2016/17 MMMF Scholarship For Women From Developing Countries In USA or Canada

2016/17 MMMF Scholarship For Women From Developing Countries In USA or Canada

2016-2017 Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund (MMMF) scholarship applications for female students from Developing Countries who are currently studying in the United States or Canada

Accepted Subject Areas: Any field of study

About ScholarshipMargaret McNamara Memorial Fund

The MMMF provides grants to women from developing countries to help further their education and strengthen their leadership skills to improve the lives of women and children in developing countries. The MMMF is offering scholarships for women from developing countries who are currently studying in the United States or Canada. The MMMF awards grants are approximately $12,000 each. The MMMF also typically invites the recipients to Washington DC to participate in a three day Awards Program organized in their honor.

Scholarship Offered Since: 1981

Who is qualified to apply?

A woman is eligible to apply for an MMMF grant if she meets all the following criteria:

has a record of service to women and children and a commitment to improve the lives of women and children in developing countries
resides in the U.S. or Canada at the time she submits the application
Be enrolled in an accredited educational institution in the US or Canada for the full academic year in which the application is submitted and intend to be enrolled for the subsequent year covered by the grant.
will use the grant toward the completion of her degree
is a national of a lower or middle income developing member country, as designated by the MMMF Country Eligibility List
is not a U.S. or Canadian citizen, permanent U.S. resident or Canadian Landed Immigrant
intends to return to her country (or other developing country) within two years of completing use of the MMMF grant and perform at least two years of service
demonstrates financial need and satisfactory academic performance
Be at least 25 years of age by the relevant application deadline
is not related to a World Bank Group staff member or his/her spouse

Number of Scholarships: Not Specified

Scholarship benefits: Approximately $12,000 per scholarship recipient

Duration: The grant is a onetime award to last for the duration of study

Eligible African Countries

Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Rep., Chad, Congo, Dem. Rep., Congo, Rep, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt , Ethiopia, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Somalia, South Africa, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe

Other Countries:

Afghanistan, Ecuador , Macedonia, FYR of , Albania, Arab Rep., Serbia, El Salvador, Seychelles, Malaysia, Antigua and Barbuda, Eritrea, Maldives, Solomon Islands, Argentina, Armenia, Fiji, Marshall Islands, Azerbaijan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh , St. Kitts and Nevis, Belarus, Georgia, Mexico, St. Lucia, Belize, Micronesia, Fed. Sts , St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Grenada, Bhutan, Guatemala, Moldova, Suriname, Bolivia, Mongolia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Montenegro, Syrian Arab Rep., Guyana, Tajikistan, Brazil, Haiti, Bulgaria, Honduras, Myanmar, Thailand, India, Timor-Leste, Indonesia, Nepal, Cambodia, Iran, Islamic Rep. of, Nicaragua,Tonga, Iraq, Trinidad and Tobago, Cape Verde, Jamaica, Jordan, Pakistan, Turkey, Kazakhstan, Palau, Turkmenistan, Chile, China, Kiribatii, Panama, Colombia, Korea, Republic of, Papua New Guinea, Ukraine, Comoros, Kosovo, Paraguay, Uruguay, Kyrgyz Rep, Peru, Uzbekistan, Lao PDR, Philippines, Vanuatu, Costa Rica, Latvia, Poland, Venezuela, RB, Lebanon, Romania, Vietnam, Croatia, Russian Federation, West Bank & Gaza, Yemen, Rep, Dominica, Samoa, Dominican Republic, São Tomé and Principe

To be taken at (country): United States (US) & Canada

Application Deadline: The grant Application runs from: 15 September 2015 to 16 January 2016

Offered annually? Yes

How to Apply

Visit Scholarship Webpage for details

Sponsors: Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund (MMMF)

Important Notes: Please make sure to submit ALL documents as listed. Only complete applications will be accepted.

1. nanzira hellen

September 14, 2015 at 8:59 AM

s.3drop out, help me please

2. mihret ashenafi

September 14, 2015 at 8:30 PM

my name is mihret i am enjoy university next year so pleas help me to get this chance i have a big dream

3. Keleb Godada Lake

September 16, 2015 at 7:35 AM

I need to study BioStatistics Msc program.

4. Lemlem

September 16, 2015 at 11:29 AM

Please help me, how I joined.

5. Ethiopia Getasew

September 16, 2015 at 3:55 PM

I am Ethiopia from ethiopia I had been following my degree programme in one of the private university college in the field of public health.unfortunatelly due to resource imbalance I am obliged to drop out of school.I scored 3.75 previously out of 4.00 .if things will be ok,I have an interest to continue.I hope u will have a good reply for my stress thank you +251963561146 my phone number.

