2016 Volkswagen Foundation Fellowships for international students At Harvard University, USA

ss volks

The Weatherhead Initiative on Global History (WIGH) at Harvard University is offering Fellowships for international students. This fellowship is funded by a grant from the Volkswagen Foundation. WIGH Fellows are appointed for one year and are provided time, guidance, office space, and access to Harvard University facilities. Fellows will receive an annual stipend of up to $50,000, according to fellows’ needs. The application deadline is December 15, 2015.

Study Subject(s): Fellowships are provided to learn any of the courses offered by the Harvard University in USA.
Course Level: This is a one year residential fellowship at Harvard University.
Scholarship Provider: Volkswagen Foundation
Scholarship can be taken at: USA

Eligibility: The competition for these awards is open only to scholars with a PhD (or comparable professional school degree). If still pursuing the PhD, WIGH Fellows must receive their degree no later than May 2016. There is no limit on time since submission of the candidate’s degree; we are open to candidates at various stages of their careers. They expect that candidates will be able to submit samples of independent work (articles, papers, dissertation chapters) in support of their candidacies on request. The WIGH Fellowship is residential and Fellows are expected to live in the Cambridge/Boston area for the duration of their appointments unless traveling for pre-approved research purposes, and they are expected to participate in WIGH activities, including a bi-weekly seminar.

Scholarship Open for International Students: International students (especially from outside Europe and North America) can apply for the fellowships.

Scholarship Description: The Weatherhead Initiative on Global History (WIGH) at Harvard University identifies and supports outstanding scholars whose work responds to the growing interest in the encompassing study of global history. They seek to organize a community of scholars interested in the systematic scrutiny of developments that have unfolded across national, regional, and continental boundaries and who propose to analyze the interconnections—cultural, economic, ecological, political and demographic—among world societies. We encourage applicants from all over the world, and especially from outside Europe and North America, hoping to create a global conversation on global history. WIGH Fellows are appointed for one year and are provided time, guidance, office space, and access to Harvard University facilities. They should be prepared to devote their entire time to productive scholarship and may undertake sustained projects of research or other original work. They will join a vibrant community of global history scholars at Harvard.

Number of award(s): Not Known

Duration of award(s): Fellowship is offered for one year.

What does it cover? Fellows will receive an annual stipend of up to $50,000, according to fellows’ needs. Because they cannot always offer the amount requested, we urge applicants to apply for funding from other sources as well.

Selection Criteria: Not Known

Notification: Not Known

How to Apply: Applications should be submitted through online along with the following required documents:
-Curriculum Vitae
-Cover Letter
-Statement of Research

Online Application, Click Here

Scholarship Application Deadline: Applications are due December 15, 2015. Letters of reference are due by January 8th, 2016.

Further Official Scholarship Information and Application, Click Here

1. Tusiime Alex

September 3, 2015 at 2:30 PM

My name Tusiime Alex from Uganda seeking for a sponsorship for masters in international criminal justice or international law. reach me at joshtusime.jt@gmail.com Thanks.

2. Evans

September 4, 2015 at 2:09 AM

Seeking for scholarship

3. Oboh bright

September 4, 2015 at 10:21 AM

I am high school graduate seeking for your noble sponsorship. I know it will help me continue my education at the university level Oboh bright from Ghana

4. samuel ketema

September 4, 2015 at 9:08 PM

i need to studing my frist degree at this university in medicine now im studing at Haramaya University

5. Mariama mahamoud aw ali

September 6, 2015 at 7:57 AM

My Name Is Mariama Mahamoud Aw Ali Artan It’s My Interest To Have This Scholarship I Have Completed Science High School In Sheikh Ibrahim Secondary School Burao S/land I Would Like To Apply And Join To This University And Also I Would Like To Get Free Full Scholarship University If It’s Possible For You And I Hope You To Accept My Request Please Contact Me 00252634207605 Or 00252659307138 Or Email Mma_Kaafiya@Hotmail.Com Thanks

6. niyigaba gilbert

September 9, 2015 at 11:00 AM

my name is niyigaba gilbert I am rwandan I want scholaship of lisance level for veterinary medecine

7. adisu

September 11, 2015 at 6:14 PM

My name is Adisu Bekele i’m from Ethiopia at Adigrat university department of economics 3rd year.so i’m very intrested when i get this chance for continueing my learning. my cellphone: 251921201633 OR email:adisubekele2007@yahoo.com

8. Menur murad

September 12, 2015 at 2:25 PM

My name is menur murad.am graduate in aksum university bachlor degree in biology in ethiopia.i want to get schoolarship in ur university. Phone+251922963547 email nuraddismurade2012@gmail.com

9. abdikadir husein duale

September 14, 2015 at 8:11 PM

My names abdikadir from somalia university amoud department public health i went to get scholarship contact ne 0634783510

10. hamse muuse sek

September 14, 2015 at 8:21 PM

My names hamse from university of hargeisa please contact me 0634813361

11. Tesfaye Roaa kenani

September 18, 2015 at 5:38 AM

Hello dears i am graduated with Bsc nursing wollega university i would be very greateful if i would offer me scholar ship to study Msc in health related departement. phone 0910845264

12. Joseph Amoah Anum

September 18, 2015 at 8:56 AM

My name is Joseph Amoah Anum. from Ghana at University of Education, winneba department of geography 3rd year.so i’m very intrested when i get this chance for continueing my learning.

