2016 University of Windsor School Of Computer Science Scholarship To Obtain MSc. Or PhD., Canada

The School of Computer Science, University of Windsor is offering fully funded studentship to undertake MSc. or Ph.D. program in the field of Computer Science. The successful candidate will be working with a multidisciplinary group whose research falls within the disciplines of artificial Intelligence, chaos theory, and health informatics. The candidate must have a strong background in chaos theory and probability and statistics with preference given to candidates that have published in top conference proceedings and journals in these fields. In addition preference will be given to candidates that have previous experience in machine learning and optimization. Successful candidates will receive an annual stipend of $12,000 CAD/year for Ph.D. student and $6,000 for MSc. student.

Study Subject(s): Studentships are awarded in the field of Computer Science.
Course Level: Studentships are available for pursuing MSc. or Ph.D. programme at the University of Windsor.
Scholarship Provider: University of Windsor, Canada (the project is funded through multiple NSERC grants.)
Scholarship can be taken at: Canada

Eligibility:
-The candidate must have a strong background in chaos theory and probability and statistics with preference given to candidates that have published in top conference proceedings and journals in these fields. In addition preference will be given to candidates that have previous experience in machine learning and optimization.
-All candidates will be expected to present his/her work in multiple ways (i.e. conference presentations, posters, proceedings, and journal articles), therefore strong verbal and written skills in English are required. We also are looking for someone who can work well with others and share ideas on a regular basis. Candidates must have a Master’s degree in Computer Science
-For the Ph.D. Position, however exceptionally strong candidates with a Bachelor’s degree will be considered as candidates for a Master’s degree with the expectation that the student be fast tracked to a Ph.D. after a year of study.

Scholarship Open for International Students: Canadian students can apply for these fully funded studentships.

Scholarship Description: The School of Computer Science, University of Windsor, is inviting application for fully funded MSc. or Ph.D. studentships in the field of Computer Science. The successful candidate will be working with a multidisciplinary group whose research falls within the disciplines of artificial Intelligence, chaos theory, and health informatics. The successful candidate(s) will be supervised Dr. Robin Gras. The project is funded through multiple NSERC grants. They are looking for a talented and highly motivated individual to implement and extend the P&H method for measuring chaos level. This method is a new and efficient method for detecting the random signals from deterministic signal and it is based on the Poincaré section and the Higuchi fractal dimension. This method can be used to detect chaotic behaviour in a signal. This method recently has been applied to some biomedical, ecological and financial data. A method, GenericPred, has been developed based on the P&H measure to predict the future states of complex non-linear time series. This method provides a first step towards accurate and comprehensive time series long-term predictions. Although with respect to long-term predictions it is impossible to predict the exact values, GenericPred’s performance shows great potential for predicting the time series’ trend. The successful candidate will extend the method to make the computation of the P&H measure more generic. Optimization methods will be applied and analysis of the behavior of the measure on many different conditions will be performed. New applications of the predictive methods will be developed in particular for multiple diseases diagnosis.

What does it cover? Successful candidates will receive an annual stipend of $12,000 CAD/year for Ph.D. student and $6,000 for MSc. student. Students will also be required to apply for other scholarship opportunities (NSERC, OGS, etc.) to increase their stipends.

How to Apply: All applications must be submitted electronically through the School of Graduate Studies, University of Windsor. Interested candidates should contact and submit a 1 page letter of interest, along with a CV to Dr. Robin Gras (rgras-at-uwindsor.ca)

Scholarship Application Deadline: Contact Employer

Further Official Scholarship Information and Application

1. Ensa kebbeh

October 14, 2015 at 8:46 AM

Really need it

2. Shamshadin kassim Omer

October 14, 2015 at 6:34 PM

My name is Shamshadin Kassim Omer. I was graduated from jigjiga university, Ethiopia by BSC of electrical & computer engineering. I need scholarship please help me to get scholarship for masters degree related to electrical & computer engineering (communication stream).please contact me by Phone Number: +251920905316 Email:shadokassim@gmail.com P.o.Box 436 Harar,Ethiopia

