Apply For The Penstar Essay Competition For $1,000

ess

The Pensters is providing a college scholarship of $1,000 to a proud winner of The Pensters writing contest.

How to Participate in the Contest

Step 1. Write a creative narrative essay in English (400-500 words). Follow our requirements for essay writing, which are stated below.

Step 2. Send your essay to support@thepensters.com till May 31, 2016. Together with the essay, add all of your contact information:

name/surname
attending college/high school
year of graduation
major
phone number
e-mail
Step 3. Wait for us to contact you by June 15, 2016, because if you get a note from us – you are the winner!

Essay Requirements

Essay length should be a minimum of 400-500 words.
Answer the following questions in your essay:
Who is the Penster?

What is his/her story?
Why does our world need heroes like him/her?
The recommended essay type would be narrative writing, but we give you complete freedom to express yourself in your own way. So don’t limit yourself to the suggested narrative writing, which normally would suit this task best.
Do not write about yourself and don’t try to explain why you deserve to win the scholarship. We only care about the quality and creativity of your writing. Your reasons for participating and the explanations on why you need the money are not relevant in this case.
Any point of view is acceptable. However, there must be no racism, sexism or fascism in your story. It is really hard to get these things into an essay about the Penster, so please don’t try to do it ?.
If you use clichés, use amusing ones. It is also okay to use slang as long as your writing style requires it. However, we would strongly recommend you to avoid profanity.
You don’t have to stick to academic style in this essay – you have enough of that in college, after all. So be creative.

We don’t care about your gender, age, race or nationality. Our only requirement is that you should be a current high school/college/university student. Only in this case, will we check your essay.

Deadline: May 31, 2016

Click Here For More Information

1. Shamshadin kassim omer

September 25, 2015 at 4:31 PM

My name is Shamshadin Kassim Omer. I was graduated from jigjiga university, Ethiopia by BSC of electrical & computer engineering (communication stream). I want to upgrade my qualification if I got this opportunity. please contact me by Email: shadokassim@gmail.com phone number: +251920905316

2. juhar hassen ali

September 25, 2015 at 8:14 PM

My name is Juhar Hassen.I’m graduated from Hawassa University,ETHIOPIA,with B.S.c degree in water resources and irrigation engineering.I want to upgrade my gualification if i got this oppourtunity contact me by email-johassen93@gmail.com.phone number:-+251910008103.I look forward to hear good news from you.

3. c/rizaaq aadan maxamed

September 26, 2015 at 2:50 PM

my name is c/rizaaq aadan maxamed I live in mogadishu somaliya really Iam finished in my hight school for last year so cant pay a expencive of a university specially the progam of bussines ok help me for my education ok contacr me by email bare2012@hotmail.com and my number is +252618349623 :really everry time I waiting for agood news

4. dagmawit hailemichael

September 27, 2015 at 11:54 PM

hellow im dagmawit hailemichael from Addis Ababa,Ethiopia im grade 11 i want to be a doctor,specialized in cardiology in order to filfull my dream im going to need ur help if u willing to give me this opportunity i’d be so greatful pls contact me on my phone 251918793095 or 251910663609

5. Abdi

October 9, 2015 at 7:47 AM

good news.

6. Salim afandi

October 19, 2015 at 6:31 PM

7. Salim afandi

October 19, 2015 at 6:34 PM

My name is salimafandi ilive indirredawa university iwish toget this apportunity ifigetthis chanse Guutuu10@gmail.com

8. Bedilu Asfaw

November 15, 2015 at 5:07 AM

i would like to learn scholarship study in law, according to minimize weak participations of democracy.let’s contact 0917405299 i’m in teaching profesion ETHIOPIA

9. Wilfred Ani

November 29, 2015 at 11:04 AM

Hello, I would very much like to do an internship in a biological field in any developed country around the world. Please if there anything you can do to help, kindly send me a mail. Thank you!

10. Tobias Casey

March 3, 2016 at 12:46 PM

My name is Tobias Casey. I am a freelance writer with more than 5 years of experience in content writing and blogging, currently employed by noplag.com where I help them with their blog. Also, on a part time basis, I do freelance tutoring. Working in the education sphere, I realized how important it is to be helpful and to be able to deal with any problems students may have in their learning process. If you have any questions or just want to chat about writing, do not hesitate to contact me at email:caseytobb@gmail.com

11. jasmine