13. liiban

September 18, 2015 at 10:38 AM

my name is liban iam somali i need this schoolar

14. Shamshadin kassim

September 18, 2015 at 8:37 PM

My name is Shamshadin Kassim Omer.I have BSc degree in Electrica & Computer Engineering. please help me to get scholarship for masters degree related to electrical & computer engineering(communication stream). Phone number +251920905316. Email: shadokassim@gmail.com

15. Kalayu tadele

September 20, 2015 at 5:55 AM

hello dear my name kalayu tadele i’m from ETHIOPIA.i have degree/B.sc by Hydraulic and Water Resource Engineering from govermental university.i want/would like to study by engineering and technology and related department at your company.contact me by this email kalayu tadele30@gmail.com +251914134309

16. Hinsermu Bogale

September 20, 2015 at 9:46 AM

Dear all!! my name is Hinsarmu Bogale from Ethiopia. I have BA degree from Hawassa university in business management in 2015. please inform me if I get the chance via hinsermu20001@gmail.com

17. jibril Ali Guracho

September 20, 2015 at 1:59 PM

My name is jibril Ali iwant to jointhis university ihave bsc by biology im ethiopian plse contact me by 0922041907orjibrilalgu@gmail.com

September 22, 2015 at 11:02 AM

pls how am i gonna get scholarship to study Abroad

19. zerihun dendena

September 22, 2015 at 2:06 PM

I have got BSC degree in ACC from PSCO /Ethiopia/ university. so i hope how you give me the chance to study MASTER Degree in any business SECTOR in HARVARD university of USA. Please contact me +251910675162 or e-mail zdendena@gmail.com tanks for your attention.

20. jibril dekamo

September 24, 2015 at 2:53 PM

please contact me by e-mail jibrildekamo434@gmail.com or 251910950087

21. SOLOMON ASSEEA

September 25, 2015 at 9:01 PM

my name is solomon assefa from ethiopia. I have BSc degree graduated in physics at arbaminch university in 2014.please inform me if i get this chance by phone number: +251924494035 or email adress: solomon16assefa@gmail.com

22. Nour

September 29, 2015 at 4:05 PM

dear sir/madam my name is nour abdirizak from ethiopia studing jijiga university ethiopia i want this study to improve my education my eamil is nuryare@live.com or +251915401661

23. My name is Delil mohammed from Ethiopia,

September 30, 2015 at 12:24 PM

I need to study in this universiy in Business management addeminstaration,so know I am study at Jimma university.

September 30, 2015 at 9:17 PM

My name is Abdikadir Ahmed iam Somali citizen twenty years of old age finished my secondry school at this year and managed to score grade A i hope iwould get this opportunity for your mercyfull iam kindly requesting to you to give me this chance i hope you will give me thank you so much your’s faithfully plze contact me my email jaani_yarre@hotmail.com or my phone number +252907355850 faithfully looking to your response

• Anonymous

December 11, 2015 at 12:02 PM

my name is wegdar ermolo am mechanical engineering now am working at mezan tepi university as lecturer I went your scholar to study Master in mechanical engineering

October 3, 2015 at 10:05 AM

I am Boaboaw from Ethiopia,i have compl eated frist degree by ecnomics in DebreMarkos universtiy in2015.If i get this chance to learn more please inform by 0913806142 or 091380614212bbc news@333gmail.com Thank you

26. Alkadir yibrie Abdie

October 3, 2015 at 5:37 PM

My name is Alkadir yibrie Abdie from Ethiopia, I have Bsc degree in water resource and Irrigation management from Gondar University in Etioipia. Please contact 0918155777

27. izimba

November 23, 2015 at 9:46 AM

my name is izimba juma from uganda graduated last year with abacholars in sociol work and sociol administration and i kindly in need of afull scholarship for my Masters in public health hope to here from you soon please i can be contacted on +256756781618)or izimba47@gmail.com

28. Dereje Mekonnen

November 26, 2015 at 6:21 PM

I wish learn MSC in Biostatstices .with in graduated Appliad statstices work at know time planning & programing oficer. please selecet and tell +251912388410

29. hailemariam kalayou

November 29, 2015 at 9:46 AM

am mechanical engineering pkz contact me email hymolkalayou82@gmail.com

30. ishimwe patience

December 4, 2015 at 4:16 AM

my names is ishimwe patience from Rwanda thanks for that scholarship I was fish secandry schools in option of PCB physics chemistry and Biology help me for that scholarship contact +250725686900 E-mail ishipatie2020@yahoo.com thanks

31. zayid ismail

December 10, 2015 at 1:25 PM

sir/madam am zayid ismail from Somalia I am finished my secondary school but I don’t have money to study university I hope to help me plz help me thank you too much contact:: 252634677447 or email::: zayidismail@gmail.com

December 11, 2015 at 12:04 PM