Apply For 2016 WWF Prince Bernhard Scholarships For International Students, Switzerland

The 2016 WWF Prince Bernhard Scholarships (PBS) are awarded to individuals from East and South who wish to pursue formal studies or professional training in the field of conservation. With the generous support of The 1001: A Nature Trust, the aim of the WWF Prince Bernhard Scholarships is to provide financial support to individuals who wish to pursue short-term professional training or formal studies that will help them contribute more effectively to conservation efforts in their country.

‣ Each scholarship empowers a dedicated conservationist to build his or her capacity. In turn, these people are in a position to share the benefits of their knowledge and skills with others and so spread the benefits.

Level: pursuing formal studies or professional training.

Field(s): Nature Conservation or associated disciplines directly relevant to the delivery and promotion of conservation

Deadline: 5 January 2016

Funded By: WWF, Switzerland

Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2016 WWF Prince Bernhard Scholarships are targeted for Only nationals from Africa, Asia/Pacific, Latin America& Caribbean, Eastern Europe & Middle East will be considered, including WWF staff or candidates working as partners with WWF.

Benefits(Value/ Inclusions):

Award No: To date, 358 Scholarships have been awarded to individuals from more than 60 countries.

Have what it takes to avail 2016 WWF Prince Bernhard Scholarships ?

‣ As a priority, the PBS support mid-career training (up to a maximum of one year) for individuals working in the field of conservation or associated disciplines directly relevant to the delivery and promotion of conservation.

‣ Applications from candidates doing multiple-year studies will only be considered if the applicant is applying for support for the last year of studies.

‣ Applications are encouraged from people seeking to build skills in specific subjects that will enhance their contribution to nature conservation. In particular, women and people working for non-governmental or community-based organizations are encouraged to apply.

‣ Only nationals from Africa, Asia/Pacific, Latin America & Caribbean, and Eastern Europe & Middle East will be considered, including WWF staff or candidates working as partners with WWF. Preference is given to those who seek support for studies in their country or region and provide proof that they are also seeking funding from other sources.

‣ Applicants must provide written proof of acceptance on a course.

Selection Criteria for 2016 WWF Prince Bernhard Scholarships

The following four criteria will be used to screen and select the best candidates:

‣ Course or training, which explicitly links to WWF’s conservation priorities within the WWF Global Programme Framework through at least one of:

‣ WWF Global Priority Places (35 ecoregions: terrestrial, freshwater, marine);

‣ WWF Global Priority Species (36 species: plants, invertebrates, fish, reptiles, birds, mammals);

‣ Reduction in the Ecological Footprint, e.g. footprint in energy/carbon; cropland (including food, fiber and biofuel crops); grazing land, fishing and forest.
Preference will be given to:

‣ Candidates with a long-term commitment to providing conservation leadership or expertise for the benefit of their country’s natural environment;

‣ Candidates with experience and proven track record in a field related to the environment and conservation in their home country, including social and natural sciences (ranging from environmental journalism, law and education to ecology and wildlife management);

‣ Candidates who show a) flexibility and capacity to think outside their specialization (critical factors include climate change, poverty reduction, water shortage, population increase/movements); b) ability to partner with other different disciplines critical to future successes; and c) strength of belief, vision and tenacity to address future pressures;

‣ Applications for studies or training at institutions in the applicant’s country or region;

‣ Candidates requesting a grant of less than CHF 10,000;

‣ Candidates who provide proof that they have secured funding from other sources.

Notification of 2016 WWF Prince Bernhard Scholarships

‣The successful candidates are notified by WWF International as soon as the PBS Selection Committee has made its selection, usually in April or May each year.

‣ Once all winners have confirmed their acceptance, WWF International informs those who have not been selected.

‣ That way, if a candidate has had to give up his/her application, the grant s/he was supposed to receive can be offered to one of the runner-up applicants.

Scholarship Application Method

‣ Please send your application to the nearest WWF Office or WWF Associate in your country/region (check the list of WWF addresses available at the website).

‣ Here is the Application Form

‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 5 January 2016.

‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website

‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.

For more Information about 2016 WWF Prince Bernhard Scholarships

1. Omar A/karim Mouse

September 28, 2015 at 7:48 PM

Hi, let me allow for this chance! THANK YOU EVERY MUCH. my name is omar A/karim Mouse. I am from Somalia and I am 20 years old. I have just finished my high school in Borama North of Somalia. as you know my country has destroyed and lost Educational institutions. so, Please help me I am an orphan boy and from poor family. I cannot go to Universities. you can contact me on my tell: 002520634622346 MY DREAMS IS FOR YOU! I WISH YOU SOON!

