2016 FCM Undergraduate & Postgraduate Scholarship Award For Female Students, Canada

Federation of Canadian Municipalities is awarding memorial scholarships for women students who are enrolled in a Canadian college or university. FCM will award two (2) scholarships, one (1) scholarship to a student at the college /university undergraduate level, and one (1) scholarship at the university graduate level. Each award will be $4,500 and will be presented in the winner’s municipality. The application period is now opened until January 31, 2016.

Study Subject(s): Scholarship is awarded in all subjects.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing undergraduate and graduate programme at a Canadian college or university.
Scholarship Provider: Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM), Canada
Scholarship can be taken at: Canada

Eligibility:
-The scholarship is open only to women students who are enrolled in a Canadian college or university
-The student can be in any year of study as an undergraduate or graduate student.
-Applicants should be considering making a contribution to/or entering the political realm.

Scholarship Open for International Students: This memorial scholarship is open only to women students who are enrolled in a Canadian college or university.

Scholarship Description: Since 2006, an FCM scholarship has been presented to a female college or university student deemed to have submitted the best research paper on a topic related to women in politics. In June 2008, the scholarship was renamed the Mayor Andrée Boucher Memorial Scholarship, in honour of the late mayor of Quebec City.

Number of award(s): FCM will award two (2) scholarships, one (1) scholarship to a student at the college /university undergraduate level, and one (1) scholarship at the university graduate level.

Duration of award(s): Not Known

What does it cover? Each award will be $4,500 and will be presented in the winner’s municipality.

Selection Criteria: Not Known

Notification: Not Known

How to Apply:

Applications can be submitted by post or via email.
-In a cover letter, tell us how you have been involved in campus or community activities related to women’s issues.
-Submit a research paper you presented on issues related to women in politics, in any order of government.
-You must demonstrate how your area of study impacts on getting women involved in all orders of government.
-Special consideration will be given if there is a focus on municipal government.
-The research essay must be a minimum of 1,000 words.
-Applications will be kept on file and considered for up to three years, depending on eligibility.

Scholarship Application Deadline: The application period is now opened until January 31, 2016.

Further Official Scholarship Information and Application

1. hashi pafana

October 14, 2015 at 6:54 AM

iam hashi i graduated in the Department of development management living south somali is names somaliland 23 years has peace and stability than the scholarship is important for me and my country the first question says how do you get this chance who can helping this chance

2. tesfay haftu

October 14, 2015 at 3:17 PM

Iam Tesfay Haftu and I am graduated in the Department of mathematics from debre markos university and living in Ethiopia ,addis abeba working as vice principal of primary school and now I need the chance of scholar ship to attend my masters degree .Hence I would like to thank you for any aid or help that you give me . sincerely yours

3. Gemechu tesfaye

October 16, 2015 at 2:45 PM

I’m Gemechu Tesfaye. I graduated by veterniary science at Bahirdar university at Ethiopia. I would like to join your scholarship to prove my knowledge. Thank you your faithfully,

4. ndayizeye Dieudonné

October 22, 2015 at 3:57 PM

my name is NDAYIZEYE Dieudonné from BURUNDI,i really need and interested this scholarship,i have a diploma of secondary school national exam,i would like to join your scholarship and to thank you for any aid.help that you give me.please contact me on: +257 71550951 or email : dieudonnendayi11@gmail.com

5. Hewan zelalem

October 24, 2015 at 5:12 PM

hello !I am hewan I am from Ethiopia and at the end of 2015 I will finish grade 12.and I am competitive also I can embody my potential so contact me soon and help me to reach my goal.

6. Ruth kitaw

October 26, 2015 at 6:19 AM

hi! I am ruth and am from Ethiopia & am about to finsh grade 12 and I would like to have your scolar.please help me and let me achive my goal. thank you!!

7. Aregash Abera

October 30, 2015 at 8:47 AM

i am Aregash Abera i’m from Ethiopia.i have B,sc degree with natural resource management&myGPA is 3.43 i am competative student during my compus.so i nee your help to reach my goal of M,sc degree.please help me my phone is +251928769708 Thank you!!

8. sonia teklu

November 2, 2015 at 5:37 AM

this is Sonia Teklu I am an Ethiopian and currently I am leaving in Ethiopia. I got a bsc degree in environmental and water supply engineering and I would like to extend my knowledge so that I have a burning desire to get scholar in USA

9. hamda abdi abdillahi

November 2, 2015 at 8:05 PM

my names hamda i graduated secondry school i want this scolarship i live in hargeisa somalia my phone number is +252633607362

10. bethelhem fekadeselassie

November 2, 2015 at 8:29 PM

i am from ethiopia and fifth year medical student i would like to have your scholar my phone number is 251910206549

11. bethelhem fekadeselassie

November 2, 2015 at 8:32 PM

My name is Bethelhem Fekadeselassie, from Ethiopia and i am fifth year medical student i would like to have your scholar my phone number is 251910206549

12. muluemebet kifle

November 3, 2015 at 4:00 PM

I am Muluemebet Kifle,from Ethiopia and i am third year business administration student i would like to have your scholar .please conact me:emykifle3@gmail.com thank you!!

November 10, 2015 at 12:51 PM

my name is selamawit belete, I am from ethiopia,I have a diploma,so i looking for a scholrship for degree in any field.plecse contact me:selamawit24belete@gmail.com.&my phon number is 0917101320

14. hikma ahmed

November 10, 2015 at 9:38 PM

my name is hikma ahmed from Ethiopia I have nursing diploma I would like to have your scholarship

15. Getahun tagese

November 12, 2015 at 10:01 PM

Iam haue great interest for scholarship to develop knowledge, expirence of my field & lifestyles to improve.

