2016 Hague Academy Talent of Governance Scholarship Programme in Holland For Civil Servants Of Developing Countries

In many parts of the world, local civil servants work under difficult circumstances. The communities for which they work are characterised by widespread poverty, a lack of basic services, high unemployment rates and environmental challenges. Moreover, their organisations often lack qualified staff and financial resources needed to deal with these challenges.

Still there are many young, ambitious civil servants that strive for better services and the development of their local communities. Talent for Governance supports them by providing opportunities for knowledge exchange and training so that they can develop their skills and realise their ambitions.

With a Talent for Governance scholarship, young talents at the local level increase their practical knowledge on topics such as management of waste or water, local economic development, municipal service delivery, citizen participation and accountability, fiscal decentralisation and local taxes, climate change and resilience, integrity and anti-corruption.

Application Deadline: Friday 29th of January 2016!

Eligibility:

Young civil servants working for local government in a developing country can apply for the Talent for Governance programme. They must have a strong motivation and a concrete project or idea to improve the performance of the organisation and create better services for their community.
Application is possible if you: work for a local government (not an NGO or private enterprise);

work in one of the countries listed on the DAC country list;
be 37 years of age or younger when you apply;
have at least two years of work experience in local governance and prove your commitment to work there for at least two years more;
speak and understand the English language well (all programmes are in English);
be able to write down and orally defend your motivation for and relevance of the specific programme;
be able to identify an issue/project as a real life case within the theme of the programme for which you will write a Back Home Action Plan during the Talent programme;
have written support of your employer to participate in the programme and to implement the Back Home Action Plan when you return home.

Benefits

A two week long International practice oriented training course at The Hague Academy for Local Governance
Week-long internship at a Dutch municipality

Networking activities
Back Home Action Plan
The selected talents follow international training in The Hague and an internship in a Dutch municipality.
They meet colleagues from abroad, learn from experiences in other countries and link what they have learned to the daily practice in their home countries. This will help them to achieve their personal goals and make a real difference for their local communities.

Application Process:

The Talent programme will be organised three times in 2016 and each programme will revolve around a different local governance theme. There will be just one application period.

To apply for the Talent programme candidates need to choose one of the following programme themes. These themes are based on the topics of the training course at The Hague Academy which is part of the Talent programme:

Citizen Participation & Inclusive Governance – Programme from 23 May – 10 June 2016, (more information about the training course part of the programme)
Local Economic Development – Programme from 19 September – 7 October 2016, (more information about the training course part of the programme)
Local Service Delivery- Programme from 3 – 21 October 2016, (more information about the training course part of the programme

Apply Now for the Talent of Governance Scholarship

For More Information:

Visit the Official Webpage of the 2016 Hague Academy Talent of Governance Scholarship

1. Iskindir Fetene

October 8, 2015 at 3:07 PM

I am Iskindir Fetene. I have got my degree from Bahir Dar University in Law. I have served as public prosecutor for past five years. If you can conrider my application contact me at eskofdisasa2015@gmail.com

2. Roble Ahmed Idle

October 8, 2015 at 4:54 PM

hey Gentlemen my name is rooble Ahmed iidle from Somalia am greeting all of you° and I am very very glad to verify my My applications and pass every challenge that you have display me- also I need to become one of the winners and get the scholarships of this year honour I can do what ever you need from me let’s contact Me raxmediidle@gmail.com or 00252907238084

3. Roble Ahmed Idle

October 8, 2015 at 5:35 PM

hey am in somalia and this is greeting from rooble Ahmed iidle am very glad to be your selectable of africa and want to achieve your hope and I can do what ever you ask me as soon as possible and able to pass every thing that you challenged me honour let’s contact me this raxmediidle@gmail.com or 00252907238084

4. Shamshadin kassim omer

October 8, 2015 at 5:38 PM

My name is Shamshadin Kassim Omer. I was graduated from jigjiga university, Ethiopia by BSC of electrical & computer engineering. please help me to get scholarship for masters degree related to electrical & computer engineering (communication stream). please contact me by Phone number: +251920905316. Email: shadokassim@gmail.com Post Number: 436 Harar

5. barry mamadou cire

October 11, 2015 at 3:16 AM

hello my name is barry mamadou cire i live in guinea conackry i have my bac+3 in economic i want to continiou my sturdy please help me.

6. Ismaila Manneh

October 11, 2015 at 3:53 PM

I am Ismaila Manneh from The Gambia. I am ungraduated student in grade 11 I want to further my education to the next level , but due to some circumstances I could not. But if your office grant me a schoolarship I will be very happy! I want to study Banking and finance as a of study. You can email me on ismailamanneh4@yahoo.com or contact me on +2203262691 / +2207053930. I thank you all!!!

7. zerihun sorsa Geleso

October 11, 2015 at 4:58 PM

i,m zerihun sorsa Geleso from Ethiopia i have BSC in medical laboratory technology science so i would like to get this great chance from your university please call me on +251910106060 thank you for all

8. Kassim nuri

October 20, 2015 at 2:26 PM

I am kassim nuri From Ethiopia. I have BA in administrative Service managment,in Addis ababa University. I would like to get this opportunity to partcipate with your university.For more,+251939582013

9. abdimatiin

October 26, 2015 at 4:21 AM

Hello my Name is Abdimatiin Hussein I Live in somalia i would like to anget opportuniy to study full scholarship undergraduate scholarship please and please contact me..Abdimatiin09@out­look.com

October 26, 2015 at 1:22 PM

Hi my name is ,mariama j jalloh (+224669563434)(+224620848417)

11. Hi my name is Habtamu Lombaso

October 28, 2015 at 10:48 AM

I have BA degree in Governance and Development studies from Jimma University. Habtamu from Ethiopia

12. Samrawit dagnaw says

December 8, 2015 at 2:04 PM

My name is samrawit dagnaw Iam from Ethiopia iwas graduated BA degree for economics from samara universty I interested scholar ship any field masters degree pleas help me call me now +251937116070/+251920063336

13. Aklilu

December 23, 2015 at 8:45 PM

first off all thank you for this golden chance .my name is Aklilu Ermias from Ethiopia have B A Accounting in this time i’m working let me be a child organization in finance head(accountant) above 4 years please to contact more informatiom at my email virsa .my email is hambo3durame@gmail.com and my phone line 0916621325.thank you

January 11, 2016 at 2:47 AM

I am from Ethiopia, graduated by BSc. Degree, please contact me by fb.

15. mohamed

January 14, 2016 at 3:13 PM

my name is mohamed I am student in Somalia I completed secondary school the last year I want to learn Engineering telecommunication please accept request for you to improve my education please contact my email is caliyeeta@hotmail.come

16. mohamed

January 14, 2016 at 3:16 PM

my name is mohamed I am student in Somalia I completed secondary school the last year I want to learn Engineering telecommunication please accept request with you help me let me chance to improve my education please contact my email is caliyeeta@hotmail.come