2016 Graduate School of Science (GSS) Scholarship for International Students in Japan

GSS Scholarship is available for international students who have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement. Scholarship is awarded for a total of five years starting from the enrollment in a master’s degree course to the end of a three-year Ph.D. course from April/September, 2016 to March/August, 2021. This scholarship provides a monthly stipend of 150,000 yen. The application deadline is October 1 – 31, 2015 for those entering in April and April 1 – 30, 2016- for those entering in September.

Study Subject(s): Scholarship is awarded in all subjects available within the graduate school of science.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing master’s degree programme at the University of Tokyo in Japan.
Scholarship Provider: Graduate School of Science (GSS), University of Tokyo, Japan
Scholarship can be taken at: Japan

Eligibility:

Self-Supported Students with excellent grades who pass the entrance examination for the Master’s rogram at the Graduate School of Science and who newly come to Japan as a student will qualify and enter the program in either April or September 2016. Priority goes to UTRIP (University of Tokyo Research Internship Program) participants. Recipients of other scholarships starting from April or September 2016 are not eligible. There is a possibility that an applicant might be required to withdraw from this scholarship if the applicant is deemed to be the recipient of another scholarship.

Scholarship Open for International Students: International students can apply for this GSS scholarship.

Scholarship Description: The University of Tokyo provides international students with access to a number of financial aid options that cover various forms and purposes, including school expense exemptions, scholarships, emergency loans, and student discounts. The Graduate School of Science has established a new scholarship called the “Graduate School of Science (GSS) Scholarship for International Students,” which provides financial support to international students for a total of five years starting from the enrollment in a master’s degree course to the end of a three-year Ph.D. course. The purpose of this scholarship is twofold: to financially support Self-Supported International Students whose academic performance is outstanding and to increase the number of students from abroad.

Number of award(s): University of Tokyo will be offering few awards for enrolling in April or September.

Duration of award(s): Scholarship will be awarded for a total of five years starting from the enrollment in a master’s degree course to the end of a three-year Ph.D. course from April/September, 2016 to March/August, 2021.

What does it cover? This scholarship provides a monthly stipend of 150,000 yen to self-supporting international students who have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement, with the aim of increasing the number of international students.
Selection Criteria: The scholarship will be awarded to demonstrated outstanding academic achievement, with the aim of increasing the number of international students.

Notification: The recipient will be decided by the Dean based on the nomination from the Selection Committee. The notification will be sent to the applicant by e-mail in one month after the acceptance letter for the Master’s Program is sent out.

How to Apply:

Applicants should submit the GSS Scholarship application form to the Graduate School Office at the time of their Graduate School application for admission to the Master’s Program. Application Documents:
-GSS Scholarship Application
-One letter of recommendation from a faculty member of your college or university
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is October 1 – 31, 2015 for those entering in April and April 1 – 30, 2016- for those entering in September.

Further Official Scholarship Information and Application

1. Saidou Baldeh

October 26, 2015 at 9:45 AM

I am very Happy to received your messages.I am a college graduate and now looking for a scholarship to pursue my degree.

2. shamshadin kassim omer

October 26, 2015 at 6:12 PM

My name is Shamshadin Kassim Omer. I was graduated from jigjiga university, Ethiopia by BSC of electrical & computer engineering. I need scholarship please help me to get scholarship for masters degree related to electrical & computer engineering (communication stream).please contact me by Phone Number: +251920905316 Email:shadokassim@gmail.com P.o.Box 436 Harar,Ethiopia

3. Chimwemwe Kingsley Mkwate

October 29, 2015 at 11:19 AM

My Name Is Chimwemwe Mkwate From Malawi I Finish My Msce And I Need Ascolarship In Nursing Courses Contact +265888794935 And My Email Is javiermkwate@gmail.com I Will Be Happy If My Request Is Answered Thank You

4. Wondimagegn Nigussie

October 29, 2015 at 1:59 PM

To sir/ Madame hey, Am from Ethiopia & citizen of Ethiopian, I have BA in Accounting with GPA 3. 72 GC 2012. And currently now i have to looking postgraduate MBA free scholarship. So Please help me by giving this honorable chance from your university. For more information please contact me via email address & Mobile no_ (251) 912183640. pobox. 2254 Hawassa, Ethiopia

5. yaasir ismaaciil subagdhame

November 2, 2015 at 3:56 AM

Dearsir/madam,my name is yasser ismael.Am somali and I am 17 years old am a highschool school graduate.please I wud love tohave scholarships from in order for I to pursue my dreams. connect me my Email. subagdhame112@gmail.com please reply me for my email

• Khader Ali Osman

November 2, 2015 at 6:16 AM

My name is kHADAR ALI OSMAN. I was graduated from ADMAS UNIVERSITY INCASE HARGIESA SOMALIA, by( ECONOMICS) SOCIAL SCIENES. I need scholarship please help me to get scholarship for masters degree related to ECONOMICS .please contact me by Phone Number: +252634211088 Email:Xaraaro30@gmail.com

6. hemed shaban

November 2, 2015 at 6:20 AM

am from tanzania search for study of degree of medicine at your college

7. Leo Moha Farah

November 2, 2015 at 6:31 AM

Plz i need schoolership i don’t edication my dad is dead my mother is old so plz help me those who are managers plz….

8. Leo Moha Farah

November 2, 2015 at 6:34 AM

Plz replay me my email liibaan.cade143@hotmail.com Thank you…

November 2, 2015 at 12:53 PM

my name is ndizeye kenny i’m from Rwanda i’m graduated in senior 3 in electronics&telecommunication pls help me to get schoolship becouse I don’t have enough money to continue my studies

10. Dennis Mwenda

November 2, 2015 at 12:58 PM

Iam Dennis Mwenda from Zambia,I want to pursue a degree in Computer Science.Contact me on +260961272759,I’m expecting to hear from you soon.

11. melke

November 2, 2015 at 4:20 PM

i am from ethiopia ihave bsc degree in civil engineering would u help me to contniue my eduction in any technology class?

12. molibeli molibeli

November 3, 2015 at 5:47 AM

i have finished my high school and i would be happy if i culd be given a scholarship to study technology or any science subject in Japan..my regards to the schorlaship donor.

13. gershom mwale

November 3, 2015 at 6:12 PM

Hi,my gershom mwale who is double orphan.finshed high school but not having anyone to support me.please please am begging to you help me ….my email is gershommwale90@gmail.com

14. ahmed mohamed farah

November 5, 2015 at 8:26 AM

Name ahmed mohamed farah Tell +252907785462 Location taleex khatumo somalia Appleying position in scholership I will successes

15. Daniel Mwansa

November 5, 2015 at 9:23 AM

My name is Daniel Mwansa from Zambia… I completed my o level secondary education in 2014. Am in need of a scholarship to pursue my dreams for i know i hold great potential in me and i would surely make it at your university. furthermore i would like to know and study de Japan culture while i persue my dreams in engineering.. Your consideration and favour to this request will be highly appreciated…. you can contact me at +260964090660 o email me at mwansad5@gmail.com… My regards.

November 5, 2015 at 9:05 PM

I am solomon shawo from ethiopia,graduated with agri from gonadar university.I want to study BS In canada imform with 25197786125(0917786125).

17. Bill Chanda

November 7, 2015 at 8:33 AM

I am Bill Chanda from Zambia and am interested in studying electrical in Japan. My e-mail is chandawilliam2012@yahoo.com.

18. wondemagegn abayneh

November 8, 2015 at 5:33 AM

my name is wondemagegn abayneh from ethiopia and i am 3 year economics students know i would like to join your scolarship thank you for all please contact me 0913557425

19. Mohamed dahir jama

November 8, 2015 at 2:37 PM

I live in somalia i am graduater in school, also i interest schoolarship intertional so i haven’t money to study university and my parent already was dead pls and pls contact me 00252907596994 good bye

20. Amara m.kromah

November 9, 2015 at 12:12 AM

Sir,Dear Mm I’m Amara m.kromah student of science experimental from Monrovia,Liberia. I’ll be so glad when I be selected by you. Please contact this +231 770198714:

November 9, 2015 at 6:59 AM

am ephraim chinyama from zambia looking for scholarship my family is not financially fit to sponsor me please help me out you can contact me on this line+260965747790.i will highly appreciate if my plea will be considered.

