and +251911193209 thank you

8. Doyinsola Muhammed

September 21, 2015 at 1:40 PM

Hello.my name is doyinsola muhammed from nigeria.i hv my high sch certificate and wace results.i would love to furthermore my education,i would like to apply for this schorlarship,i want to study accountancy,please help me:)here are my numbers 2348163863871 or 23471224968.thank u for this great oppourtunity.God bless you abundantly:)

9. Doyinsola Muhammed

September 21, 2015 at 1:41 PM

Hello.my name is doyinsola muhammed from nigeria.i hv my high sch certificate and wace results.i would love to furthermore my education,i would like to apply for this schorlarship,i want to study accountancy,please help me:)here are my numbers 2348163863871 or 2348171224968.thank u for this great oppourtunity.God bless you abundantly:)

10. Asefa Lemma

September 21, 2015 at 4:25 PM

I was graduated from Ethiopia University by geology B.Sc.I contineuos M.Sc by Hydrogeology.contact with me by email asefalemma22@gmail.com & +251926048976

11. Asefa Lemma

September 21, 2015 at 4:27 PM

I was graduated from Ethiopia University by geology B.Sc.I contineuos M.Sc by Hydrogeology.contact with me by addres email asefalemma22@gmail.com & phone +251926048976

• c/rizaaq aadan maxamed

October 4, 2015 at 11:32 AM

my name is. c/rizaaq aadan maxamed I live in muqdisho i finished my high school certificate and wace results.i would love to furthermore my education,i would like to apply for this schorlarship,i want to study a good educations ,please help me:)here are my numbers : +252618349623

12. c/rizaaq aadan maxamed

October 4, 2015 at 11:29 AM

13. adi sabri

October 5, 2015 at 1:03 PM

i have bsc degrés in computer sciences i want to upgrade it w ith help of god contact me adisabrimtu@gmail. com

14. Zakarie abdinasir

October 5, 2015 at 3:26 PM

May name zakarie abdinasir i am somali i complete high school i need to scholarship may parent have not money which to study university there fore please and please help me may phone number +252907359377 or email sakariye2500@gmail.com

15. Alkadir yibrie Abdie

October 5, 2015 at 5:47 PM

My name is Alkadir yibrie Abdie from Ethiopia, I have Bsc degree in water resource and Irrigation management from Gondar University in Etioipia. Please contact 0918155777

16. Zewdu Teshome

November 25, 2015 at 9:25 AM

I am Zewdu Teshome from Ethiopia and I was graduated from Haramaya university in BSc degree of Hydraulic Engineering. Therefore, I want to study this scholarship in USA. Please contact me by phone no 0913491005 or email zewduteshome82@gmail.com. Thank you for your kindness and I am waiting you to inform me.

17. Asaph

November 25, 2015 at 11:25 AM

Hello, My name is Asaph Ayenew and I’m living in Ethiopia . I’m first year engenering student in Deber berhan university. I always seek to get a scholarship in engenering science.I want to change my self through your education. I swear scholarship is my dream. I’m looking opportunity like this every single day of my life. Please contact me my email address is asaphaye@gmail.com My phone number is +251922370535 I hope to get reply from you. Thanks. Trust me I can do this.

18. Abdirahman

December 15, 2015 at 7:41 PM

plz give a scholarship becouse i meed it as i need the water