The Georg Eckert Institute Library is an unparalleled resource for international textbook research, as is demonstrated by the continuously high demand among researchers from Germany and abroad for the research facilities it provides.
‣ In order to fulfill its purpose, the Institute relies upon close and ongoing contact with scholars and educational practitioners from Germany and around the world. With this in mind, the Institute and its association of supporters have established a fGEI Fellowship Programme for the promotion of international academic exchange and the development of international textbook research, with a particular emphasis on comparative approaches.
To be eligible for the GEI Fellowship Programme , the applicant must have:-
‣ hold a university degree, or have attained a comparable qualification in the field of education. University also welcome applications from people who are involved in the writing of textbooks or employed by textbook publishers, as well as those whose activities in the field of education are concerned with curricula and textbooks.
‣ The work to be undertaken during the fellowship must be conducive to the Institute’s own work or projects in the field of international textbook research. Some fellowships are reserved for individuals who conduct projects affiliated with the Institute.
‣ Candidates will receive notification of the selection panel’s decision by the end of November 2015.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Please send your application, containing all required documents in the required format (in one PDF-file, max. 2 MB), by e-mail.
‣ The application should contain:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15 September 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.