16. GETAHUN TAGESE

November 12, 2015 at 10:34 PM

Name Getahun tagese,my departement is mathematics in wechamo university &I have great interest for scholarship to improve mathematic knewledge.please give chane at once.

17. rahel bati

November 20, 2015 at 7:40 AM

hi i’m from ethiopia &i would like to have your scholar please help me &let me achive my goal please contact me by 0915617791

18. Selamawit Yeruk

November 20, 2015 at 11:39 AM

Hello, my name is Selamawit Yeruk. I am from Ethiopia. I am first year student at Addis Ababa University (College Of Health Sciences). I really need this scholarship.

19. shindo nunow

November 22, 2015 at 9:22 AM

hello my name is shindo lam from ethiopia lam degree level Bcs at diredawa university lam very interesting this chance plz contact me 00251961399627/shiindho2122@gmail.com thankz

20. Hilif Alemayehu Megersa

November 24, 2015 at 10:01 PM

I am from Ethiopia, am 25 years old and female. I want to get a scholarship to learn in canada. U can get me on my e-mail Adress: hilifale@gmail.com and on phone number: +251 934982901 anytime. Thank you very much!!

21. senait getachew

November 26, 2015 at 7:00 AM

pls contact to me senaitgetachew7@gmail.com

22. seblewongel Esubalew

December 4, 2015 at 8:15 PM

Hello my name is seblewongel Esubalew from Ethiopia I have Bsc degree in Nurse &3years work Experience so If will get this chance,contact meby phone number+251913366994,thanks.

23. LidiyaShikur

December 6, 2015 at 2:02 PM

thank you for creating this opportunity for me and other student!!And i would like to apply for a scholarship to your country. pleas give me this chance! LIDIYASHIKUR@GMAIL.COM

24. bethelhem getahun

December 7, 2015 at 9:10 AM

iam bethelhem getahun from ethiopia .i have BA degree ln socioligy from jimma university. i am very happy if i get this chance becouse i have from economicaly poor family and i have no way to secced with my education. if you select me hir is my phon 0965787993 my email betigeta52@gmai.com

25. shindo nunow

December 10, 2015 at 8:43 AM

hello my name shindo nunow lam from ethiopian gil lam 19years old lam university student last year degree level lam very interesting plz contact me 00251961399627 /shiindho2122@gmail thankz

26. deeqow rashiid

December 22, 2015 at 9:16 AM

hello my name is deeqow lam from ethiopia lam degree Bcs at addis ababa university lam very interesting this chance plz contact me 00251937909044/decocade13@gmail.com thankz

27. hayaat yusuf

January 1, 2016 at 9:22 PM

my names hayaat yuusuf from somali iwant the scholarship i intetested plz contact me +252907699997

28. Luwam Bruk

January 11, 2016 at 4:51 PM

My name is luwam I am from Eritrea, I currently live in Ethiopia as a refugee..and I am taking marketing course thanks to the chance I got and I really want to study in Canada I look forward for your consideration

29. Luwam Bruk

January 11, 2016 at 4:54 PM

you can contact me by my facebook email luwambiruk@yahoo.com or my No +251942397572

January 16, 2016 at 6:51 PM

I Live In Ethiopa I Have A Bsc Degree .So I want To Msc Degree.

31. Firehiwot Getachew

January 19, 2016 at 8:32 AM

My name is firehiwot getachew from Ethiopia. Firstly i wanna to thank your FCM, I have been graduated BSC nursing. I would like to be one of your student who will attend masters program in your university by related field. Could you contact me kindly? My phone is +251910134029

32. manuela

January 26, 2016 at 10:14 AM

hi i am manuela from Ethiopia i am learning marketing managment i am about to grduate so i want to learn there on the same field for masters degree so pls contact me on my phone +251936560145 or my e-mail manuelabockor21@gmail.com

February 18, 2016 at 11:36 AM

I am Agnez Endrias from Ethiopia I have B.sc degree in mathematics from Ambo University. I would like to join scholarship if I get the chance to improve my knowledge and achieve my goal if you are oke to help me contact me with a phone 0972586450 or. 0921600796 Thank you for your support!!!!!!

34. Rwomushana charles

February 23, 2016 at 11:40 AM

my name is Rwomushana Charles from Rwanda i really need and interested this scholarship,i have a diploma of secondary school national exam,i would like to join your scholarship and to thank you for any aid help that you give me please contact me on: +250783469649 or email : rwomucharles@gmail.com

35. seble

March 4, 2016 at 7:49 AM

my name is seble megersa from Ethiopia I really interested in this scholarship and I am learning to bahirdar University in engineering department please help and support me.my email address seblewongealmegersa@gmail.com.Thank you

March 9, 2016 at 4:08 PM

hi my name is fikrte fisseha and i am from ethiopia i want to get this opportunity to be success and to accomplish my ambition

37. hayat alemu

June 8, 2016 at 10:46 AM

My name is Hayat Alemu.I live in Ethiopia. I am 25 years old.I have a BA degree in Economics from University.Hoping my selection i remain.

38. nimco

October 13, 2016 at 6:54 PM

My name is Nimo dahir iam from Somalia Igratuate high school interested in this opportunity to study and I will be grateful if I will be given the chance to study plz contact me :00252634040081/002522634400034