6. flagot bogale

September 16, 2015 at 9:50 PM

My name is flagot, I’m 4th year mechanical Enginering student. I have good score on my study but my family have economical problem inorder to continue my study so I want to join can you help me please? My Phone no +251910069292 tnx

7. nurdin jamaludin Haji

September 18, 2015 at 12:07 PM

Nurdin jamaludin is my name currently live in Kenya I thought may be I should apply my scholarship earlier since they say the earlier bird catches the worms first even though my application of the scholarship should be based on September 2016 not the one of 2015 anyways thanks again…

8. yodit

September 19, 2015 at 6:02 PM

my name is yodit i need to get this financial suporter scholarship as a women …so if you have a plase contact in my e-mail thank you

9. temima yasin

September 20, 2015 at 1:37 PM

my name is temima yasin i am from Ethiopia,I’am second year midwifery student,i need to get scholarship,so pealse help me & contact in my email

10. Ahmed Adam

September 21, 2015 at 5:21 PM

Iam from Ethiopia I am studying 3rd year law at haramaya university

11. Alganesh Ashebir

September 22, 2015 at 7:23 AM

My name is Alganesh I am from Ethiopia, I will graduat in public health officer, so need to join to your university, I wish I could if I get this chans so please I need your help to get this aportunity. Thank you.

12. Zakarie abdinasir

September 25, 2015 at 9:28 PM

May name zakarie abdinasir i am somali i complete to high school i need to scholarship may parents have not money which to join university please help me may phone number +252907359377 email sakariye2500@gmail.com

13. Amina

September 26, 2015 at 6:13 AM

my name is amina Iam somali student I finished high shool 2013-2014 . just proceesing university I study health science departent public health .i need to get schplarship so please help me the oprtunity.contact. e-mail

14. Ellen Chidzanja

September 26, 2015 at 7:27 AM

Am Ellen Chidzanja 23yrs Of Age…I Am So Glad To Get This Information Of Scholarship However I Would Like To Join One Of The Field Of Study And Am Confidently Enough That Am Eligible Person To Be Enrolled Since A Passed My Malawi School Certificate Of Educatio With Credits To Nutshell I Will Be Glad If My Plead Wil Be Put Into Consideration

15. Betelhem birhanu

September 26, 2015 at 7:10 PM

My name is betelhem birhanu am from ethiopia now am universty student on Bsc and i want to study in your univesrsty as women please contact me ! Thanks

16. hewan dejene

September 26, 2015 at 9:40 PM

want to join if u accept i’will succed

17. fetiya eshetu

September 27, 2015 at 10:31 PM

my name is fetiya eshetu am from Ethiopia abd am second year midwifery Student on university of adama. so I will be happy if I get this chance phone no. 09 29 00 64 11 thank you

18. fetiya eshetu

September 27, 2015 at 10:37 PM

my name is fetiya eshetu am from Ethiopia a.a am second year midwifery Student on university of adama and with nice gread. so I will be happy if I get this chance phone no. 09 29 00 64 11 thank you

19. ekram seid

September 27, 2015 at 10:41 PM

my name is ekram seid am from ethiopia and am second year psychology student at a.a university and I will be happy if u accept me and I have good gread phone no 09 21 61 35 81

20. fekadu tesfaye

September 30, 2015 at 5:27 PM

tank you

21. abdala abdulkadir

October 2, 2015 at 12:20 PM

Iam abdala I live somalia I need scholarship iam 16 years old my level is form two Please contact me +252618110666 Thank u

22. Adiba

October 4, 2015 at 7:44 AM

I am from Afghanistan and I am interesting in this scholarship how can I apply.

23. Alkadir yibrie Abdie

October 4, 2015 at 3:47 PM

My name is Alkadir yibrie Abdie from Ethiopia, I have Bsc degree in water resource and Irrigation management from Gondar University in Etioipia. Please contact 0918155777

24. kalkidan Reta

October 6, 2015 at 8:50 AM

my name is kalkidan reta am from ethiopia and i want to join your university i am study in midwifer by Bsc program thanks for your help contact me by phone number 0928302169

25. selamwite gbera marime

October 6, 2015 at 11:10 AM

my name is selamwit gbra marime am clinical nuse i need learned .

26. biset kassa

October 8, 2015 at 9:29 PM

my name is biset kassa i am gratuated msc at universty of gonder since 2015 by the filed of development economices.i need your support to go much if u allow pleace contact me by my emil and my phone +251923712433

27. said nur cadde

December 11, 2015 at 7:15 AM

i am 19 yrs only and i am in somalia i would like to be your applied person because if you gave me and i graduated in high school and now i didnt learn any unoversity because i cannot that so please help me and contact with my phone as well as possible 00252907716485 or +252907610163

28. Jabir Kedir Ibrahim

January 2, 2016 at 11:52 PM

my name is Jabir kedir Ibrahim from Ethiopia ,i need this scholarship.contact me on :+251922319537 or email: jabirkedir21@gmail.com

29. Sylla gassim

February 15, 2016 at 9:46 PM

My names sylla gassim,jaimerais etudie l’anglai et l’enginneng in constructing technologie pour être un bonne cadre ede mon pays a constru in guinéenne my numba in +224662452254