2016 WZB-ISSC Global Fellowship For Students From Developing Countries

2016 WZB-ISSC Global Fellowship For Students From Developing Countries

The WZB offers a 2016 WZB-ISSC Global Fellowship grant for up to six months at a level commensurate with a German Post-Doctoral researcher, as well as a contribution to local accommodation (up to 500 EUR per month).

Field(s): The research project of the fellow should focus on global societal problems with particular relevance in developing country contexts. Moreover, it should be linked to both research conducted at the WZB and to the notion of “Transforming Global Relations for a Just World,” which is the topic of the ISSC’s World Social Science Forum 2016 .

Deadline: October 30, 2015.

Funded By: The Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB) and the International Social Science Council (ISSC)

Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2016 WZB-ISSC Global Fellowship is targeted for Citizens of developing countries (Afghanistan,  Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica,   Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador,  Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea,  Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea,

‣ Economy travel costs to and from Berlin will be reimbursed according to the German Federal Travel Expenses Regulations. We offer a work place (equipped with PC, Internet access and communication support) as well as full library privileges and additional technical services.

‣ The 2016 WZB-ISSC Global Fellowship selected Fellow will also receive support to participate in the World Social Science Forum 2016.

The WZB, in cooperation with the ISSC, invites applications for one early-career scientist (Post-Doctoral researcher with no more than 5 years’ work experience after their PhD or scientists without a PhD but with an equivalent level of research experience and output) residing and working in a developing country to conduct research for up to six months at the WZB.

Scholarship Application Method

‣ All information should be submitted electronically, preferably in one PDF document to: international.affairs-at-wzb.eu.

‣ 2016 WZB-ISSC Global Fellowship Candidates should present:
-A letter of motivation (what is the project, why is it important, what will be the outcome), including the preferred timing of the research stay at the WZB as well as an explanation of the difference the stay will make in their personal careers and in their home institutions (maximum 1 page).

‣ A summary of their main research and teaching contributions, indicating how these relate to the research topics at the WZB. Candidates should also address the societal relevance of their research (maximum 1 page).

‣ Two letters of recommendation from current or past senior colleagues.

‣ A curriculum vitae, including information on education, publications, participation in research projects and networks, teaching experience, awards and prizes received and other pertinent experiences. (Note: The majority of the degrees should have been awarded in developing countries).

‣ An indication of the candidate’s English language proficiency.

‣ Agreement from their home institution to the research stay in Germany, if selected (applicable only if the candidate will be employed during the proposed period of the Fellowship).

‣ Scholarship Applications are due on October 30, 2015.

‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website

‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.

For more Information about 2016 WZB-ISSC Global Fellowship

1. Hinsarmu Bogale

September 28, 2015 at 8:15 PM

Dear all My name is Hinsarmu Bogale from Ethiopia. l am graduated from Hawassa university in business management. contact me via hinsermu20001@gmail.com if i will get chance

2. Nour

September 29, 2015 at 3:59 PM

iam nour abdirizak from ethiopia this wwould beopportunity for me if you give me this chance my email is nuryare@live.com 0r +251915401661

3. farhan gudaal

September 29, 2015 at 6:46 PM

i like scholarship becouse i have been looking fr the last two years

4. Amanuel tekle

September 30, 2015 at 7:25 PM

am amanuel tekle from ethiopia and i like your university please contact me on f.b or phoncell +251948474751.thank you

5. Shamshadin kassim omer

October 1, 2015 at 7:36 PM

My name is Shamshadin Kassim Omer. I was graduated from jigjiga university, Ethiopia by BSC of electrical & computer engineering. please help me to get scholarship for masters degree related to electrical & computer engineering (communication stream). please contact me by Phone number: +251920905316. Emailm

6. Abomsa Geleto

October 2, 2015 at 10:19 AM

Dear sir my name is Abomsa Geleto ‘I am 23 yrs old. I have financial problem please help me scholar ship .+254702450155

7. Deka

October 3, 2015 at 5:49 PM

My names deka i was graguated at amoud university i would like for this scholor ship to offer me i intrest please consider my needs contact my email adress deeqa844@gmail.com thank you all of you

October 4, 2015 at 11:35 AM

My name is Abdikadir Ahmed iam Somali citizen twenty years of old age i finished my secondry level in accedemic year 2014/2015 and managed to score grade A bu in financial proplem since now i did not went any university so iam kindly requesting you to give this opportunity for your mercyfull and helpful thank you so much please contact me my email jaani_yarre@hotmail.com or my cellphone +252907355850