3. Samuel

October 18, 2015 at 7:26 AM

Hello dear/sir,I am samuel ataklti a 2nd year electrical&computer enginering student in mekelle universty,in mekelle,ethiopia.if u accept me for the scholarship program i ‘ll be happy.thank you your sincerly

4. yodit woldmariam

October 19, 2015 at 6:08 AM

My name is yodit woldmariam .I was born in European calander November 19 1994 .I am 3 rd year information technology student at hope universty college .I lost my father by bone cancer few years ago.I need this scholarship thank u

5. Abdata Aliyi

October 20, 2015 at 7:15 PM

I am Ethiopia I have BA degree I want to study MA degree schoolship if give chance please contact me Abdata406@gmail.com

6. Ashenafi

October 22, 2015 at 3:48 PM

A

7. NDAYIZEYE Dieudonné

October 22, 2015 at 10:55 PM

my name is ndayizeye dieudonné from burundi,i need and interested this scholarship,i have degree in scB and a diploma of secondary school national exam,i would like to join and study your scholarship,please help me i want to study computer science.please contact me on my number phone : +257 71550951 or my email: dieudonnendayi11@gmail.com

8. Abakar musa Hamed

October 26, 2015 at 4:34 PM

I improve my English because I hope to go university to stud a good education so education key of life in the my family no person having education and so right now I want one person help me Just for education so thank all of you I hope to online coming everyday thank again

9. abdou abdelkerim issa

October 26, 2015 at 4:35 PM

My name is abdou abdelkerim issa Am from chad. I have got certificate computer science at apetch computer education in Uganda. Please I need scholarship to continue up to master help me please. My contact abdouterda120@gmail.Com 0023560400003

10. Abakar musa Hamed

October 26, 2015 at 4:40 PM

my information my name is Abakar musa Hamed from Sudan Darfur right now refugees in Switzerland I hope to continued all time my friends in the online 0041765374397

11. Wondimagegn Nigussie

October 29, 2015 at 3:27 PM

To sir/Madame, hey am wondimagegn Nigussie from Ethiopia. i have BA in Accounting with GPA 3. 72 at GC 2012. Currently i have to looking postgraduate MBA free scholarship. And also am very interested to apply in your honorable university of USA & Canada. So please help me by giving this chance. for more information please contact me via email address & Mobile. email ; wondmagegn2006@gmail. com Mobile ; (251) 912183640. p o. box 2254 Hawassa, Ethiopia.

12. Abel Mihiretie

October 30, 2015 at 6:51 PM

am Abel Mihiretie From Ethiopia, I have BSC Degree in Statistics & Probability. and also i have two years work experiance by Computer Science. i need free scholarship MSC Program,and also am very interested to applay in your University in the field of Computer Science. so please help to me by giving this chance i want to study Computer Science. Please Contact Me, Mobile Phone +251 918 546 168, Email Adress:- Abel.Mihiretie21@gmail.com Thank You

October 31, 2015 at 9:52 AM

Hi,i am tigist alemu from Ethiopia i have BA Degree in Accounting, if you give to chance for Masters degree, i well learn then if contact with me 251-09-60-97-35-46(+2510913910576)

14. zayid ismail

November 29, 2015 at 1:39 PM

sir/madam my name is zayid Ismail from Somalia am very glad to meet this scholarship I am wanna to study computer science but I don’t have money to study please help me contact me my Email:: zayidismail@gmail.com or phone:: 252634677447 I wish to accept me my request thanks too much

15. said nur cadde

December 11, 2015 at 7:23 AM

i am 19 yrs only and i am in somalia i would like to be your applied person if you can because i like to learn developed universities if you gave me and i graduated in high school so i have one year experience and now i didnt learn any university because i cannot that so please help me and contact with my phone as well as possible 00252907716485 or +252907610163

16. Feyisa

December 17, 2015 at 10:02 AM

my name is feyisa I wants to increase my education to MSc in computer science ,please contant me by this mail

March 9, 2016 at 4:16 PM

hi i am lidiya getachew i am from ethiopia i have graduate on applyed physics in dilla university i want to get this opportunities to be success and hard work i would like to say thank you for giving this chance to apply my request