2016 Commonwealth Split-site (PhD) Scholarships For All Students Worldwide, UK

ss common

Application Deadline: 23.59 (GMT) on 19 November 2015

Commonwealth Split-site (PhD) Scholarships are offered for citizens of developing Commonwealth countries. These scholarships are funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), with the aim of contributing to the UK’s international development aims and wider overseas interests, supporting excellence in UK higher education, and sustaining the principles of the Commonwealth.

High-quality graduates who have the potential to become influential leaders, teachers, or researchers in their home countries, and whose proposed research has a developmental and leadership focus.

Your application must be made in the context of a departmental/institutional link with a UK university already in operation or currently under negotiation.

Applications without supporting statements from both your home country supervisor and your proposed UK supervisor will be considered ineligible.

To apply for these scholarships, you must:

• Be a Commonwealth citizen, refugee, or British protected person
  • Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
  • Be registered for a PhD at a university in your home country
  • Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2016
  • By October 2016, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree)

Scholarship Worth:

Each scholarship provides:
  • Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (the CSC will not reimburse the cost of fares for dependants, nor usually the cost of journeys made before your award is finally confirmed)
  • Approved tuition and examination fees
  • Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,034 per month, or £1,268 per month for those at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2015-2016 levels)
  • Thesis grant towards the cost of preparing a thesis or dissertation, where applicable
  • Warm clothing allowance
  • Study travel grant towards the costs of study-related travel within the UK or overseas
  • If you are widowed, divorced, or a single parent, child allowance of £444 per month for the first child, and £109 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your children and solely legally responsible for them

Selection process

Once received by the CSC, each candidate’s application is first considered by a member of the CSC’s panel of advisers with expertise in the subject area concerned, and then by the CSC’s selection committee in competition with other candidates.

Applications are considered according to the following selection criteria:

• Academic merit of the candidate
  • Quality of the proposal
  • Potential impact of the work on the development of the candidate’s home country

For More Information:

Visit the Official Webpage of the Commonwealth Split-site (PhD) Scholarships 2016 for citizens of developing Commonwealth countries

1. Jonathan NDINGA

September 19, 2015 at 1:44 PM

Hi my name is Jonathan Ndinga and I really need this scholarship to improve my knowledge, I have a hight school diploma. This is my number +256755665426, and my email adress joendinga03@gmail.com

2. Uwampojeje Divine

September 19, 2015 at 7:08 PM

i need your scloraship just to run more and increase my knowledge!thank you

3. Hinsarmu Bogale

September 19, 2015 at 8:58 PM

Dear all ! Hinsarmu Bogale my name is Hinsarmu Bogale from Ethiopia. I am graduated from Hawassa university in business management. I want to join your university if I get chance.please contact me via hinsermu20001@gmail.com

4. Mahamuud Yusuf Ali

September 19, 2015 at 8:59 PM

To:Commonwealth Split-site University From: I’m somalia students i need this Scholarship, i want to improve my knowledge please i ask you to help me Tell: 00252615403013 Thanks

5. mustapha mohammed

September 20, 2015 at 5:05 PM

my name is mustapha mohammed from Ghana please I want a scholarship to improve my knowledge and this my number +233 0541656556

6. kefalu adare

September 21, 2015 at 9:32 PM

if i’ll get i wush too

7. kefalu adare

September 21, 2015 at 9:38 PM

if i’ll get i wush too my phone no +251910078549

8. Omar Gingally

October 8, 2015 at 11:41 PM

my name is Omar Gingally from the Gambia. I am interesting for this scholarship. By 2016 june would sit for West African Senior Secondary Certificate Education,after this i would like to study in uk so as to gain enough skill

9. Zewdu Teshome

November 23, 2015 at 11:02 AM

my name is Zewdu Teshome from Ethiopia and I was graduated from Haramaya university in BSc degree of Hydraulic Engineering. Therefore, I want to study this scholarship .Please contact me by phone no 0913491005 or email zewduteshome82@gmail.com. Thank you for your kindness and I am waiting you to inform me.

10. Aklilu Ermias

December 23, 2015 at 8:16 PM

my name is Aklilu Ermias from i have bachelor of accountin rifft vally unversity in 2014.i’m to searching so many time this scholarship to learn masters programme. please contact my email hambo3durame@gmail.com my phone line 0916621325.best regards!!

11. abdinasir omar

December 29, 2015 at 8:54 PM

Hello dear sir and madam my name is abdinasir Omar abdi I got finish my secondry education at star primary and secondry school in somalia with an average of 91% i want to get scholarship because my country has no high quality education of bachelor degree I want to be helped for healthy science scholarship I would be appropriate contact abdinasiromar0@gmail.com or telephone no:+252616734997 I wish to be assisted thank you