2016 FMI Doctoral Scholarship For International Students At University of Basel in Switzerland

ss fmi

The Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research invites applications from students for the international PhD program in affiliation with the University of Basel in Switzerland. The duration of PhD course is 4 years. Applicants from all nations with a Master degree or equivalent are eligible for this international PhD program. The FMI provides financial support to graduate students in accordance with the scale of the Swiss National Science Foundation. The applications deadline is November 30, 2015.

Fellowships are awarded for basic research in biology with a focus in epigenetics, neurobiology and mechanisms of cancer.

Worth of Award

The FMI provides financial support to graduate students in accordance with the scale of the Swiss National Science Foundation. Income is generous relative to international standards for PhD students.

• To be accepted for graduate studies at the Friedrich Miescher Institute, applicants must hold a university degree that would formally qualify them to enter a PhD or equivalent program in their home country (MSc., Diploma, DEA etc.).
  • US applicants with only a Bachelor must have successfully completed courses in Biophysics and must have laboratory experience leading to a research thesis.
  • Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: US and International applicants are eligible for this PhD fellowship.

How to Apply: Please fill in the online application form. Please note that this information and relevant documents will be distributed within the FMI for assessment.

Deadline: The application deadline is November 30, 2015. (There are two deadlines each year in May and November). A shortlist of candidates will be invited for interviews in June and January, respectively.

Click here for more details and to apply

1. zerihun dendena

September 22, 2015 at 1:21 PM

I have got BSC degree in ACC from PSCO/Ethiopia. so if you give me chance i want to study at scholarship the MASTER degree in any business sector. please contact me +251910675162 or e-mail zdendena@gmail.com. thanks for your attention.

2. Solomon seife mikael

September 22, 2015 at 7:35 PM

Pleace!contact me on solomon2147@gmail.com.

3. Shamshadin kassim omer

September 22, 2015 at 9:30 PM

My name is Shamshadin Kassim Omer. I was graduated from jigjiga university, Ethiopia by BSC of electrical & computer engineering. please help me to get scholarship for masters degree related to electrical & computer engineering (communication stream). please contact me by Phone number: +251920905316. Email: shadokassim@gmail.com

4. shifera gebeyehu

October 8, 2015 at 2:19 PM

my name is shifera gebeyehu wechefo in this time am study at Adigrat university by other health science am want this scholarship because am want to study a docuter. email shifeg3@gmail.com

5. kelil

October 11, 2015 at 5:09 AM

i need to learn MD

6. Zakarie abdinasir

October 19, 2015 at 4:05 PM

May name zakarie abdinasir i am somali i need to scholarship becouse i complete high school there fore may parent have not money which to joined university please and please help me may phone number +252907359377 or email sakariye2500@gmail.com

7. dawit

October 19, 2015 at 10:08 PM

it is ,dawit having bsc degree in clinical pharmacisy ,from ethiopia addis ababa

8. dawit

October 19, 2015 at 10:09 PM

clinical pharmacist from etiopia

9. Zubeer huseen

October 22, 2015 at 1:56 PM

Hi my name is zubeer hussein i live in mogadisho I studied secondary at imaam shaafi’ school i want bacholar degree of IT plz contact me my no:+252615678273 Or E-mail:zubeer4u@hotmail.com

10. Boru sadik

December 8, 2015 at 9:12 PM

Hello dear sir/madam my name is boru sadik i have bsc degree in water resource and environmental engineering from haramaya university of ethiopia,if i got this precious opportunity i want to learn Msc degree in your university pls contact me via phone,+251912998340 or email:borusadik3@gmail.com