22. Wincaster kivuva

November 11, 2015 at 9:50 AM

Am a Kenya persuing education program and am ineed of scholarship

23. Catherine Banda

November 11, 2015 at 12:36 PM

Hello am catherine Banda from Malawi,i would like to av a scholarship to study in japan,i have MSCE,my contact is +265881821192 email chimwemwechimbereko@oibm.com

24. ahmed abdul gafar

November 11, 2015 at 2:36 PM

Am ahmed abdul gafar from Ghana and am seeking for scholarship because due to financial problem..am a senior high school student but I did not graduate because of this situation I was sack from the school.You Contact or Whatsapp me on 233248598656. Thank you

25. Anthony simfukwe

November 12, 2015 at 9:19 AM

hi am a zambian school leaver who completed school last year,how can I get admission at your institution.

• Anonymous

November 13, 2015 at 11:58 PM

My names are Mwansa Mwansa from Zambia aged 18. I am looking for a scholarship to study civil engineering abroad. I completed my high school education last year. How can I gain admission into the university?

• Mwansa Mwansa

November 14, 2015 at 12:00 AM

My names are Mwansa Mwansa,a female from Zambia aged 18. I am looking for a scholarship to study civil engineering abroad. I completed my high school education last year. How can I gain admission into the university?

26. Innocent Masengesho

November 12, 2015 at 11:23 AM

Hi my names are above from Rwanda i have a diproma in General Nursing so i am happy to contunue my studies in Phd your scholarship in japan please give me a chance,contact:+250782230978, inno5mas@gmail.com Thank you

27. Abdulai Kanneh

November 12, 2015 at 12:41 PM

I want you to help me in your program

28. HARRIS M.WONIYOU

November 12, 2015 at 12:52 PM

DEAR SCHOLARSHIP SPONSOR.I HAVE A FIRST DEGREE.AND WILL LOVE TO EARN A SECOND DEGREE.

29. Tuyizere Amos

November 12, 2015 at 3:52 PM

I humbly asking joing your university,i have ordinary level in education and a diploma too,please help me!

30. Barra Sanneh

November 12, 2015 at 8:28 PM

Am a college graduate. Am looking for bachelors scholarship. How can you help me with one.

31. simon makina

November 13, 2015 at 8:27 AM

hallo my name is simon makina from malawi i would like 2 get a scholarship in nursing course am holding Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE) with strong credit passes in science subjects.i wil be happy if my application meets your favourable consideratiin……

32. Daniel Moibah

November 14, 2015 at 1:32 AM

Dear sir/madam: I’m Daniel Moibah. I’m a Liberian. Please grant me this scholarship and I promise you won’t be disappointed.

33. Abdi hakiin

November 14, 2015 at 10:42 AM

May Name Abdi hakiin Mohamed Barkan i am somalia i granulated with Secondary School and want to Free scholarship because i Hope need to learning Telecommunication Engineering so help me to fine this may parent have not money Please Contect with me in Gmail abdixakiin02@gmail.com

34. Niyomwungeri Anualite

November 14, 2015 at 9:15 PM

Hey dear sir/madam am Rwandan i finished secondary last year 2014 iwant to continue my studes in technology , while i wait your good consideration your faithfull Anualite Niyomwungeri thank you

35. vikash

November 15, 2015 at 8:42 AM

hi my name is vikash and i am 23 years of age! i have completed my Advanced Diploma In Nursing and currently a registered Nurse in Fiji with 2 years of experience in the field, i would like to pursue further studies in the nursing field. Please advise at email krishaviks@yahoo.com thank you!

• Daniel Moibah

November 15, 2015 at 12:55 PM

Dear sir /madam : I’m Daniel Moibah. I’m a Liberian. Please grant me this scholarship and I promise you won’t be disappointed.

36. Fatorma Blama

November 16, 2015 at 5:58 AM

Dear sir/madam, I wish to apply for a scholarship to further my education. I am a liberian 23years of age and a student at The African methodicst episcopal university Reading Economic and public administration. my Fatorma Blama waiting for your positive answer. IN case for any contact, please contact me the following numbers ( 231)0880341256/0776452870

37. selam tadesse

December 2, 2015 at 7:40 PM

hello my name is Selam I am from Ethiopia. I have got my Bsc degree in civil engineering so I want MSC program in related fields.

38. Moktar mohamed yonis

December 5, 2015 at 4:55 PM

Iam bachelor of science Bsc at amoud university,somalia. Plz contact me mobile#: 0634662359.thnks lot

39. owusu ansah acheampong dacoster

May 23, 2016 at 8:24 AM

i am dacoster from Ghana and i want further my education at your university. i will be very happy if my reqeust may be granted. for more information you can call on my cell phone 233 248569916