2. mahamoudbour yusuf

September 28, 2015 at 11:09 PM

gratuated secondary 2012-2013

3. Oyoo john k longure

September 29, 2015 at 6:44 AM

Hi am oyoo john k from south sudan iam on seriou to study abrand if u addmitted me or call me on +211914699238/+211955941757

4. Geoffrey Ajassi

September 29, 2015 at 12:22 PM

Am Geoffrey Ajassi from Malawi,ihave SSE and would like to join your course,you can contact me on +265882564444.iwill truly appreciate your help

5. Nour

September 29, 2015 at 3:22 PM

my name is nur iam from ethiopia this would be great improvement for my education if you offer me this study my email is nuryare@live.com or contact +251915401661

6. Abute Juma wekesa

September 29, 2015 at 6:56 PM

Am Abute from Kenya and would like to join your course my email is abutejuwa@gmail.com

7. cabdisamad siciid

September 29, 2015 at 10:40 PM

my name cabdisamad siciid from un recognised country called Somaliland located horn of Africa . I graduated Hight school only geting A+ and am teacher in English language for primary school . am seeking to learn scholarship . please contact me 00252634430394.

• SHISHAY TESFAALEM

October 2, 2015 at 4:11 PM

My name is shishay tesfaalem graduated as an OPTOMETRIC TECHNICIANS from Eritrea(North East Africa).Also, am very passionate in carring the patients.please I need help from you to get a schlarships for further study.please, My contact address PO.BOX, Senafe, Eritrea Cellphone=+2917353130. Email=optotech2020@yahoo.com THANK YOU.

8. Shamshadin kassim omer

September 30, 2015 at 6:55 PM

My name is Shamshadin Kassim Omer. I was graduated from jigjiga university, Ethiopia by BSC of electrical & computer engineering. please help me to get scholarship for masters degree related to electrical & computer engineering (communication stream). please contact me by Phone number: +251920905316. Email:My name is Shamshadin Kassim Omer. I was graduated from jigjiga university, Ethiopia by BSC of electrical & computer engineering. please help me to get scholarship for masters degree related to electrical & computer engineering (communication stream). please contact me by Phone number: +251920905316. Email: shadokassim@gmail.com shadokassim@gmail.com

• genanew bewket

October 12, 2015 at 3:37 PM

My name is genanew bewket kassa. I was graduated from Bahir dar university, Ethiopia by BSC of electrical & computer engineering. please help me to get scholarship for masters degree related to electrical & computer engineering (power stream). please contact me by Phone number: +251918002142. please help me to get scholarship for masters degree related to electrical & computer engineering (power stream). please contact me by Phone number: +251918002142. Email: genanewbewket@yahoo.com

9. Alkadir yibrie Abdie

September 30, 2015 at 7:41 PM

My name is Alkadir yibrie Abdie from Ethiopia, I have Bsc degree in water resource and Irrigation management from Gondar University in Etioipia. Please contact 0918155777

10. zerinun Dendena

October 1, 2015 at 5:52 AM

I have got BSC degree in ACC from PSCO university /Ethiopia/. but if you give me chance i want study the master degree in any field of business sector. please contact me +251910675162 or e-mail zdendena55@gmail.com

11. muzafalu kizza

October 1, 2015 at 8:24 AM

high i wud like pursue a post degree in mass communication n journalism… u can reach me on ma email mozatkizza2@gmail.com.+256 703103115

12. Nuuh hassan

October 2, 2015 at 11:22 AM

My names nuuh hassan iam somali boy iwant to study financial account to scholarship pleas help mee my facebook adrees is laacib63@nokiamail.com

13. Tsegaye Chimdi

October 2, 2015 at 4:26 PM

i am Tsegaye chimdi from ethiopia.i have Bsc with electrical engineering & i wish to take msc @ your university with relative field so please contact me on tsegayechim@gmail.com OR +251938688219

14. Jibril dekamo

October 2, 2015 at 5:30 PM

Hello world my name is jibril dekamo I graduated from medawalabu university Ethiopia by field of educational planning and management I scored high marks on this field so this is good opportunity to me when I was joined to this university please please contact me by phone number 251910950087/25141092966 or by our e-mail jibrildekamo434@gmail.com

15. mohamed mohamoud soubaneh

October 3, 2015 at 9:02 AM

me name smohamed moud i have bsc degree i have a bsc ofb science economic and tachnologic e wannt to study your university if you give to chance please contact me +25377705293and email hassan.mahamoud@outlook.fr.thanks

16. Fitsum Zelalem

October 3, 2015 at 8:49 PM

I am Fitsum zelalem and graduated in natural resource management in Debre Markos University first degree. I interested to study NARM because it is my life and know a days global warming increase time to time and I contribute positively concerning climate change in the world.thank you four your understanding.

