2016 IMMS Research Internship Program In Marine Studies or Related Field, USA

2016 IMMS Research Internship Program In Marine Studies or Related Field, USA

Applications are invited for IMMS Research Internship Program for Winter/Spring Session 2016. Applicants must be 18 or older and must have a genuine interest in marine research. Interns will also participate in other operations at IMMS including stranding response, education, and animal care. Applicants should be actively pursuing a college degree or be a recent graduate in oceanography, marine science/biology, biology, or a related field are eligible to apply. This is an unpaid position and Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation. Deadline to apply for the Winter/Spring session is November 1, 2015.

Field of Internship: Marine science. Interns will participate with multiple projects involving bottlenose dolphins, sea turtles and diamondback terrapins.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: The Society for Marine Mammalogy
Internship can be taken at: USA

Eligibility:

Applicants must be 18 or older and must have a genuine interest in marine research. Applicants should be actively pursuing a college degree or be a recent graduate in oceanography, marine science/biology, biology, or a related field. Previous research experience in any capacity is a plus. Applicants must be able and willing to fulfill all duties outlined for this Internship Program. This is an unpaid position and Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation. Once accepted, IMMS staff will be able to assist Interns in suggesting suitable housing options and locations.

Internship Open for International Students: International applicants are eligible to apply for this internship programme.

Is this paid internship? This is an unpaid position and Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation. Once accepted, IMMS staff will be able to assist Interns in suggesting suitable housing options and locations.

Internship Description:

The IMMS Research Internship Program is designed as a way for students interested in a career in marine science to gain valuable research experience in a real-world setting. Interns will participate with multiple projects involving bottlenose dolphins, sea turtles and diamondback terrapins. As an intern, you will be trained in all aspects of dolphin photo-id research, sea turtle satellite tracking, and other current research projects at IMMS. Interns will also participate in other operations at IMMS including stranding response, education, and animal care. Our goal is to give Interns a well-rounded experience in a variety of areas while providing expert training and experience in marine science research.

Number of awards offered: Not Known

Internship Duration:  Internship programme commit to a minimum of at least 12 weeks. The internship can be extended depending on work performance.

How to Apply:

To submit a posting send an email to the webmaster-at-marinemammalscience.org, with the text of your ad within the body of the email, or as attachment in Word or similar word processor/text editor format. AVOID PDF attachments if at all possible.

Internship Application Deadline: Deadline to apply for the Winter/Spring Session is November 1, 2015.

Further Official Scholarship Information and Application

1. Shamshadin Kassim Omer

October 13, 2015 at 5:51 PM

My name is Shamshadin Kassim Omer. I was graduated from jigjiga university, Ethiopia by BSC of electrical & computer engineering. I need scholarship please help me to get scholarship for masters degree related to electrical & computer engineering (communication stream).please contact me by Phone Number: +251920905316 Email:shadokassim@gmail.com P.o.Box. 436 Harar,Ethiopia

2. Fahmi Shamsadin

October 13, 2015 at 10:02 PM

Hello!! my name is Fahmi Shamsadin.I am from Ethiopia,now I am 2 year Electrical and Computer Engineering student at Haramaya University.pls help me to get scholarship with any field.pls contact me with my cellphone +251923815049/+251973217654. Thank u

3. liban

October 14, 2015 at 10:42 AM

Hello my name is liiban i am from somalia i need this schoolarship

4. melkamu diriba

October 14, 2015 at 6:22 PM

i want to learn free scholarship

5. Tariku Beyene

October 22, 2015 at 10:41 AM

hi iam from ethiopia studing human medicin at wachemo univeristy.pleas help me in giving this chance.mob+251928780651

6. ndayizeye Dieudonné

October 22, 2015 at 3:12 PM

my name is NDAYIZEYE Dieudonné from BURUNDI ,i reaIly need and interested this scholarship.i have a diploma in scB and a diploma of secondary school national exam so i would like to study and i want to get scholarship with any field.contact me on my number phone :+257 71550951 or my email : dieudonnendayi11@gmail.com

7. Abiy Befikadu Sime

October 28, 2015 at 11:09 AM

my name is Abiy l currently studing pre Engineering at Bahir Dar University Ethiopia l need scholarship pleace help me

November 8, 2015 at 6:38 AM

am chapas mpata am comin from malawi i need this scholarship in any field i beg u help me my phone number +265888545908

9. abraham

November 9, 2015 at 2:17 PM

I need to study my masters degree

10. Belesty Ayenew

December 15, 2015 at 7:01 AM

Hello My Name is Belesty Ayenew from ethiopia.l graduated from hawassa univeristy in Natural resource management department in degree programme and l have 4years work exprerince in goverement organization now l have afull of interest to attend MSC programmme so please contact+251913607266/belestyayw08@gmail.com

11. mohamed

January 13, 2016 at 1:21 PM

my my name is mohamed I want to join this university I want to learn Engineering telecommunication please contact to Email is caliyeeta@hotmail.com tell is +252618954221

12. Pingback: GE Nigeria Recruits Global Affordable Care Portfolio Manager - Latest Nigeria Jobs & Vacancies

13. mohamed mohmoud salah

March 3, 2016 at 8:20 AM

Hi my name is mohamed mohmoud salah am live in somalia I would like to apply this scholarship for different countries so I have finished secondary school i wrnt to study this unversity and this chance y plz help me and contact me and my phon Num +252633862453 email:- engmoha15@gmail.com

14. ENCHALEW TSEGAYEHU

May 28, 2016 at 7:56 PM

Im enchalew tsegayehu graduated from bahirdar university in statistics department/BSC. Pls help me to join ur campus. Phone no +251920261812