Apply For Standard Bank Bursaries & Scholarships for African Students For 2015//2016

ss las

Standard Bank Bursaries for African Students to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate degree program at one of the preferred or eligible academic institutions/universities for the year 2015.

Brief Description:

In honour of Standard Bank’s 150th anniversary in 2012, they launched 150 bursary and scholarship fund, designed to promote academic excellence (in various disciplines within commerce, science, engineering and technology) and to target a range of recipients. Preferred academic institutions/universities for bursary opportunities are the University of Cape Town, Wits University, the University of Pretoria, Rhodes University, University of KwaZulu-Natal, Stellenbosch University, the University of Johannesburg and USIU and Strathmore University in Kenya. Following types of bursaries and scholarships are available:

-The Derek Cooper Africa Scholarship: Named after the former Standard Bank Group chairman, this unique educational funding opportunity is aimed at high-performing individuals from the African continent who are looking to pursue a Masters degree at select higher learning institutions in the United Kingdom. All applicants are required to meet the application criteria for these institutions.

-Standard Bank Group Bursary: This scheme is targeted at school-leavers (matriculants or A level students) wishing to pursue an undergraduate degree in commerce, science, engineering or technology. Interested applicants must be registered with one of the following centres of excellence to qualify: the Sumbandila Scholarship Trust; Thandulwazi Maths and Science Academy; the Star Schools; Maths Centre Incorporating Sciences; Promaths; Sci- Bono; Hammanskraal Project; Targeting talent Wits; TRAC; Osizweni Education and Development Centre (OEDC); Hulisani project; SSP; Kutlwanong centre for maths, science and technology Project and UCT The Schools Improvement Initiative (SII).

-Standard Bank Group 150 Undergraduate Bursary: For well- rounded, undergraduate students with strong academic results that are entering their second or third year of studies in commerce, science, engineering, mathematics and technology at preferred academic institutions.
-Standard Bank Group 150 Postgraduate Bursary: For financially deserving and academically sound undergraduates wishing to pursue postgraduate studies in commerce, science, engineering, mathematics and technology at preferred academic institutions.

Study Program: Bursaries are available to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate degree program at one of the preferred or eligible academic institutions/universities.

Study Major: Bursaries are awarded in various disciplines within commerce, science, engineering and technology.

Host Organization: Preferred academic institutions/universities for our bursary opportunities are:
– University of Cape Town
– Wits University
– University of Pretoria
– Rhodes University
– University of KwaZulu-Natal
– Stellenbosch University
– University of Johannesburg.

National/International Students: African students are eligible for these bursaries.

Governing Body: Standard Bank, South Africa

Application Procedure: Applications should be submitted online (for applying Derek Cooper Africa Scholarship, please contact Kerry Vanslembrouck at Kerry.Vanslembrouck-at-standardbank.co.za).

Submission Deadline: The deadline for applications is 30th September 2015 (applications for Derek Cooper Africa Scholarship will be open in the last quarter of the year).

For more details visit the official website

1. Aliye Adem

April 8, 2016 at 1:40 PM

My name is Aliye Adem .I am from ethiopia engineering student.I want to join this scholarship,for more contact me by: 251915421772

2. Legesse Degaga

April 9, 2016 at 5:19 PM

my name is legesse degaga Iam from Ethiopia at jimma institute of technology university I need to get african scholar please if possible contact me through +251919350967 this phone.

3. bereka nasir

April 9, 2016 at 7:03 PM

iam bereka nasir from ethiopia graduated in 2015 by economics i want to join this scolarship for more my address 0916516207

4. Kevin Juma

April 10, 2016 at 10:37 PM

My name is Kevin Juma,passed my Kcse and i want to join this scholarship.For more information contact +254792809943

5. Kevin Juma

April 10, 2016 at 10:39 PM

6. Okello Darius

April 12, 2016 at 10:09 AM

I am Okello Darius from Uganda and would wish to benefit from the scholarship. I ‘ve a diploma in Business Administration and would appreciate any apportunity for a degree, thax. Contacts; +256785330704,+252616773362.

