2016 Benjamin A Gilman International Scholarship For Students To Study In USA

2016 Benjamin A Gilman International Scholarship For Students To Study In USA

The Benjamin A Gilman International Scholarship Program offers awards for undergraduate study abroad and was established by the International Academic Opportunity Act of 2000. This scholarship provides awards for US undergraduate students who are receiving Federal Pell Grant funding at a two-year or four-year college or university to participate in study and intern abroad programs worldwide.

Applications are invited for Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program available for US undergraduate students who are planning to study and intern abroad. Over 2,700 Benjamin A.Gilman International scholarships of up to $5,000 will be awarded. Eligible programs must be a minimum of four weeks (28 days) and can be as long as one academic year. Short-term programs are eligible as long as they fall within the eligible start dates for each cycle and are at least four weeks (28 days) in length. Programs going to more than one country are eligible if the student will be in one country for at least four consecutive weeks.

The Benjamin A Gilman International Scholarship Program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and is open to all U.S. citizen undergraduates, in good academic standing, who meet the criteria listed below:

‣ The applicant must be receiving a Federal Pell Grant or provide proof that he/she will be receiving a Pell Grant at the time of application or during the term of his/her study abroad program or internship.

‣ The applicant is applying to or has been accepted into a study abroad program or internship eligible for credit by the student’s accredited institution of higher education in the US

‣ The applicant is studying or interning abroad for at least four weeks (28 days) in one country – or two weeks (14 days) for current community college students – and no more than one academic year. Programs going to more than one country are eligible if the student will be in one country for at least four consecutive weeks.

‣ The applicant is studying or interning abroad in any country except Cuba or a country on the U.S. Department of State’s current Travel Warning list. Students applying to programs in Mexico may only apply for scholarships to support study in Mexican states where no advisory is in effect according to the U.S. Department of State Travel Warning list.

Selection Criteria for  Benjamin A Gilman International Scholarship

‣ The US Department of State’s goal for the Gilman Program is to broaden the student population that studies and interns abroad by supporting undergraduates who might otherwise not participate due to financial constraints.

‣ The Gilman Scholarship Program aims to support a diverse range of students who have been traditionally under-represented in education abroad, including but not limited to:

• Students with high financial need;
  • Students from diverse ethnic backgrounds;
  • Students going to non-traditional countries, especially those outside Western Europe, Australia, and New Zealand;
  • Students from a diverse range of institutions, including community colleges, Historically Black Colleges and Universities, Tribal Colleges, Hispanic-Serving Institutions and other Minority-Serving Institutions;
  • Students with disabilities;
  • First generation college students; and
  • Students in underrepresented fields of study, especially the STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics).

Notification:

‣ All applicants will be notified via email of the status of their application in December.

Scholarship Application Method

There are two components to the Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Application:

• Online application ( Online Application ) which includes uploading official transcripts.
  • Online certifications from the applicant’s study abroad and financial aid advisor.
  • Both components must be completed by the deadlines below in order for your application to be accepted. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered and extensions cannot be granted.

‣ Scholarship Applications are due on October 6, 2015.

‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website

‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.

For more Information about Benjamin A Gilman International Scholarship

1. Alkadir yibrie Abdie

October 6, 2015 at 2:34 PM

My name is Alkadir yibrie Abdie from Ethiopia, I have Bsc degree in water resource and Irrigation management from Gondar University in Etioipia. Please contact 0918155777

• daniel

October 7, 2015 at 7:04 PM

i am daniel and waiting to join univercity god willing i wanna have this scholarship. my email: danihelkiflu@gmail.com:,phone no: +251932199531

• zerihun sorsa Geleso

October 11, 2015 at 4:40 PM

i,m zerihun sorsa Geleso from Ethiopia i have BSC DEGREE in medical laboratory technology i would like to get master from your great university please call me on +251910106060 thank you for all

2. Ibrahim Roba Bude

October 6, 2015 at 3:24 PM

Hi dear I am from Ethiopia and I have been graduated from jigjiga university in accounting and finance my BA degree. I want to study MA degree.c.contact me through my phone number 0921473153 & email.

3. DEREJE NEGESA

October 7, 2015 at 5:30 AM

I H AVE CIVIL ENGINEER DEGRE 0921390858 ETHIOPIA

4. mohamed mohamoud soubaneh

October 7, 2015 at 9:58 AM

me name s med moud i have bsc degree of eonomic systeme i want to get this scholarship please contact me +25377705293 and email hassan.mahamoud@outlook.fr

5. kedir siad

October 9, 2015 at 5:01 AM

my is kedir siad in Ethiopia i want to get bsc so this is my short term goal so plz contact me +251915413307 or khadar_1995@hotmail.com

6. Zubeer huseen

October 9, 2015 at 12:33 PM

Hi my name is zubeer hussein i live in mogadisho I studied secondary at imaam shaafi’ school i want bacholar degree of information technology plz contact me my no:+252615678273

7. Ainomugisha tashious

October 10, 2015 at 4:27 PM

I request for a scolarship in USA as a LAW Student. I am from Uganda. contact me; 256774187791

8. saki mha abdi

October 10, 2015 at 4:58 PM

iam looking for to staded education for abrod

• saki mha abdi

October 10, 2015 at 5:02 PM

my phone is 2522634972863 iam somali iam player iam gonna to acedamy footpall in USA

9. Nduwayo Thérence

October 11, 2015 at 11:21 AM

I Am Nduwayo Thérence,i Am From Burundi.I Am At University Of Burundi In Faculty Of Arts,social And Sciences, Department Of English Language And Literature In First Bachelor.I Wish To Study At Your University For Ameliorating My Kowledge In Any Given Carrier.Please Make Me Get That Chance.