9. abdimajid ahmed

October 4, 2015 at 7:09 PM

i have a scholership becouse i haven”n enough educatoin

10. asma abdalle

October 5, 2015 at 1:53 PM

iam from jipouti i gratuated the school this year iam 18 years old please contact me asmita.arwo@hotmail.com

11. Tsegaye Chimdi

October 6, 2015 at 6:02 AM

Hello! i am Tsegaye Chimdi from ehiopia and have Bsc in electrical engineering with Computer stream graduated in 2015 at wollega university. so please help me to take My Msc with relative field at your university! i hope to get this chance! thank you and contact me on tsegayechim@gmail.com OR phone number: +251938688219

12. sisay Regassa

October 9, 2015 at 4:24 PM

hello dear. my name is Sisay Regassa. I’m from Ethiopia and I have BA degree in civic and ethical studies from Dilla university and I have internet to continue MA degree in related field of studies, please help me. contact me via phone number +251913762851 and email sisayregasa52#gmail.com. thank you!

13. fartun ahmed

October 10, 2015 at 8:50 PM

hello my name is fartuun ahmed weerar iam ethiopia and have finished my secandry level in accenemic year of 2014/2015 plze contact me 0929239911 or fartuunweerar@gmail.com

14. Abdishakur

October 11, 2015 at 7:11 AM

Hello. i am Abdishakur Abdiaziz from Somalia I’m 21years old. I finished my secondry school 2years ago and still i didn’t get any possible university. so please contact me from this Email yuuri.aziiz11@gmail.com

15. feraol girma

October 11, 2015 at 9:02 PM

hello dear!am feraol girma from ethiopia.i’m learn bsc in wollega university by computer science.Here I also applying for free offering education always deliverd from you to third developing countries.what will be your reward from us for this your assisting?..thanks a lot from the depth of our heart.forever you stay being memorised.Here I want to improve my skill in technology production and the enhancement of its soft ware devlopment across our glob.but it needs me your hand awfully.please dear send your response by my address firaakoof@gmail.com,phone +251941785283.thanks alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 12, 2015 at 10:45 PM

Hey am from Malawi nd i finish my high school.please consider me my number 0991731521

17. yibeltal

October 13, 2015 at 4:39 PM

my name is yibeltal.I m from Ethiopia.I was graduated from Haramaya university in Bsc medical laboratory science. I want to study my MSC in any related field.please contact me by email aayibeltal21@gmail.com phone +251923233376

18. Fahmi Shamsadin

October 13, 2015 at 4:44 PM

Hello!! my name is Fahmi Shamsadin. I am from Ethiopia ,now I am studing 2 year Electrical and Computer Enginering at Haramaya University,and I would like this opportunuty.pls contact me with my cellphone +251923815049/+251973217654

19. Timketu Jebo

October 14, 2015 at 7:06 AM

Hi, my name is Timketu Jebo, I’m 26,I’m from Ethiopia. I need Msc in agri-horticulture

20. Abdiweli Abdi Aziz Jama

October 14, 2015 at 8:06 AM

Hi! dear sir or madam, my name is Abdiweli Abdi Aziz Jama. i gratuated at secondary school. i am very interesting to join your scholarships. please help me to get that oppurtunity. contact me by Email: gobsoor74@gmail.com or Tell: 00252907747317. thanks for your feedback.

21. NDAYIZEYE Dieudonné

October 23, 2015 at 9:08 AM

my name is ndayizeye dieudonné from burundi,i really need this scholarship,i have a degree in scB,i would like to join and study your scholarship.please help me to get this.contact me on my number phone:+257 71550951 or my email: dieudonnendayi11@gmail.com

22. Tariku Beyene

October 24, 2015 at 6:14 AM

hi iam from ethiopia studing human medicin.pleas help in giving this golden chance.mob+251928780651

23. weston isaac

October 27, 2015 at 7:04 PM

hello am called weston i will be happy i win the scholarship may God bless you email.westonisaac@gmail.com +211955225396

24. Dereje Mekonnen

November 26, 2015 at 6:35 AM

Hello sir I am dereje mekonnen and in graduated Applaid statptices .so i wish learn for the MSC .please help me .b/c I have not money.

25. chankara emmanuel

December 18, 2015 at 1:37 PM

hello sir am chankara emmanuel from Uganda seeking for architectural course at your university but I got a very big financial problems but I would loved to continue with my studies and be more productive for my community. for more information am on +256779125696 thank alot