2016 Dick Martin Scholarship Award for Canadian and International students In Canada

The Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) is offering Dick Martin Scholarship Award for Canadian and International students enrolled in a Canadian school. Scholarship is available to any student enrolled, either full-time or part-time, in an occupational health and safety related course or program leading to an occupational health and safety certificate, diploma or degree at an accredited college or university in Canada. The application deadline is January 31st each year.

Study Subject(s): Scholarship is awarded in in an occupational health and safety related course or program. Programs include mine safety, occupational or industrial health and safety, industrial hygiene, safety management or other related safety degree program.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing certificate, diploma or degree program at an accredited college or university in Canada.
Scholarship Provider: The Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS), Canada
Scholarship can be taken at: Canada

Eligibility:

Any student enrolled, either full-time or part-time, in an occupational health and safety (OHS) related course or program at an accredited Canadian college or university leading to a certificate, diploma or degree in OHS. Programs include mine safety, occupational or industrial health and safety, industrial hygiene, safety management or other related safety program. Student does not have to be Canadian however they need to must be enrolled in a Canadian school.
Note: CCOHS employees, children or relatives of employees are not eligible for this scholarship award.

Scholarship Open for International Students:
Canadian and International students enrolled in a Canadian school can apply for this college scholarship.

Scholarship Description: The CCOHS Council of Governors established this scholarship fund in 2002 in the memory of Dick Martin, a tireless health and safety advocate and a pioneer of workplace health and safety in Canada. Awarded annually, this $3,000 national scholarship is available to any student enrolled, either full-time or part-time, in an occupational health and safety related course or program leading to an occupational health and safety certificate, diploma or degree at an accredited college or university in Canada. Programs include mine safety, occupational or industrial health and safety, industrial hygiene, safety management or other related safety degree program.

Number of award(s): There are three awards available.

Duration of award(s): Not Known

What does it cover? Two awards of $3,000 each will be granted to one college and one university student. An award of $500 will be granted to each of the winning students’ academic institutions.

Selection Criteria: A Selection Committee will score the applications based on the following criteria: Completed application form, one page cover letter and 1,000-1,200 word essay. Essays will be judged on the intellectual content, the practical and theoretical value and the presentation and style.

Notification: All applicants will be notified of the Selection Committee’s decision. Two winners (one from a college and one from a university) will be announced in early May during North American Occupational Health and Safety (NAOSH) Week. Winners are notified by telephone or email. CCOHS will also issue a news release during NAOSH week with the names of the winners.

How to Apply:

All submissions must include a completed online application form, cover letter and essay (applicants will be evaluated based on the submission and completion of all three documents). A Selection Committee will score the applications based on the following criteria:
-Completed online application form
-One page cover letter:
-1,000-1,200 word essay on one of the following: Prevention Essay: Choose a high risk workplace hazard. How would you work to solve and create awareness about the issue; Technical Essay: Research an existing or emerging hazard or risk (coverage may include how to identify, assess and control the risks).

Application Form

Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is January 31st each year.

Further Official Scholarship Information and Application

1. Shamshadin kassim Omer

October 14, 2015 at 6:33 PM

My name is Shamshadin Kassim Omer. I was graduated from jigjiga university, Ethiopia by BSC of electrical & computer engineering. I need scholarship please help me to get scholarship for masters degree related to electrical & computer engineering (communication stream).please contact me by Phone Number: +251920905316 Email:shadokassim@gmail.com P.o.Box 436 Harar,Ethiopia

2. fikru abebe

October 15, 2015 at 8:18 AM

My name is fikru abebe. I was graduated from hawassa university, Ethiopia by BSC of food science and post harvest technology. I need scholarship please help me to get scholarship for masters degree related to food science and technology, food and beverage technology,food processes engineering etc.please contact me by Phone Number: +251917100082 Email:fikruabebe14@gmail.com Addis Abeba,Ethiopia

