2016 Hansen Summer Institute on Leadership and International Cooperation, USA

ss hansen

Application Deadline:

Non-US students – January 4, 2016

US Students – February 15, 2016

Program Dates: June 29 – July 25, 2016* (*these dates are tentative)

The Hansen Summer Institute on Leadership and International Cooperation is an exciting international program funded by a generous grant from the Fred J. Hansen Foundation. Six Hansen Summer Institutes took place in San Diego, California between 2007 and 2015. The Institute provides a unique University-based leadership experience and program in international cooperation. For three weeks, young American men and women joined students from a variety of developing countries and regions of social strife.

The Hansen Summer Institute will host its next group of young leaders in July 2016 at the University of San Diego School of Leadership and Education Sciences (SOLES).

A primary goal of the program focuses on creating an international community of young scholars who will use their summer experience as a foundation for creating lasting friendships and acquiring common practical understanding of a more peaceful future. Program elements will involve classroom instruction and hands-on training in the latest techniques of conflict resolution, mediation, and inter-cultural management. Classroom training will complement local excursions to San Diego historical attractions and cultural events including a fourth of July parade, a Padres baseball game, and a harbor cruise.

Hansen Summer Institute training aims to provide participants a “leadership toolbox” for resolving conflict and building a better future for their respective countries.

Eligibility Requirements:

• Upper division undergraduate with 2 years of college/university or graduate student with a professional interest in international relations, diplomacy, international economic development or related studies.
  • Student must be between the ages of 20-25 on July 1, 2016.
  • Must have demonstrated leadership potential outside of the classroom in the community, nation or region.
  • Have an academic advisor verify the candidate’s English proficiency.
  • Have a valid international passport with US visa if necessary by the time the program begins.
  • Preference will be given to those who have never visited the United States.

E-Mail: Bonnie Lamb at blamb@sandiego.edu.

Apply Now for the 2016 Hansen Summer Institute on Leadership and International Cooperation

For More Information:

Visit the Official Webpage of the Hansen Summer Institute on Leadership and International Cooperation

1. Shemshadin kassim omer

September 17, 2015 at 9:00 PM

My name Shamshadin Kassim Omer.I have BSc degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering.please help me to get scholarship for masters degre relate to electrical & computer engineering (communication stream). contact me by phone number +251920905316 or Email:shadokassim@gmail.com

2. Dembane kebe

September 18, 2015 at 5:31 AM

Hello! my name is Dembane kebe i am a senegalese and a scholar at the cheikh Anta Diop University of Dakar senegal west Africa i have my degree of licence in african civilisations and i would like to be part of your institute i speak many languages such as french, english, spanish and others please i want to continue my studies and have different degrees abroad please help me to get this scholarship

3. Doyinsola Muhammed

September 21, 2015 at 1:09 PM

Hi my name is doyinsola muhammed,i’m from nigeria.i hv my high sch certificate and degree.i would loved to part of the people for the scholarship,please help me get schorlarship for accounting in university.here are my numbers 2348163863871 or 2348171224968.may God bless u as u help me:)

4. mohammed

September 28, 2015 at 3:50 PM

l want postguraduation

5. Nour

September 29, 2015 at 3:47 PM

mmy name is nur abdirizak i want this opportunity my email is nuryare@live.com 0r contact me +251915401661 i hope you a positive reply

6. Geremew Lega Gebeyehu

September 30, 2015 at 10:54 AM

I am Geremew Lega Gebeyehu from Africa, Ethiopia. First i would like to express my happiness by getting this chance from you. I was gratuated by Economics field of study on july 2015. I have 2.85 GPA and for more information you can contact me via phone number 0925513258. Thank you…

7. Alkadir yibrie Abdie

September 30, 2015 at 12:35 PM

I have Bsc degree in water resource and Irrigation management from Gondar University in Etioipia. Please contact 0918155777

8. zerinun Dendena

September 30, 2015 at 2:42 PM

i have BSC degree in ACC from PSCO university in Ethiopia. so i want to start the master degree in any field of business sector. please contact me +251910675162 or e-mail zdendena55@ggmail.com

9. Siraj Endrie

September 30, 2015 at 8:30 PM

l have my LLB degree in Law and I would like to study masters in any fields related to law. So, please help me to get this chance. contact address +251960775212 and email : sirajendrie6@gmail.com.

10. Melaku Tesfaye

October 6, 2015 at 2:00 PM

I have Eectricity and competisienal science diploma from AATPTC and KUC in Ethiopya.so i want to start the degre in Eletrical and mechanical enginering field pleas contact me +251913672236 or G mail tesfayemelak202@gmail.com

11. Hadamo Abute Fune

October 6, 2015 at 7:10 PM

I am Hadamo Abute Fune from Africa, Ethiopia. First i would like to express my happiness by getting this chance from you. I was graduated inEducational planning and management on June 2016. I have 3.81 GPA and for more information you can contact me via phone number+2510910588819. Thank you…

12. Mumtaaz

October 7, 2015 at 3:36 PM

My name mumtaaz I am now last year in highschool I won’t to get this chance and think’s u all

13. Tikuye Belay

October 8, 2015 at 10:24 PM

I have BA degree in management, if that is possible to get information how to apply please reply me via my email address /tikuye95@gmail.com|

14. ishimwe patience

December 4, 2015 at 4:24 AM

my names is ishimwe patience from Rwanda thanks for that scholarship I was finish secandry schools in option of PCB physics chemistry and Biology help me for that scholarship contact+250725686900 E-mail ishipatie2020@yahoo.com thanks.

15. Dejene tolossa

December 23, 2015 at 6:38 AM

My name is dejene tolossa . I have BA on animal science . I would like to msc on your university.

16. Dejene tolossa

December 23, 2015 at 6:55 AM

My name is Dejene tolossa from Ethiopia.I have BA on animal science from samara university. So i would like to take msc in your scholarship university. If i get this chance contact me by emaii address dajenetoli2015@gmail.com.