17. ismail

October 4, 2015 at 7:57 AM

my name ismail i am in somalia i have complete high school it,s my dream to get for scholarship and i need that please contact me 252616252028 or sandheere225@gmail.com

18. mostafe hamud

October 4, 2015 at 12:03 PM

Hallo my name mostafe haamud 4rom somalia I just finished from secondary school I would like to join this aportunity plz contact me 252634227049 I wish all the best

19. DEMEKE MUCHE

October 4, 2015 at 3:07 PM

i am Bsc in mathematices

20. Deric

October 5, 2015 at 9:12 AM

Am Deric a diploma holder in Building and Civil Eng. and i do seek to secure a chance to pursue Bsc. in Quantity Survey…derico@ymail.com

21. Abebual W/tsadik

October 5, 2015 at 3:03 PM

I am from ethiopia graduated by bsc of plant science.your university is best of best,so i want to up learn my msc by breading.i am abebual w/tsadik please contact me by 0923076579.Thanks so

22. my name is konjit dereje. I am from ethiopia.I got my AM(masters of art) in enveroment and development with CGPA.3.2 from Adiss Ababa , Unversity. please contact me my address: phone no. 0924873570 my mail: konjit.dereje@yahoo.com

October 6, 2015 at 6:37 AM

23. Workie simachew

October 6, 2015 at 2:56 PM

am graduate from adama university in accountiing & finance .i like to study my MS degree in any field related to it.my phone number +251910119227.

24. Mekonnen

October 10, 2015 at 9:21 AM

Hello Dear,This is Mekonnen Abebe,24 years old from Ethiopia. i got my first degree by the department of public health at sheba university college this year with a good Grade Point Average/GPA. In a sense, I have a deep dream to win a scholarship in order to pursue masters degree,PhD and other school opportunities by health and health related fields in your university so as to wide my mind as well as for economical purpose as i’m from poor society. please contact me if there happen relevant scholar by email; mokeph2016@gmail.com or reply by this page. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE! Chat Conversation End

October 10, 2015 at 2:44 PM

scolarship the good oportunity to me

26. Zakarie abdinasir

October 11, 2015 at 10:20 AM

May name zakarie abdinasir i am somali i need to scholarship becouse i complete high school there fore may parent have not money which to joined university please and please help me may phone number +252907359377 or email sakariye2500@gmail.com

27. Mekonnen

October 14, 2015 at 8:34 AM

hi dear, This is Mekonnen abebe from ETHIOPIA.I made my first degree by the department of public health this year. In a sense, I would like to pursue a BA degree on your university on health and health related fields for the sake of further knowledge & skills as well as for economical benefit as I am from poor society. please contact me by email: mokeph2016@gmail.com THANK YOU!

28. abdulmatiin

October 14, 2015 at 9:26 AM

Hi My Name Abdimatiin abdilahi I live in somalia I’m very interesting switzerland university if yo success plz contact me Abdimatiin09@outlook.com

29. nejat awel

October 16, 2015 at 11:22 PM

my name is nejat awel from ethiopia am graduate from wollega university by dept of psychology if you give ur chance pls contact me 0910207810

30. Tsegaye Delelegn

October 19, 2015 at 9:02 PM

Ihave bsc degree by agricultural and bioprocess engineering if you can please contact me by phone number 251910691740or email address by tsegayedelelegn21@gmail.com

31. Abebaw Defersha

October 20, 2015 at 4:55 AM

I am Abebaw from Ethiopia and I have BSc. degree in Biology from University of Gondar with a cumulative GPA of 3.75. I wish to attend my MSc at your University with related fields. I am too glad if you offer me the chance. I am available at 251918262337

32. Tariku Beyene

October 22, 2015 at 11:41 AM

hi iam from ethiopian.pleas help me in giving this golden chance in the field of medicin that i have studing now in wachemo univeristy of ethiopia.mob+251928780651.thank u

33. Zewdu Teshome

November 23, 2015 at 10:43 AM

I am Zewdu Teshome from Ethiopia and I was graduated from Haramaya university in BSc degree of Hydraulic Engineering. Please contact me by phone no 0913491005 or email zewduteshome82@gmail.com. Thank you for your kindness

34. Mohamed Sannoh

November 26, 2015 at 12:01 PM

I am a 24 year old sierra leonean with HND qualification in computer science. I will to have this chance to pursue this course to higher level

35. Sylvanus matong mangol

December 5, 2015 at 11:34 PM

Hi am sylvanus matong mangol am south sudanese. I have finished my high school. Am very interest in joining this opportunity and will be very glad if you considered me am financially disable and i need your help you can get me on +211954525870 or greatmarquee@gmail.com