7. zakariye mohamed

April 13, 2016 at 6:48 AM

hi my name is zakariye mohamed jama i live in burao somalia i endeng in high school and i want now to my having to scholarahip to the continuatiom my edecation werefor a wan to have me special recpecting. tankz all leaders and and all members i veeling good luck. pleaz contact me (sakoha94@gmail.com). or +252-634896386

8. Stanley Wilson

April 13, 2016 at 9:24 AM

My Stanley Wilson from Malawi currently doing Bachelor of Education year 4 but strugling in college fees looking for top up. Is there that opportunity to partialy sponsor a students in his or her area? or individual to assist.Any interested party can contact me on +265881929772

9. Alex kay

April 14, 2016 at 11:12 AM

Hello, I hold a Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication but I had goid grade from high school, I will appappreciate your consideration to further my education. contact me through +254 718983152.

10. Amare Temesgen

April 17, 2016 at 7:58 PM

11. Amare Temesgen

April 17, 2016 at 8:00 PM

Hello guys and jentle men I am Amare Temesgen from Ethiopia and I want to use your opportunity now I am working in commercial bank of Ethiopia. and contact +2519-14-33-88-23

12. cleophas tanui

April 18, 2016 at 8:51 AM

Hi,people iam cleophas tanui wish to go further in education bt money is a problem,i completed form four kindly what can i do.kindly inform me and you be blessed,contacts 0721768 235/0723490592

13. AWALE BARE

April 18, 2016 at 9:04 PM

My name is Awale Bare from kenya. I have completed my KCSE Exam and I want to join your scholarship. For more information contact me from 0703890469

14. Ismail Adan

April 19, 2016 at 12:12 PM

My name is Ismail Adan i am a form 3 student and i would like to seek your scholarship contact:0790068009

15. memory Nyondo

April 19, 2016 at 2:13 PM

Am memory nyondo from Malawi am studying social science economics at pentecostal life university but am financially unstable so i appreciate for knowledge to introduce this bursary for it will be big portion of change for to continue with my studies. am aged 22 and i really love school so its hope that your help will push me forward in my education.you can whats app me at 0996350706 if you consider my request.

16. Yirga

April 19, 2016 at 4:25 PM

Am from Ethiopia I have Bsc degree in water supply &Environmental Engineering I need your help to scale up omy education please contact me email -Yirgak19@Gmail. com pone 251912487126 10Q4all !!.

17. surafel asrat

April 19, 2016 at 6:49 PM

thank you and i have BSc on Mathematics a.d i need to learn anything else, ♥

18. surafel asrat

April 19, 2016 at 6:50 PM

contact surafelasr@gmail.com or +251913801510

19. Tamre Tadesse

April 19, 2016 at 8:38 PM

My name is Tamre Tadesse. I am from Ethiopia.I am degree holders from Haramaya university. currently i am working in commercial bank of Ethiopia. I want to use this chance. so contact me through 0929951692

20. Genemo Negawo

April 22, 2016 at 6:26 AM

hello dear my name is Genemo Negewo from Ethiopia now am fourth year engineering student at Adama science and technology university and my long dream is study abroad please if get chance contact me by phone 0921081584 or leninnegawo@mail.com thank you

21. Biniyam Gelaye Hunde

April 22, 2016 at 10:25 AM

BA in Accounting from Ethiopian university 2014/2015

22. Biniyam Gelaye Hunde

April 22, 2016 at 10:31 AM

BA in Accounting from Ethiopian university 2014/2015 Currently I am working in cooperative bank of oromia

23. Tommy banks

July 27, 2016 at 8:47 PM

I’m tommy banks from Malawi. I have just finished my first year pursuing development economics at LUANAR but I would love to join your scholarship. I would be happy if you will consider my request.

24. Hellen Hilson

August 15, 2016 at 5:01 AM

Creative suggestions , I learned a lot from the analysis . Does someone know where my company might be able to get access to a sample IRS 1120 form to type on ?

25. Hodo Hassan

August 29, 2016 at 3:57 PM

my name is hodo igratuated high school ilike to get this scholarship thank you iam from Somalia phone.252634401497 Email.hodo abdilahi@gmail.com

26. Simon Tesfom Araya

September 22, 2016 at 12:14 PM

My name is Simon Tesfom. I’m from Eritrea. I’m graduated of Banking at college of business and economics hal-hale in Diploma, in 2014. so I want to use this opportunity join your university to upgrade my diploma. please contact me through my E-mail address tesfomsimon@yahoo.com. Thanks for your response!

27. AGABA RONALD

November 13, 2016 at 3:46 PM

HELO I am AGABA RONALD from Uganda and i just completed my high school hoping to join University but unfortunately my parents do not have money to further my education therefore i would really be so grateful in case am given this opportunity. I can be contacted on the this mobile number +256 752097097