October 11, 2015 at 12:29 PM

Hello my name is gange hoka haile i would have diploma at water technology pleace contact me hailehoka@yahoo.com +25926351992

11. gange hoka haile

October 11, 2015 at 12:48 PM

I am from ethiopia i have diploma at water technology pleace contact me hailehoka@yahoo.com +25926351992

12. Abdiweli Abdi Aziz Jama

October 20, 2015 at 3:33 AM

Hi! dear sir or madam, my name is Abdiwali Abdi Aziz Jama. i am from somalia, i gratuated at secondary school. i am very interesting to join your scholarships. please help me to get that oppurtunity. contact me by Email: gobsoor74@gmail.com or Tell: 00252907747317. thanks for your feedback.

13. mohamud Abdullahi Jama

October 20, 2015 at 3:40 AM

Hi! dear sir or madam, my name is Mohamud Abdullahi Jama. i am from somalia, i gratuated at secondary school. i am very interesting to join your scholarships. please help me to get that oppurtunity. contact me by Email: mohamadduuapdalle@gmail.com or Tell: 00252907464342 thanks for your feedback.

14. Zakarie abdinasir

October 20, 2015 at 4:31 AM

May name zakarie abdinasir i am somali i need to scholarship becouse i complete high school there fore may parent have not money which to joined university please and please help me may phone number +252907359377 or email sakariye2500@gmail.com

15. nabera Remy

October 20, 2015 at 7:16 AM

Hello

16. derara geda

October 20, 2015 at 10:49 AM

my name is derara geda from Ethiopia, I have started study hydraulic&water resource at arba minch university please contact me 0925597225

17. GETU DEGEFE DIBABA

October 27, 2015 at 9:07 AM

I`M GETU I LIVE IN ETHIOPIA I WILL FINISH MY ON JULY 2016 IN APPLIED BIOLOGY SO I WANT TO CONTINUE MY MS IN UNIVERSITY OF USA IF YOU AGREED PLEASE CONTACT ME ON MY EMAIL.

18. Chimwemwe G kasakula

October 27, 2015 at 10:04 PM

My name is chimwemwe G Kasakula i live in Malawi. I graduated from secondary school in 2012 and my parents couldn’t provide for me for my tertiary education so am desperately need this scholarship. Please contact me on my e-mail

19. Zewdu Teshome

November 25, 2015 at 9:01 AM

my name is Zewdu Teshome from Ethiopia and I was graduated from Haramaya university in BSc degree of Hydraulic Engineering. Therefore, I want to study this scholarship. Please contact me by phone no 0913491005 or email zewduteshome82@gmail.com. Thank you for your kindness and I am waiting for your reply.

20. khalid mohamed

November 25, 2015 at 9:06 AM

hi please help me my name is khalid mohamed iam from somalia please contact me my phone number +252 63 4447889

21. Mohamed Sannoh

November 26, 2015 at 9:38 AM

I am sierra leonean with HND in computer science and willing to grab this opportunity

22. belayneh demissie

December 30, 2015 at 8:05 PM

sir/madam I Am Belayneh Demissie From Ethiopia.firstly i wanna to thank Your government ,whom endow us such golden opportunity.i have been graduated by chemical engineering recently on june 2015.i would like to proceed in Msc. Level by chemical engineering or related field. i have great respect and passion to Your Beloved community as we has long aged relation with our country Ethiopia. Could You Contact Me kindly? email Belaydemissie565@gmail.com phone +251920057943 i hope you will accept me and i also be one of your famous university community. thanks With best regards

23. tewodros abera

January 2, 2016 at 10:18 PM

i graduares in this year 2015/16 from haramaya university(ethiopia) by hydraulic and water resource ebgineering.if i get the chance contact me.

24. tewodros abera

January 2, 2016 at 10:19 PM

i graduares in this year 2015/16 from haramaya university(ethiopia) by hydraulic and water resource engineering.if i get the chance contact me.

25. tewodros abera

January 8, 2016 at 6:09 AM

i graduates in this year 2015/16 from haramaya university (ethiopia) by hydraulic and water resource engineering. if i get the chance contact me by Teddyabera21@gmail com

26. Melese Reta

January 13, 2016 at 6:30 AM

My name is Melese Reta from Ethiopia. I was graduated in Civil Engineering from Jimma University in Ethiopia with B.Sc.degree. I would like to get this scholarship opportunity to study my M.Sc in related field.please contact me by: phone number: +251912810451 or Email:melukoo2013@gmail.com thank you with best regards!!

27. mohamed

January 14, 2016 at 1:07 PM

My name is mohamed I am student in Somalia I completed secondary school the last year please let me chance to improve my education i student poor really want to help me with you please contact my email is caliyeeta@hotmail.com tell is+252618954221