Application Deadline: 7 December 2015
Established by the Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong in 2009, the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) aims at attracting the best and brightest students in the world to pursue their PhD studies in Hong Kong’s institutions.
Candidates who are seeking admission as new full time PhD students in the following eight institutions, irrespective of their country of origin, prior work experience and ethnic background, should be eligible to apply.
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- Lingnan University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Institute of Education
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The University of Hong Kong
Applicants should demonstrate outstanding qualities of academic performance, research ability / potential, communication and interpersonal skills, and leadership abilities.
- The Fellowship provides an annual stipend of HK$240,000 (approximately US$30,000) and a conference and research-related travel allowance of HK$10,000 (approximately US$1,300) per year to each awardee for a period of up to three years.
- More than 230 PhD Fellowships will be awarded in the 2016/17 academic year.
- For awardees who need more than three years to complete their PhD studies, additional support may be provided by the chosen institutions. For details, please contact the institutions concerned directly.
While candidates’ academic excellence is of primary consideration, the Selection Panels will take into account factors as follows:
- Academic excellence;
- Research ability and potential;
- Communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Leadership abilities.
How to Apply:
- Eligible candidates should first make an Initial Application online through the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme Electronic System (HKPFSES) to obtain an HKPFS Reference Number by 1 December 2015 at Hong Kong Time 12:00:00 before submitting applications for PhD admission to their desired institutions.
- Applicants may choose up to two programmes / departments at one or two institutions for PhD study under HKPFS 2016/17. They should comply with the admission requirements of their selected institutions and programmes.
Apply Now for the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS)
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme