The Utrecht Excellence Scholarship offers a number of outstanding prospective students the opportunity to pursue a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a selected number of fields at Utrecht University.
Utrecht University, Netherlands
Field of study:
International Bachelor’s programmes:
• Economics and Business Economics
• Liberal Arts & Sciences at University College Utrecht
International Master’s programmes offered by the following Graduate Schools:
• Graduate School of Geosciences
• Graduate School of Humanities
• Graduate School of Law, Economics and Governance
• Graduate School of Life Sciences
• Graduate School of Natural Sciences
• Graduate School of Social and Behavioral Sciences
Number of Awards:
Approximately 55 scholarships are available.
The scholarship covers the tuition fee plus 10.000 euro living expenses per year. The duration is a maximum of two years for a Master’s degree and three years for a Bachelor’s degree.
The applicant must meet the eligibility criteria in order to be considered for this scholarship. The applicant should:
• Not have the Dutch or an EU/EEA nationality;
• Hold a non-Dutch secondary school diploma;
• Have been admitted to an International Master’s programme within one of the Graduate Schools mentioned above, the Bachelor’s programme in Economics and Business Economics or to University College Utrecht;
• Hold a relevant Bachelor’s degree (for a Master’s programme) or secondary school diploma (for a Bachelor’s programme), or an equivalent thereof;
• Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa;
Failure to meet one or more of these criteria automatically means the student is not eligible for this scholarship.
It is not possible to apply directly for the scholarship but when you apply for admission to the programme of your choice, you can indicate whether you wish to be considered for this scholarship. The selection committees will review the application files for possible nominees.
Prospective Bachelor’s students in Economics and Business Economics who wish to be considered for the scholarship should apply for admission before 1 April. Prospective Master’s students who wish to be considered for the scholarship should apply for admission before 1 December.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Deadline: 1 April/1 Dec (annual)
Study in: Netherlands
Course starts Sept 2016