3. serjeba jemal

October 16, 2015 at 10:12 PM

hello dear name is serjeba jemal i am from Ethiopian ,i am graduated BA degree of Accounting&Fiance from Dire Dawa university of Ethiopian i also apply for free offering to attend my Master degree education, i always delivered from the third developing Counters, i wont to improve my up geared education from you , i will be your reword from as for this your assisting ,thanks the depth of my heart contact me my phone is 25191678298 or email serjebajemal11@gmail. com

4. sado ali

October 20, 2015 at 8:05 PM

Hi my name sado ali lam from somalia lgraduated secondry school lwant attend universty but reallylhave n’t enough money please request giveme universty free contact +2524371447

5. Abakar musa Hamed

October 26, 2015 at 6:21 PM

Hi my name Abakar Musa from Sudan Darfur I hope to studying Canada university 0041765374397

6. ahmed

October 30, 2015 at 11:25 AM

hi ma name is ahmed nasir my parents cant pay my university bill so iwish to help me out to finish ma education career….thank you

7. Okunola oladele

October 30, 2015 at 10:54 PM

Pls i need more information about this scholarship.

October 31, 2015 at 1:05 PM

Hi my name is, mariama j jalloh I am a guinee who was born in Sierra Leone please I need this scholarship.+224669563434)(+224620848417)

9. Abiy Befikadu Sime

November 1, 2015 at 1:41 PM

My name is Abiy I am from Ethiopia I am studing pre-Engineering at Bahir Dar University please give me a chance contact me mob +251927149004 ( 0927149004)

10. clark keint nkingi

November 2, 2015 at 9:05 AM

hello am clark keint nkingi am burundian am searching for our scholarship ,i have finished secondary school am waiting for university, so i need this scolarship give me one more chance to study in our university !!thank uuuu !!!!!

11. Vanessa Chithila

November 8, 2015 at 7:42 AM

Hello am vanessa chithila from Malawi I have a diploma and I really need this scholarship give me a chance to complete my studies

December 8, 2015 at 12:33 PM

Hello dear my name is samrawit dagnaw Iam from etiopia iwas graduated economics from samara universty I interested continu realated cours or any realivant course masters degree pleas for give these chance pleas help me call me pleas +251920063336/+251937116070

13. Zeray Weldae

January 12, 2016 at 9:35 PM

I am zeray weldae from Ethiopia. i have interest to study masters degree by Electrical&computer engineering or power engineering,so please give me a chance. email: zeray.ab00@gmail.com and phone number: +251919044756 thanks very much!!!

14. Jeannette Mutegaraba

January 13, 2016 at 10:38 AM

My name is Jeannette Mutegaraba from Rwanda in Africa. I have BSC degree in Environmental health and Epidemiology Program which come from in National University of Rwanda College of Umutara Polytechnic. I don’t have income in order to continue my studies and I am totally orphan, i ask for giving me a chance to get scholarship in your country and If you have any other opportunities to get a volunteer who can help me is the best thing for me and my Country. My Email:mutegarabaj2@gmail.com. I THANK YOU FOR EVERY THING WHICH YOU WILL SUPPORT ME

15. gebrehiwet

May 23, 2016 at 12:47 PM

my name is gebrehiwet from ethiopia i have BA degree in accounting and law diploma currently i work in governmental criminal defensive office.i would like learn masters degree in related field. pleas guide me my email is gebre8989@gmail.com thank you foe all

16. brhane solomom feshation

May 31, 2016 at 6:55 AM

My name is Brhane, i’m Eritrean currently i’m in addisabeba Ethiopia as urban refugee under UNHCR,i have BA degree in nursing graduated in 2009&have more than six years work exeprence,now i would like to study my MSc in related filed please guide me by e.mail brhane_solo94@yahoo.com

17. Mohammed cusmaan

July 21, 2016 at 3:38 PM

I need this very well please call me i will pay i am form somalia my number is +252907787727